Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Halo 4

Halo 4 (Page 3)
Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 22, 2013, 11:47 PM

Grifball! Finally! I can get some hammer kills... And sword kills.

4 new specializations? I haven't completed the existing ones, yet.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2013, 12:36 AM

It looks like they added a community forge playlist as well.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2013, 10:54 AM

Yeah I read that too in the update screen, when I started up HALO 4 to get the update (only took 20 minutes for the update - I guess it doesn't seem like an eternity when you don't have to wait for it and watch it download). Finally, we get to play some community maps.
MacBook Pro

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Feb 10, 2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Different people are going to have difficulty in different areas. It depends on the approach you take and how well you manage your ammo.
Finished up the Solo Legendary Campaign today, finally put some time in after pulling away from multiplayer.

Honestly there was a few difficult parts but mostly it was everything i expected it to be. I've beaten every halo game solo legendary 4 is one of the more difficult but Reach takes the top spot.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Feb 10, 2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
It looks like they added a community forge playlist as well.
Community Lockout remake (Shutout) is easily the highlight of that playlist

Had a great time playing Grifball last week, i'm glad they continue to change up those playlists while keeping the normal Slayer and BTB mix.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2013, 04:42 PM

There's a remake of Lockout? Nice. I will have to check it out tonight. I haven't touch the Community playlist because I've been busy with Spec-Ops, BTB, SWAT and Grifball. Have you started your Solo Legendary run on campaign yet?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 11, 2013, 05:40 PM

There's a remake of Lockout? Nice. I will have to check it out tonight. I haven't touch the Community playlist because I've been busy with Spec-Ops, BTB, SWAT and Grifball.
I tried the community playlist once and stayed out since. Got slaughtered, or sniper-slaughtered. But maybe it was a bad map.

Grifball and BTB is fun. I like the Spec-Ops story, and the spec-ops missions, although lately I've had lag playing Spec-ops through the matchmaking, and have been playing some of it Solo. I can't figure it out, Wargames is usually fine, but it lags in spec-ops. Although some of it looks like it's my connection.

Originally Posted by Stogieman
Have you started your Solo Legendary run on campaign yet?
I think he finished his Solo Legendary run.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 12, 2013, 03:55 AM

You're right. I just saw that on my TrueAchievements feed.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Feb 12, 2013, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Finished up the Solo Legendary Campaign today, finally put some time in after pulling away from multiplayer.

Honestly there was a few difficult parts but mostly it was everything i expected it to be. I've beaten every halo game solo legendary 4 is one of the more difficult but Reach takes the top spot.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 12, 2013, 03:33 PM

That's weird, I swear that post didn't load up the last time I visited this thread.

So you think Reach is the hardest of all the Solo Legendary campaigns? Most Halo users I talk to say Halo 2 still holds that title. I wouldn't know because that is the only one I haven't played on Legendary.

I'm glad to hear Halo 4 isn't as hard as Reach. That campaign was a pain in the ass.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 12, 2013, 05:05 PM

Wasn't Reach one of the HALOs you could beat on Legendary in coop and get all the achievements? It doesn't specifically have a Legendary solo achievement does it? Because I know I have 1000/1000 GS on Reach, but I don't think I did it on Legendary solo. I think I did it through the campaign matchmaking on Legendary.

I don't think I've done a HALO on Legendary solo.
MacBook Pro

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Feb 12, 2013, 07:11 PM

That's weird, I swear that post didn't load up the last time I visited this thread.

So you think Reach is the hardest of all the Solo Legendary campaigns? Most Halo users I talk to say Halo 2 still holds that title. I wouldn't know because that is the only one I haven't played on Legendary.

I'm glad to hear Halo 4 isn't as hard as Reach. That campaign was a pain in the ass.
Reach did have a solo legendary Achievement, worth 150GS
I would rank Reach as the most difficult solo legendary campaign of the series but Halo 2 is an easy second place.

My rank would go as follows for legendary difficulty

Halo: Reach
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 3
Halo: ODST
Halo: CE

EDIT: Halo 3 had a legendary campaign achievement that could be unlocked with co-op play

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Feb 12, 2013, 07:24 PM

Quick rundown from TrueAchievements, interesting to see the completion % and dates completed on these.

Halo 3

Halo: ODST

Halo: Reach

Halo 4

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2013, 12:41 AM

Oh, ok, I see I did do the Halo Reach campaign on Legendary solo, according to Trueachievements. it's been so long ago, I forgot.

If I find some spare time, I might try Halo 4's campaign on legendary solo.
MacBook Pro

KCrosbie  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2013, 11:15 PM

Majestic Map Pack coming Feb. 25

Monolith looks bad ass!

KCrosbie  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2013, 12:23 AM

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2013, 12:39 PM

I'll have to find some time to check out the new maps and try and get the new achievements. Someone on my TA friends list has already completed all the achievements. It looks like they are wanting you to try out other armor abilities.

I've been spending most of my time on Far Cry. The only exception was to play the Spartan Ops chapters.
MacBook Pro

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Mar 4, 2013, 09:06 AM

Downloaded (and completed achievements) for the Majestic Map Pack. Defiantly an improvement over the Crimson pack which was lifeless and boring IMO.

Great achievement list with a good mix of difficulty (if your not boosting) and created some variety in my playstyle.

Most importantly the maps...

Landfall - Fantastic map, great Halo 3 style setup, medium sight lines but major focus on interior battles with good mix of spawning power weapons. Easily the highlight of this map pack and is now my favorite Halo 4 map.

Skyline
- Decent map, best for FFA and even CTF. Very vertical with no set locations to hold or camp in makes the action move throughout. Slightly on the small side for some game types but action packed and a great addition to the more CQB Halo 4 multi needed.

Monolith - Least favorite for sure, long sight lines, symmetrical map type with campers galore. This map feels like it was meant to be a Midship evolution but fails in every aspect. Action takes place in two locals, one being the rocket spawn which is a complete cluster f*** of grenades and the man cannon bases. No CQB occurs as everyone sticks to DMR/BR camping the rockets and snipe spawn. Not a fan.

Overall Majestic Map Pack - 7/10

In other news, played some of the SWAT playlist and noticed they imported a few of the community maps into regular rotation, Lockout remake....yes please.

EDIT: Achievements

Best achievement title in a long time

...pretty sure we coined this for Halo during Halo 3

Most difficult achievement (not boosting)

My recommendation is FFA on Skyline / Landfall, Loadout to include pulse grenades, grenadier, and explosives for increased damage.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 5, 2013, 08:40 PM

How the hell did you get the Bird of Prey achievement so fast? Getting airassignations is almost impossible for me.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2013, 09:03 PM

Well, I finally got 9 of the 10 achievements in the Majestic Map Pack, just need to get the 4 kills with a SAW. I had 3 kills with a SAW a couple of times, but get killed before the 4th kill.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Apr 9, 2013, 08:09 PM

The new Castle Map Pack is out. I got 2 of the achievements - the easy ones. Got gyped out of one achievement. I disabled and hijacked a ghost, lived for 3-5 seconds and no cheevo.
MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules