Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators!

The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators! (Page 17)
andi*pandi
Oct 18, 2016, 04:06 PM

In his mind the only way he can lose is if it's rigged. No other cause can cross his mind.

The worst possibility is he's just feeding conspiracy theories to his fanbase because he's hoping to cash in on the new construction needed after said fanbase blows up federal buildings.

/yes I know that's also a conspiracy theory, shhh.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2016, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
In his mind the only way he can lose is if it's rigged. No other cause can cross his mind.

The worst possibility is he's just feeding conspiracy theories to his fanbase because he's hoping to cash in on the new construction needed after said fanbase blows up federal buildings.

/yes I know that's also a conspiracy theory, shhh.
I've been saying this for awhile. This is why a month of early voting is ripe for voter fraud. It's hard to lose an election when you bus people in to vote, and vote, and vote and vote and vote........
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2016, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
Holy crap dude. You generally are as dumb as bag of hammers. The graphic you posted explicitly torpedoes your absurd argument.
Precisely!

CTP apparently believes that the terms "person" and "source" are interchangeable in this particular context. We are NOT discussing journalism here. The issue at hand is logical fallacy. And in that context there is a distinction that very much makes a difference. Let's try it this way to see if it finally sinks in ...

Ad Hominem

e.g. Donald Trump is running a bigoted, racist, and xenophobic campaign therefore his position on immigration is completely without merit.

Genetic Fallacy

e.g. Global warming is a hoax because no one can trust the "lamestream media".

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2016, 07:45 PM

Narcissism run amok. That's why I truly think it is just unfathomable to him that he "groped" any of those women because he's a "star" and how could they have not wanted him to?

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2016, 11:07 PM

He keeps getting such support for a reason. And it's not coincidence.

The KKK Endorses Donald Trump | Complex

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2016, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Clearly you should be asking yourself that question. Moving on ...
Read the damned post, you're clearly wrong. Just another example of your idiocy in action, I guess.

I get it, "push the negative through until it's a positive". Alinsky would be proud, but maybe you should stop listening to radicals before you become incapable of any rational thought?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2016, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
Holy crap dude. You generally are as dumb as bag of hammers.
You can't rescue your distressed damsel this time, Pablo. From the beginning *I* was the one that said Argumentum Ad Hominem is attacking the person, he claimed it was the source.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 18, 2016, 11:53 PM

Did CTP break up with OAW, or the reverse?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2016, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Did CTP break up with OAW, or the reverse?
Placing you back in the bag again.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
You can't rescue your distressed damsel this time, Pablo. From the beginning *I* was the one that said Argumentum Ad Hominem is attacking the person, he claimed it was the source.
You realize I just quoted you a page or so ago right? Again I'm not like you. I don't just speak utter BS with confidence. I actually back up what I say with facts. You seem to be suffering from a severe onset of convenient amnesia so I'll help you out with a little reminder:

To which I then responded:

So we can all see not just in "black and white" but also with photo evidence that I never once said "Ad Hominem" meant "attacking the source". YOU did!!!

But again you have this compulsion to never admit when you are 100%, unequivocally wrong even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary that you will actually try to get away with a bald-faced lie like this. It's just .... pathological. You have completely shit the bed here. Just cut it out and go wash your ass.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 19, 2016 at 12:49 AM. )

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2016, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Him not needing the system is coincidental to his burning it down.
This is a weird Catch-22.

He (apparently) could never be in a situation where he needed the system because he's far too petulant to work within the system.

If he had the demeanor to work within the system, he'd presumably understand the value of not trashing it.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 03:42 AM

You realize I just quoted you a page or so ago right? ...
I see your problem, now. I was indeed referring to myself as the source, there, not an article writer. YOU jumped to that conclusion, as you always do. Given your track record for personal attacks, and the ankle-biting way you go about them, it's no surprise that I'm the only person on this forum, who isn't on the Left, who will even talk with you anymore. Ever wonder why that is? Have you even noticed? Probably not.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 09:16 AM

I see your problem, now. I was indeed referring to myself as the source, there, not an article writer. YOU jumped to that conclusion, as you always do.
Like I said you are just .... pathological! So let's continue to treat this ongoing case of convenient amnesia. This is how it started ...

Right there was where YOU first alleged I made an "Ad Hominem" attack because I expressed incredulity at some random, anonymous Wordpress blog you had earlier cited as some sort of "authoritative source" to support the nonsensical ramblings you were posting on that particular topic. YOU linked to a "reference". And what did it say?

So right there YOU made the assertion that I was "attacking the source". And as I indicated earlier ... I WAS! But again that was on the basis of it being a "False Attribution" on YOUR part .... NOT because it was an "Ad Hominem" on MY part.

Oh but wait it gets worse!!! Because this is what was said next ...

You see that part where the actual definition of "Ad Hominem" was posted? From a real dictionary and not Newsvine? Well I posted that! So I was the one who said it meant "attacking the person" from the beginning. Not YOU as you just claimed in that bald-faced lie you told a few posts up.

I also went on to establish what my objections were to "your own source" by speaking to the actual contents of the article. But since you can't simply acknowledge when you are wrong you pressed the issue of the definition of "Ad Hominem" with this ...

But now you want to sit here and insult the intelligence of everyone in this thread who can actually read and follow the flow of a discussion that when you said "attacking the source" you were talking about yourself and NOT the Wordpress blog? Do you actually believe ANYBODY is buying that? FOH!!!!

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 19, 2016 at 09:27 AM. )

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2016, 09:22 AM

Too many toddlers in the room.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2016, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
This is a weird Catch-22.

He (apparently) could never be in a situation where he needed the system because he's far too petulant to work within the system.

If he had the demeanor to work within the system, he'd presumably understand the value of not trashing it.
Counterpoint: he's trashing his own brand which he needs

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 09:36 AM

The #1 case against TRUMP to be made? He's someone whose ARROGANCE far exceeds his actual INTELLIGENCE. With a tendency towards MENDACITY that is so PATHOLOGICAL that it renders him INCAPABLE of acknowledging when he is wrong. Even when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS. Sound familiar?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 19, 2016 at 10:05 AM. )

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Too many toddlers in the room.
He's entirely unhinged. He needs a shrink and sedation, not an internet connection.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 10:26 AM

The #1 case against TRUMP to be made? He's someone whose ARROGANCE far exceeds his actual INTELLIGENCE. With a tendency towards MENDACITY that is so PATHOLOGICAL that it renders him INCAPABLE of acknowledging when he is wrong. Even when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS. Sound familiar?
But you're a Hillary supporter?

Incidentally, I was taking so many opiates (incl. fentanyl and oxy) back in the March (due to numerous ankle surgeries), I'm shocked that I could form cogent sentences, much less get 2 fallacies confused.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2016, 10:34 AM

He needs dose of reality, and what his party and candidate are up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2016, 10:50 AM

Well any hopes the new page would be a respite from obnoxiously long posts have been dashed.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 10:53 AM

Foval and Creamer have both been fired. This is why early voting needs to be eliminated. Kinda hard to lose an election when you have 30 days to bus people in to vote, and vote, and vote and vote.....

There will be another video released today.
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2016, 11:04 AM

WHO hired them? THEY should be fired and all those involved need to go to jail for decades.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 12:22 PM

WHO hired them? THEY should be fired and all those involved need to go to jail for decades.
Willi Cicci explains
“The [Clinton] campaign pays DNC, DNC pays Democracy Partners, Democracy Partners pays the Foval Group, The Foval Group goes and executes the shit,” Foval told an undercover journalist.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/18/ex...#ixzz4NYWB9GVn
( Last edited by Chongo; Oct 19, 2016 at 05:15 PM. )
45/47

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2016, 03:16 PM

This article is interesting, though it hails from more innocent times.

Book Review: The Art Of The Deal | Slate Star Codex

The author posits Trump would no more attempt to design an ideal system of governance than he would draw up a blueprint for a building he's developing. Of course, everyone here designs ideal systems of governance as a leisure activity.

To put it another way, if Trump's worldview is as narrow as the author alleges, "I'll hire the best people" genuinely constitutes the full extent of his opinion on policy.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2016, 03:26 PM

Placing you back in the bag again.
Your bag reeks of farts.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2016, 06:00 PM

This article is interesting, though it hails from more innocent times.

Book Review: The Art Of The Deal | Slate Star Codex

The author posits Trump would no more attempt to design an ideal system of governance than he would draw up a blueprint for a building he's developing. Of course, everyone here designs ideal systems of governance as a leisure activity.

To put it another way, if Trump's worldview is as narrow as the author alleges, "I'll hire the best people" genuinely constitutes the full extent of his opinion on policy.
I mean, it's logical enough. He's obviously a hand-off delegator and his intellect is about puddle deep. Plus he has no obvious vision, outside of his generic 'make america great again' slogan.

On its face it wouldn't be a disqualifying trait for a candidate, but you'd like them to know something about something.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2016, 07:03 PM

Trump does not hire, "the best people."
He hires yes men who tell him what he wants to hear. Take a look at his campaign. The advisors with actual experience who gave him any semblance of practical advice were ignored.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 08:26 PM

Incidentally, I was taking so many opiates (incl. fentanyl and oxy) back in the March (due to numerous ankle surgeries), I'm shocked that I could form cogent sentences, much less get 2 fallacies confused.
Which if true ... and that's a big IF .... is something you could have said from jump street and simply acknowledged that the claim you made back in MARCH was incorrect when I quoted it TWO PAGES AGO. Instead, you insisted here in OCTOBER that what you said back in MARCH was still true nonetheless. Then to make matters worse you chose to bald-faced lie here in OCTOBER about who wrote what back in MARCH in the face of photographic evidence to the contrary! And assuming you aren't still on medication you don't have an "I was taking opiates" excuse for that dumb sh*t. In any event, that's about as close as you are ever going to come to simply admitting that you were wrong so let's just keep it moving.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2016, 02:51 AM

It IS true, you can't join into any political discussion without tripping over the logical fallacies you drop everywhere. The irony that the pathological liar on this forum, the person who can't even talk without manipulating what everyone says, is trying to call me out. Stick with the race-baiting and bigotry, you excel with those.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2016, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Foval and Creamer have both been fired. This is why early voting needs to be eliminated. Kinda hard to lose an election when you have 30 days to bus people in to vote, and vote, and vote and vote.....

There will be another video released today.
So why haven't the feds or other law enforcement types started rounding up the others involved? Too political, and damaging to the Democrats???

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2016, 07:16 AM

So why haven't the feds or other law enforcement types started rounding up the others involved? Too political, and damaging to the Democrats???
we'll see whats comes of this.
O’Keefe fallout: FEC asked to probe Hillary, supporters
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2016, 06:31 PM

But some would say it's all just ... "coincidental".

How Trump Took Hate Groups Mainstream | Mother Jones

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 10:24 AM

He complains about corrupt, biased sources, then he uses MoJo.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 11:37 AM

He complains about corrupt, biased sources, then he uses MoJo.
Is Mother Jones an unabashedly progressive magazine? Indeed it is. One that is a 3 time winner of the National Magazine Award for General Excellence. An award sponsored by the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. You see when they had that bombshell story about Mitt Romney and his 47% comments at a private fundraiser they released the raw, unedited footage with their piece. Quite unlike Mr. O'Keefe who you are so enamored with. There's simply no comparison between the two with respect to credibility. Period.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 12:16 PM

O'Keefe isn't a journalist and doesn't sell himself as a media outlet, either.

Mojo is a garbage, biased source, posing as "news". Period. They're the Left's version of Breitbart.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 12:38 PM

O'Keefe isn't a journalist and doesn't sell himself as a media outlet, either.
Nonsense! Project Veritas' tag line is "Investigating and Exposing Corruption in both Public and Private Institutions". O'Keefe most definitely presents himself as an "investigative journalist".

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 01:57 PM

"Nonsense"? Your own pic says otherwise. How many other news outlets are NPOs? While he has won awards for journalism, Veritas isn't a member of the news media, unlike MoJo (despite them being horribly biased shitheads). Do you see the difference there?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 02:51 PM

"Nonsense"? Your own pic says otherwise. How many other news outlets are NPOs? While he has won awards for journalism, Veritas isn't a member of the news media, unlike MoJo (despite them being horribly biased shitheads). Do you see the difference there?
But you claimed O'Keefe doesn't present himself as a journalist/media outlet. Clearly that's not the case. As for other media outlets being an NPO? Well here's a big one you may have heard of.

Public Radio Finances : NPR

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 03:48 PM

No, he isn't working as a journalist for Veritas, in this piece that's not how he's presented, because they're not a news outlet. Do you want to crack down on the free speech of private organizations, NPOs or otherwise?

NPR is pretty unique, and still catch hell for directly taking gov't funds; federal, state, and local, because of the bias it introduces. Is Veritas taking gov't funding?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 04:01 PM

No, he isn't working as a journalist for Veritas, in this piece that's not how he's presented, because they're not a news outlet. Do you want to crack down on the free speech of private organizations, NPOs or otherwise?

NPR is pretty unique, and still catch hell for directly taking gov't funds; federal, state, and local, because of the bias it introduces. Is Veritas taking gov't funding?
True to form you are just going to IGNORE how the man claimed on his own Facebook page that he was a "journalist". In direct contradiction to your claims. So whatever dude.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2016, 11:14 AM

True to form you are just going to IGNORE how the man claimed on his own Facebook page that he was a "journalist". In direct contradiction to your claims. So whatever dude.
Because a journalist can't do other projects or work? Tell me, if you're an IT guy and you take a job as a teller, does that mean you're automatically functioning as the network admin for the bank, too? Does that become part of your job, just because it's something you also do for a living? Your "logic" is garbage (unsurprisingly), again.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2016, 01:10 PM

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2016, 11:04 AM

andi*pandi
Oct 25, 2016, 11:49 AM

17 Million insurance fraud after hurricanes for Maralago... if there were repairs made, there were no permits filed, or they were done under the table and Donnie pocketed the difference!
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/poli...nline-comments

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2016, 01:03 PM

17 Million insurance fraud after hurricanes for Maralago... if there were repairs made, there were no permits filed, or they were done under the table and Donnie pocketed the difference!
Donald Trump took $17 million in insurance for damage few remember - The Boston Globe
Still pales to the billions ripped off from the Hatians after the earthquake.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2016, 08:08 PM

Mojo is a garbage, biased source, posing as "news". Period. They're the Left's version of Breitbart.
I imagine you'll take issue with this one too.

How White Nationalists Learned To Love Donald Trump - POLITICO Magazine

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2016, 08:47 PM

Hilarity ensues.

OAW

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 26, 2016, 01:08 PM

Counterpoint: he's trashing his own brand which he needs
I feel like he's going to be required to pivot his brand after this is all said and done.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 26, 2016, 01:21 PM

I feel like he's going to be required to pivot his brand after this is all said and done.
If this election is any indication, pivoting isn't one of his strong suits.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 26, 2016, 01:34 PM

If this election is any indication, pivoting isn't one of his strong suits.
That's an election. This is business.

Forum Links
Forum Rules