Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can I add my laptop to my iCloud "find my" devices, using Mobile Me?

Can I add my laptop to my iCloud "find my" devices, using Mobile Me?
m3orange
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 9, 2013, 12:31 PM

Hello. I have various Apple devices that have been succesfully linked to my iCloud account (an iPad and an iPhone). However, I'm trying to also link my laptop which is my most important device to find if lost.

I'm still in Mac OS 10.5.8, and can't/don't want to update to 10.7+. Therefore, I don't have the iCloud panel in System Preferences. Rather, I still have MobileMe. Knowing that MM is now iCloud, can I still register my computer through Mobile Me in order to add it to my iCloud devices (and be able to find my computer if stolen/lost)? Been trying to get answers in Apple's Knowledge Base, to no avail.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

15" PowerBook, 2008 | Mac OS 10.5.8 | 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I roll with a 15" MacBook Pro | Intel Leopard, OS 10.5.8 | 2.5GHz | 4GB RAM.... Thanks!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2013, 12:44 PM

No.

The only iCloud service that is available to you is e-mail, and that only if you jump through some hoops and enter the servers manually (unless you already have it set up from the MobileMe days).

ibook_steve
Feb 11, 2013, 02:50 PM

Why won't you update, at least to Snow Leopard (though that still won't get you iCloud)?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules