Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > MobileMe push email very inconsistently pushing

MobileMe push email very inconsistently pushing
frdmfghtr
Senior User
Aug 4, 2008, 08:34 AM

I've got two email accounts on my iPhone: GMail and MobileMe. I have GMail set to forward to MobileMe to see how well push email works.

For what I can tell, push email is still having issues. For a while, I was getting the MobileMe messages before the GMail messages, as I only fetch GMail once per hour. Now, I'm back to my original problem: mail doesn't get pushed to my iPhone, and the only time MobileMe mail is retrieved is by manually fetching it.

Has anybody else seen this, and how did it get fixed?

w8ing4intelmacs
Forum Regular
Aug 4, 2008, 12:07 PM

I have the same issues. I've kind of given up on getting true push functionality.

I did notice that the battery lasts longer when I changed push to fetch (hourly).

Forum Links
Forum Rules