Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > trade a new PC for a Powerbook

trade a new PC for a Powerbook
freakishhair
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2001, 02:27 PM

okay!... im probally gonna have people laughing as hard as possible or people who want to beat me for asking this... but would anyone want to trade a brand new.. never-used 1.2ghz , 512MB RAM, 60GB Harddrive, 20" monitor .. 20x10x32 CDRW , 12X DVD for a 400mhz or higher powerbook? just thought i would ask.... its brand new.. never used.. with 1 year warrenty.... let me know
~fReAk
die MS die!
anyone wana donate a mac, email [email protected].. i am a student with no cash!

Ryu
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 20, 2001, 02:50 PM

You may get a Lombard for that... I think Pismo users are too overwhelmed with their machine yet to exchange it with anything else than a TiBook... well, good luck anyway.

bighead
Senior User
Jul 20, 2001, 03:02 PM

I wouldn't trade my PowerBook for anything that runs Windows. But I don't think I'll be trading this Pismo in for a while, especially since there appears to be a path for a G4 processor upgrade. While that does open up a real can of worms in the discussion, I do think that it is possible to fit a G4 in this case. It will probably just take some time and some really good enginnering.

As for your trade, give it a shot on eBay.
the bighead

- MacBook Pro 15" matte non-unibody 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, 120/SSD & 750GB/7200
- PM G4 Dual 1.25 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1x320 boot, 1x2TB TM Backup - 2x1TB & 2x3TB Archive/Backup

Blake Bowden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2001, 06:57 PM

Might get $1200 on ebay

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2001, 11:46 PM

I figure all those components are worth around... $100. Perhaps we might work out a cash deal. I can trade a 500-megahertz Pismo for that and $200, since my 500-megahertz machine could fetch $1200 used on eBay upgraded to 384 megabytes of RAM. I have the 20-gigabyte hard drive model.

1.2-gigahertz Athlon "Thunderbird" is $100
An Athlon motherboard is $50
RAM is $38
Hard drive is $125
CD-RW is $138 (nice drive, by the way)
DVD is $34
20-inch monitor is $480
Whatever video is probably $50-100

If you are interested, drop me a line at [email protected] .

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Jul 21, 2001, 02:10 AM

Moving this to Buy/Sell forum.

thanks
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Forum Links
Forum Rules