Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Photo tab not there in itunes

Photo tab not there in itunes
broxy5
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 12, 2006, 11:39 AM

I bought a 4th gen from Apple as a refurb, and I'm unable to load photos or album art. It shows up on my wife's Powerbook, but my photos and music library aren't there, they are on my ibook.

I've done everything on the Apple site regarding this, but no go. I've reinstalled itunes, updated, and reset. For some reason, I couldn't get itunes to reinstall from the .dmg I downloaded either, and had to get it off the pb, which as I mentioned, has no problem with the photo tab not being there.

I've deleted the ipod.plist, copied the command from the Apple site into terminal, reinstalled itunes, but it refuses to show up.

Just a note. There are a few threads related in the Apple discussions, but no answers.

lilford
Apr 12, 2006, 05:31 PM

Is your ipod set to be in disk mode? But, really, I don't think this matters when trying to put photos on the ipod. Just when you are trying to use your ipod as an external drive.

broxy5  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2006, 05:53 PM

Solved by Archive/ Install. Solved all of my problems. I read somewhere on the Apple discussions that someone did this as well. It just seemed to be a rather aggressive solution....but it worked, so what can I say.

Forum Links
Forum Rules