Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Stuffit Expander incompatible?!

Stuffit Expander incompatible?!
Teek
Oct 15, 1999, 09:42 AM

I have Expander 5.1.3, but every time I try to unstuff something, I get a -11 error. MacsBug reports it as "System error #119 - dsMustUseFCBAccessors".

There's a TechNote about FCB changes in OS 9, so it seems to me that Expander is incompatible. Anyone else have this problem? Or, better yet, know when a new version will be released?

That copy of MindExpander I've been keeping around is finally coming in handy!

Mike Cashwell
Oct 15, 1999, 10:00 AM

I installed Internet Access along with MacOS 9. It put version 5.1.4 of Expander and 5.1.2 of DropStuff (and 5.1.3 of the extenstions). It seems to work fine. Try custom-installing Internet Utilities and then making sure you don't have duplicate copies.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 1999, 10:35 AM

The error message you received, and the fact that you still use version 5.1.3, indicates that you are not using the release copy of OS 9 from the CD.

The error message has been updated in the shipping release with a friendlier message indicating that "an update to this software is required for compatability with the improved Mac OS file system."

Teek
Oct 15, 1999, 12:09 PM

>The error message you received, and the fact
>that you still use version 5.1.3, indicates
>that you are not using the release copy of OS
>9 from the CD.

No need to jump to conclusions.
I actually DO have the release version, and I've figured out my problem: I didn't bother installing the copy from the CD because I figured it woudn't be necessary. I've installed it now and everything's fine.

rph
Oct 16, 1999, 04:47 PM

I keep MindExpander around. For a long time, they've said that they work on all Mac OS's, including 9.

Forum Links
Forum Rules