Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS]

Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS] (Page 50)
goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
I'll be really disappointed if they try to pull an insanity plea with Baltar. That's just weak.
I wonder who's going to act as his lawyer.
We actually already know. It's:

I think Baltar's lawyer is going to go for the best defense he can, and to me right now that seems like it would be insanity. I don't see any other plausible defense. I mean, a lawyer could try arguing he was not directly aiding the Cylons... but after his time on the base ship... and letting Sharon go when he knew she was a Cylon...
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Feb 14, 2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Having Adama be a Cylon would ruin the show.
Wording it like that just gave me an idea: what if Dualla were a Cylon? She and Lee are married, and despite their difficulties they're clearly in love. What if Dualla were to become pregnant, eventually giving birth to a hybrid child?

The reason this popped into my head came from an early line from Leoben, when he said to Roslin that "Adama is a Cylon." We know that Bill can't be a Cylon, and Lee seems only slightly less likely. It's entirely possible, perhaps even likely, that Leoben was merely trying to mess with Roslin's head. But what if Leoben wasn't outing an existing Cylon, but prophesying the birth of a new one?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

greenamp
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2007, 07:16 PM

Honestly, I think all signs point to Helo being a Cylon, and not just any Cylon, but the leader of the final five. If you look closely at his character, he has been the archetype of compassion and dignity. For example, our very 1st encounter with Helo was him giving up his seat on the Raptor in place of Baltar b/c he felt it was for the good of humanity. Then he falls in love with Sharon, and even after knowing she is a Cylon, he remains by her side despite the ridicule he gets from his comrades. Next, we have him turning off the air to the imprisoned Cylons on Galactica b/c he felt it was inhumane to make them suffer through their sicknesses. And finally, in the last episode, we have Helo being the lone side of sympathy to the plight of the Sagetarions, and exposing the civilian doctors true actions, even though he once again had to endure the backlash of the popular opinion.

Seems like every major story arc involving Helo puts him in a position to which he chooses to sacrifice his own wants, beliefs, desires, and even life for the good of something morally greater. To me this suggests a greater identity for the character.

The one problem with my theory is his conceiving a child with Sharon, which, if he were a Cylon, would not be possible by all subjections. Unless maybe b/c he was truly in love with Sharon, and her him, they were able to copulate. Perhaps something about the current Cylon social structure has prevented them from ever really falling in love with another of their kind.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Feb 14, 2007, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by greenamp View Post
Honestly, I think all signs point to Helo being a Cylon, and not just any Cylon, but the leader of the final five. If you look closely at his character, he has been the archetype of compassion and dignity.
Just one problem: we already know Athena's a Cylon, and their child is half-human. This means that either Helo is human or he isn't the father.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2007, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
Just one problem: we already know Athena's a Cylon, and their child is half-human. This means that either Helo is human or he isn't the father.
"The one problem with my theory is his conceiving a child with Sharon, which, if he were a Cylon, would not be possible by all subjections. Unless maybe b/c he was truly in love with Sharon, and her him, they were able to copulate. Perhaps something about the current Cylon social structure has prevented them from ever really falling in love with another of their kind."

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
Exactly. I used to be suspect of Helo just because of the way he pretty much gave up his life for Baltar in the pilot which I thought was just a bit too nice and must have been part of a plan.

We KNOW Athena is a Cylon so if the baby is 50/50 Helo is human.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2007, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by greenamp View Post
"The one problem with my theory is his conceiving a child with Sharon, which, if he were a Cylon, would not be possible by all subjections. Unless maybe b/c he was truly in love with Sharon, and her him, they were able to copulate. Perhaps something about the current Cylon social structure has prevented them from ever really falling in love with another of their kind."
The problem here is that Athena's child must be half-human: the residual effects of carrying a half-human child made her immune to the plague.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Feb 15, 2007, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker View Post
Exactly. I used to be suspect of Helo just because of the way he pretty much gave up his life for Baltar in the pilot which I thought was just a bit too nice and must have been part of a plan.

We KNOW Athena is a Cylon so if the baby is 50/50 Helo is human.
This is off topic, but isn't the term 50/50 mathmatically = 100%? (Purely semantics I know, but when I read it, it looked funny)
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2007, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Chances of being a Cylon.

Felix Gaeta Possible, but he served with Adama 3 years before the attack. So far, we only know of Cylons infiltrating the colonies 2 years before the attack.
Adm Adama Zip. He was in the first Cylon war, long before the humanoid Cylons were created.
Col Tigh Zip. In the first Cylon war too.
Laura Roslin Zip. Was in politics 20 years before the attack, with President Adar's campaign from the Caprica City Mayor's office. Was a teacher before that.
Sam Anders Very low. Caught pneumonia. Verified by Doc Cottle. Anders would need to be faking it, and Cottle would have to be covering too, which would require both to be Cylons.
Apollo Zip. Son of someone who can't be a Cylon. Also, was present on the sick BaseShip, and didn't get sick. It's established that Cylons have no immunity unless they've been pregnant with a hybrid baby. Lee has not been pregnant at any point since the sex change operation.
Starbuck Low chance. Was in a realationship with Zak that ended two years before the attack. Relationship had to start earlier, and was a Viper flight instructor before the relationship started, which requires more fleet history before that.
These statements all assume the final five are like regular Cylons.

There's nothing to say that the final five weren't in the colonies before the other Cylons infiltrated the colonies. The final five seem to be completely independent from the Cylons.

Personally, I think the final five will be people indirectly nudging events along. I think Baltar-in-Six's-head and Six-in-Baltar's-head are two of the final five. I also don't think there will be any "sleepers" from the final five

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2007, 09:40 PM

This is off topic, but isn't the term 50/50 mathmatically = 100%? (Purely semantics I know, but when I read it, it looked funny)
And since Athena is presumably 100% of herself, that actually works out right.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2007, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
And since Athena is presumably 100% of herself, that actually works out right.
Yes... but we're talking about Hera (who is also 100% of herself.)
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 16, 2007, 02:33 AM

Eh, whichever Greek goddess it is. You know how them deity chicks are.
Chuck
___

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2007, 11:47 AM

I noticed how Head Baltar doesn't refer to real Baltar as "me" but rather "Him" like when he said "You are here to rescue HIM".

Head Six also seems to get jealous of real six and also calls her "she" or "her" so it seems they are a totally different person.

The only inconstancy was in the Pilot when Head Six said to Baltar "Perhaps I planted a chip in your head while you were sleeping" so at the time she implied that she was the same person as Caprica Six.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 16, 2007, 12:36 PM

I noticed how Head Baltar doesn't refer to real Baltar as "me" but rather "Him" like when he said "You are here to rescue HIM".

Head Six also seems to get jealous of real six and also calls her "she" or "her" so it seems they are a totally different person.

The only inconstancy was in the Pilot when Head Six said to Baltar "Perhaps I planted a chip in your head while you were sleeping" so at the time she implied that she was the same person as Caprica Six.
It seems like the hallucinations view themselves as a continuation of the people that were on Caprica, but not the same as the real people who exist now. Very Zen.
Chuck
___

reader50
Administrator
Feb 16, 2007, 01:25 PM

I heard that phrase too. Your interpretation probably makes more sense. I'd heard it as "You are here to rescue THEM" - ie, Caprica hadn't done so well at rescuing the Cylons from error, so she'd come to rescue the poor Humans.

Supporting thoughts: at the time Caprica left the Baseship with Athena, it wasn't clear that Baltar would end up with the Colonials. He hadn't been captured yet, the star hadn't gone nova yet (forcing the Cylon retreat) and the Cylons had two heavy Raiders landed on the planet vs the Colonials having one Raptor on the planet. Odds at that time would seem to favor everyone coming back in the Raiders, as passengers or prisoners.

So I'm pretty sure Caprica decided to jump ships independant of Baltar's later whereabouts. Rescuing him might be one of her concerns now, but that wasn't the reason she started out with for going to Galactica.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2007, 02:38 PM

I think we need to think about D'Anna's sketch of the final 5 some more as it says a lot:

In that image it clearly shows the final 5 standing over a bunch of smaller figures. You can interpret the dark figures as Cylons standing around resurrection tanks. The final 5 are represented as parent like figures as they are standing over them and look content. Kinda like how man made Cylons and then the Cylons fought back.

In another sketch which I can't find it showed the 5 at the BOTTOM of the sketch screaming and dark with the dark figures over them looking like they were overruling them.

"According to Colonial scriptures, "Five pillars of the temple were fashioned after the five priests devoted to the one whose name cannot be spoken"

Why would a temple for human usage have a temple that is devoted to a single God when the humans worship more than one god? They also don't say "God" but "the one who's name cannot be spoken" which is odd.

More importantly how could a 1000 year old temple have any sort of information on 5 cylons? Why would it also point towards earth?

Why would these 5 Cylons/priests be worshiping someone's name they can't mention? Why can't they mention him? Also why does head 6 always say "Knowing the face of god is to know madness"?

I still believe whoever these final 5 are they are very very old. There might have been a battle during the first exodus because there were two different religious followings each worshiping who they consider God.

I'm starting to think that Head 6 might be one of these Gods masquerading as her to manipulate things to his/her benefit. On the other side Head Baltar might be the other god doing the same but for their benefit.

The timing of the visions is also strange though as they only started to show AFTER the attack when it looked like Baltar died in the house and AFTER 6 was resurrected for the first time. It could also be the Head alter-ego's are being controlled by the final 5 as they live "In the place between life and death" and could have infiltrated them when they were dead or close to it.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 16, 2007, 02:46 PM

I think we need to think about D'Anna's sketch of the final 5 some more as it says a lot:

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 16, 2007, 02:49 PM

"According to Colonial scriptures, "Five pillars of the temple were fashioned after the five priests devoted to the one whose name cannot be spoken"

Why would a temple for human usage have a temple that is devoted to a single God when the humans worship more than one god?
It's quite common for temples in polytheistic cultures to be dedicated to one god. They just have many different temples for many different gods. For instance, the temple at Delphi was dedicated to Apollo.

It's still peculiar that this was an unnamed god, though, since the humans seem to speak their gods' names freely.
Chuck
___

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Feb 16, 2007, 03:08 PM

This is interesting:

Religion in the Twelve Colonies (RDM) - Battlestar Wiki
Elosha states that the exodus from Kobol was precipitated when "one jealous god began to desire that he be elevated above all the other gods, and the war on Kobol began."

Also interesting is that while there are 12 Colonial gods, only 7 of which have been identified (inconveniently, 4 females, 3 males), with a final five currently unknown to us.
( Last edited by Wiskedjak; Feb 16, 2007 at 03:15 PM. )

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2007, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
This is interesting:
Exactly. This also explains why there is "the ones who's name cannot be spoken" as it was a false God and others considered followers equivalent to satan worshipers.

So in other words these 5 cylons may have worshiped another God secretly. The current Cylons also seem to be worshiping this single mysterious God and don't know what he looks like.

It also makes Head 6's comments about "There is only one true god" make more sense as she might be worshiping the same one or in fact be working for him directly.
( Last edited by Severed Hand of Skywalker; Feb 16, 2007 at 03:28 PM. )

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

bstone
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2007, 03:16 PM

and others considered followers equivalent to satin worshipers.
Yes, I know people who worship satin.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
Yes, I know people who worship satin.
Ya gay men

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 16, 2007, 03:32 PM

Ya gay men
Meh. Not this again.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 16, 2007, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
This is interesting:
This fits in with my theory on the goings on that I wrote many pages back.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

darom
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2007, 04:23 PM

I vote for Laura Roslin being one of the cylones. The tv series' script makes her being very tough and cruel toward the opposite race. Her unusual and mysterious recovery from cancer is odd. Her revelation of being a cylon is going to deliver a shocking finale.

PS if someone has already mentioned my theory, my apologizes - I had enough patience to go through the last couple pages :-) of this discussion.

Regards!

bstone
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2007, 04:24 PM

I don't think Laura is a Cylon based on her recovery from cancer. It seemed to be very scientific in nature.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2007, 07:16 AM

Pretty amazing airlock set and special effects last nite. I never doubt for one second that anything in that show is real except for the toasters. Is it all CG or all models or both?

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 19, 2007, 09:39 AM

I am really getting sick of these irrelevant flashbacks. And this one had a twist. Now we have not only Head-Six and Head-Baltar, but we have Head-Adama's-Drunk-Wife-That-Appears-In-Flashbacks-Too.

BTW, off topic...

I went out for a pizza the other day, and the restaurant we ended up in was called Vecchio Frak. Not sure what that means, but OS X's translation app says it means "Old Frak".

Visnaut
Senior User
Feb 19, 2007, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
Pretty amazing airlock set and special effects last nite.
Yeah it was a great set! And effects too. They're getting better at doing filler episodes.

I just thought the whole situation was a bit contrived. Even if they only realized the severity of the problem 30 mins before they ran out of air, I find it hard to believe they couldn't dock another ship within that timeframe. You'd figure with the fleet out for that long it'd become a routine operation.

I do like the fact though that it's not like voyager where the ship is spic and span after a severe battle. The ship's been through hell and back, and it looks and functions as such.

One thing I find odd though is that the deck is short-manned. They kept it running without the chief and presumably a lot of staff during the occupation, but now with this influx of people they're short staffed?

Oh well, all in all it wasn't a bad episode.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2007, 01:05 PM

I am a bit bummed out on these character development/low budget/self contained episodes that are playing back to back. Next week looks like another one, glad I am going to be out of town for it. Where is the Baltar Trial? Why aren't they interrogating 6? What is up with Starbuck/Lee/Dee/Anders. Where are the damn Cylons?! I'm itching for a viper/raider fight.

Last nights episode was OK but I knew from before it even started that the way they were going to rescue them was by blowing them out the airlock and snatching them up as it is the most dramatic thing they could do. I was happily surprised though on how cool it looked though but they didn't plan it to well. Why didn't they de-pressureise the bay before they opened the doors as the remaining air just blasted tons of junk out at the raptors? Why didn't they just patch it from the outside? Why didn't the Chiefs hand get sucked into space when he put his hand with the rag on the breach? Why was Roslyn so giddy and worry free suddenly? Is this the first episode without Baltar or 6? How could they even consider giving Baltar back to the Cylons?

Anywho, the airlock thing was cool but not original like they normally do. The exact same scene was in the movie Event Horizon 10 years ago.

2 weeks from now we better have the best damn episode ever to make up for this slow stuff and not just cheap court room stuff, I want basestar battles dammit!
( Last edited by Severed Hand of Skywalker; Feb 19, 2007 at 01:46 PM. )

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2007, 01:17 PM

^^^Agree completely. BG is starting to bore me.

reader50
Administrator
Feb 19, 2007, 02:27 PM

Carolyn Adama does not have an independent existence. She was visible only in past memory, and never appeared in the present. She also had only the vaguest references to present events, sticking almost exclusively to the past. And she definitively declared that she was dead.

None of the ambiguity that Imaginary Six / Imaginary Balter regularly offer. Only one day a year, when Adama remembers his anniversary. Finally, she doesn't have the self assurance that the Imaginaries do.

The Chief & Cally seem to have forgotten their science classes and training. A patch doesn't have to be labelled "Colonial Fleet Emergency Patch" to be used. It's just a crack in a weld seam. Most anything will do to cover it enough to equalize pressure. Slice off half the existing patch from clean metal that didn't need if, and apply where it was needed. Smear some grease on reasonably tight fabric.

If you don't have some nonporous material & something gooey to make the seal, then use a trickle of water. Some of it will freeze at the opening due to the temp drop as the pressure drops. Ice will make a perfectly good temp seal. If they don't have water on them, use urine. Though the show might not be able to show it.

Baltar's trial seems to be part of the Season 3 Finale, so we won't reach it for a few more eps.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 19, 2007, 02:38 PM

Carolyn Adama does not have an independent existence. She was visible only in past memory, and never appeared in the present. She also had only the vaguest references to present events, sticking almost exclusively to the past. And she definitively declared that she was dead.
Adama talked to Carolyn about what he was doing all day. She didn't appear in the room with other people, but he would appear in a room with her. It wasn't memories so much as being like when Baltar hallucinates that he's back on Caprica.

The Chief & Cally seem to have forgotten their science classes and training. A patch doesn't have to be labelled "Colonial Fleet Emergency Patch" to be used. It's just a crack in a weld seam. Most anything will do to cover it enough to equalize pressure. Slice off half the existing patch from clean metal that didn't need if, and apply where it was needed. Smear some grease on reasonably tight fabric.

If you don't have some nonporous material & something gooey to make the seal, then use a trickle of water. Some of it will freeze at the opening due to the temp drop as the pressure drops. Ice will make a perfectly good temp seal. If they don't have water on them, use urine. Though the show might not be able to show it.
That's what I thought. The chief was standing there staring helplessly at the small hole, and I was like, "It's a ****ing HOLE, you dimwit! Just stick something in it!" I'm kind of coming to dislike Tyrol this season, though I think that's mainly because he took Cally and sucked all the life out of her.
Chuck
___

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2007, 03:08 PM

Slice off half the existing patch from clean metal that didn't need if, and apply where it was needed. Smear some grease on reasonably tight fabric.
And if all that failed the Chief could have used his fat ass.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2007, 03:18 PM

Why didn't they de-pressureise the bay before they opened the doors as the remaining air just blasted tons of junk out at the raptors?
Ignoring the other holes in the scene that you mentioned, I think the idea was that they needed to have Tyrol/Cally blasted out as well. Otherwise there wouldn't have been enough time to get them into the Raptor.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Ignoring the other holes in the scene that you mentioned, I think the idea was that they needed to have Tyrol/Cally blasted out as well. Otherwise there wouldn't have been enough time to get them into the Raptor.
I do remember them telling them they had to "Jump" though so it was a bit odd.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

reader50
Administrator
Feb 19, 2007, 04:20 PM

They established that the airlock wasn't working, that is why they were present to fix it. I read it that the outer doors couldn't be opened until they fixed the wiring and hydraulics. They got distracted by the air leak before getting anywhere on the repair.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 19, 2007, 10:09 PM

The whole episode I was thinking of the time Starbuck used a piece of her jumpsuit to plug the hole in the Cylon Raider's head.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Feb 20, 2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
I don't think Laura is a Cylon based on her recovery from cancer. It seemed to be very scientific in nature.
I agree. She doesn't appear to be a Cylon. She could be one of the Final Five, though.

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2007, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
It's quite common for temples in polytheistic cultures to be dedicated to one god. They just have many different temples for many different gods. For instance, the temple at Delphi was dedicated to Apollo.

It's still peculiar that this was an unnamed god, though, since the humans seem to speak their gods' names freely.
This god is not one of the Colonial gods. It is a temple to a god that is not part of the pantheon of gods. It may be the god that the Cylons believe to be worshipping.

Let me explain. The Colonial system of gods in BSG seem to be based on the pantheon of gods in ancient Greece right?

Well according to the book of Acts (which is in a bible dedicated to a monotheistic faith), Paul is in Athens and he notices an altar with the inscription: "TO AN UNKNOWN GOD." He uses this to launch into prothelizing that this unknown god mentioned is the god he is about to introduce to them.

Acts Chapter 17 Verses 22-23 NIV has the following:
'22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.'
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2007, 02:21 AM

Exactly. This also explains why there is "the ones who's name cannot be spoken" as it was a false God and others considered followers equivalent to satan worshipers.

So in other words these 5 cylons may have worshiped another God secretly. The current Cylons also seem to be worshiping this single mysterious God and don't know what he looks like.

It also makes Head 6's comments about "There is only one true god" make more sense as she might be worshiping the same one or in fact be working for him directly.
I think you are mixing two different things up. Google Tetragrammaton. There may indeed have been a religious schism but I don't think they are related in the way you think they are.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2007, 05:39 PM

Listening to the Podcast RDM clearly indicated the reason D'Anna was boxed was because she "Did something none of them were supposed to do" and "The unforgivable sin" meaning when she saw the final 5 Cylons. Because she did this the other Cylons saw no choice but to box her.

Originally we thought the Cylons didn't know of the final 5 because "They don't talk about them, not ever". It seems it isn't just a simple no no to talk of them but some sort of programming rule or against Gods will.

The question is why though? Why can't even the other Cylons know about them with the punishment of seeing them being death? Something about them and the face of God must be so shocking that it could damage everything.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 26, 2007, 12:54 AM

Well, this episode started out good, with a good factory set. I liked all the politics discussed early on.

And then it got stupid. It's like they cut out 20 minutes or something cuz...

Lame.

bstone
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2007, 02:53 AM

Your spoiler thing isn't hidden when it comes via email.

Spliff
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2007, 03:28 AM

So it's starting to look more and more like BSG has ...

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 26, 2007, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
So it's starting to look more and more like BSG has ...
Rumors has it we won't be disapointed by next week.

What's everyone here's opinions on Baltar's story? True or not true?

reader50
Administrator
Feb 26, 2007, 08:05 AM

I liked this one. It felt real, showing desperate people in a rag-tag fleet. Everyone's motives tracked, no one doing things for kicks because of their exotic head problems. Even Baltar was spreading populist propaganda, to improve public opinion ahead of what might otherwise be a one-sided trial.

Adama was concerned with restoring discipline, and his reasons made sense. Once that was acknowledged, the Chief got his audience with the Prez. Which admittedly, he hadn't had trouble seeing her before. The Prez isn't the enemy either, and listens to good points if you don't get in her face.

I'm not an aviation expert, but shouldn't the distressed Raptor have dumped it's fuel? That would shut off the stuck engine. There'd be a risk of an explosion, but better to have one in space than to leave a fueled vessel on a collision course with Colonial One.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2007, 10:17 AM

I'm not an aviation expert, but shouldn't the distressed Raptor have dumped it's fuel? That would shut off the stuck engine. There'd be a risk of an explosion, but better to have one in space than to leave a fueled vessel on a collision course with Colonial One.
Not only that, but given the crowded airspace around them at the time, isn't it kind of the pilot's responsibility to make sure that the Raptor isn't pointing toward another vessel before they eject? It didn't look like they were even trying.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2007, 11:02 AM

I liked this episode a lot. Good story. What I really enjoyed though was the Baltar's story plotline. Gives Baltar a chance... I'm interested to see what happens.
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

finboy
Feb 26, 2007, 01:15 PM

I liked this episode a lot. Good story. What I really enjoyed though was the Baltar's story plotline. Gives Baltar a chance... I'm interested to see what happens.
The shark has been jumped.

I liked this plotline too, but I'm not sure they can keep the show going without Cylons. I liked the little speech that Adama gave Chief in the Brig -- someone needs to just give that speech to the whole frakkin fleet and get it over with. Anyone hesitates, the human race could die. It's not like we're organizing a bunch of garbage workers in Cleveland.

Forum Links
Forum Rules