Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Best ad server in PHP?

Best ad server in PHP?
timmerk
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 02:16 AM

Hi,

I need to install a free, open source ad server thing in PHP to add to an existing site that is very easy to install. It needs to show how many times an ad was clicked on, shown, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 27, 2004, 03:49 AM

Originally posted by timmerk:
Any suggestions?
yes: try doing some groundwork yourself, for once. it's ultimately more rewarding than having people hand you a solution. the internet is full of code sites, such as hotscripts.com, where you can pick up loads of scripts to do anything. i know this; simon mundy knows this; the rest of this forum knows this, and YOU know this. by downloading a few and trying them for yourself, then you will know what's right for you - not for somebody else. it's really that simple.

oh, and spare me the "how dare you speak to me like that" speech. i'm just pointing out that you should use common sense from time to time. if you have a problem with that, then use the private message function.
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2004, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by philzilla:
oh, and spare me the "how dare you speak to me like that" speech. i'm just pointing out that you should use common sense from time to time. if you have a problem with that, then use the private message function. [/B]
Computer thez nohhh...

timmerk  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 10:42 PM

Anyways....

Anyone know some? I know there is hotscripts.com, but it is easier if people recommend, so I don't have to install and try 1000. Saves time. Get it?

It's what smart people do.

redJag
Senior User
Oct 28, 2004, 12:30 AM

I don't know of any.
Travis Sanderson

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2004, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by timmerk:
Anyways....

Anyone know some? I know there is hotscripts.com, but it is easier if people recommend, so I don't have to install and try 1000. Saves time. Get it?

It's what smart people do.
Smart people don't rolleyes when they're asking for help, sonny.

What Philzilla is alluding to is that it's more than just visiting here anytime you need to get something done, getting the answer then nicking orf again. It's far more productive to perhaps find out yourself, then come back here and post a topic like 'Very cool ad rotator PHP script' with your findings in it. Giving back a bit to the people who have given their time to you for nothing.

Easier is not always better or indeed right.
Computer thez nohhh...

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 28, 2004, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by Simon Mundy:
Smart people don't rolleyes when they're asking for help, sonny.

What Philzilla is alluding to is that it's more than just visiting here anytime you need to get something done, getting the answer then nicking orf again. It's far more productive to perhaps find out yourself, then come back here and post a topic like 'Very cool ad rotator PHP script' with your findings in it. Giving back a bit to the people who have given their time to you for nothing.

Easier is not always better or indeed right.
word
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2004, 12:20 PM

phpAdsNew is good.

there, question is answered and saves wasting time quarreling over these minor and pointless arguments.
The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing
- Edmund Burke

redJag
Senior User
Oct 28, 2004, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by madmacgames:
phpAdsNew is good.

there, question is answered and saves wasting time quarreling over these minor and pointless arguments.
man you're always playin moderator man why don't you get off your throne and see whats it like down here man always judging man.

err.. just kidding. Although, searching this forum for timmerk, I can see where these two are coming from.
Travis Sanderson

Forum Links
Forum Rules