Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dakar's Halo 3 Thread

Dakar's Halo 3 Thread (Page 10)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 05:44 PM

I know, I looked over a lot of your last games.
creeeeeee-py

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 05:46 PM

RTB it is.
Page 10?

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I know, I looked over a lot of your last games.
creeeeeee-py
You have no idea. We played snowbound and one team went straight for the underground and we took the ghost and sniper. Score is 2-1 us, and for a minute no one is doing moving. I say, wait them out, but some idiot gets killed, then we manage to get tied up at 3-3, I beg for everyone to wait them out, again, and finally at 5-7 I plasma'd the ghost and headed underground to the slaughter that awaited.

I will admit, my k/d is a bit inflated, as I don't gamble much, and I provide a lot of cover fire and "saves".

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 05:57 PM

I was doing a little Double Team with a friend of mine that just recently got 360. He's a 41 now (I taught him all he knows)

It was 2-1 good guys winning. I had sniper/BR, he had RL + Shotty. He starts running down the middle in Narrows and I had to yell at him to calm the hell down and wait for the LOSING team to come to us.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 06:52 PM

You pros should post some tips and tricks that you use to get so damn good. Maybe tactics to use when solo, teamed, tips for certain weapons, etc.

Cuz you know, that would be good for me, and force you pros to not play so much and spend some time posting tips to help the nubs.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 07:27 PM

Fatty's #1 Tip

Battle Rifle!

Fatty's #2 Tip

Let your shields recharge after killing, run away if needed.

Fatty's #3 Tip

In Team games don't bunch up, but don't spread out too much. You should be close enough to help your friends with a BR.

Fatty's #4 Tip

Utilize every special object. No exceptions. A Flag/Bomb can either be captured/detonated or returned based on these items.

In order of importance IMO (matchmaking only)

1. Shield Regenerator - Most useful for Team Slayer.
2. Bubble-Shield - Invaluable in all sorts of Objective games.
3. Shield Drainer - Most useful for TS and BTB, stops and diables all vehicles in their tracks. Makes enemies easy prey.
4. Grav Lift - All around handy to use if you pick it up right before you need it, otherwise the previous three are great to stash.
5. Trip Mine - Hard to land a decent kill with. I've only recently been fooling around with them in a serious manner. My advice, best used when put in front of the spawn location for vehicles.*

Fatty's #5 Tip

Never stop moving, a still Spartan might as well have a bulls-eye on it. Even if you don't know what's going on in a crazy situation....keep those feet moving.

Bonus Tip!

If you get hit once by a snipe.....DON'T JUMP. Strafe. A jumping Spartan is predictable target for a sniper.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 08:05 PM

*Trip Mine

If your lucky a warthog will be in range to see you, stand still behind the mine you've already placed. nary a driver will resist splattering a still spartan.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 08:08 PM

On another note:

I can't stop popping wheelies!

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 08:21 PM

Sweet tips!

I gotta work on resting after a battle. I usually keep running and end up running into someone else who finishes me off.

I've been working on getting better with the BR. Its definitely a nasty weapon. I'm still pretty inaccurate with it though.

Question, does the Trip Mine last until its detonated when you toss it on the ground, or does it disappear after a while?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 09:14 PM

I always try to recover after a battle, but a lot of times there's already some vulture descending to pick me off. Hiding is an art all its own.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 09:15 PM

It lasts until it finds something to blow up.

I've gotten some really delayed betrayals that way
( Last edited by sek929; Feb 6, 2008 at 11:33 PM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 08:43 AM

Well, Fatty is a new man today.

Thanks to some friends helping me out on a few games late last night I finally got my bird. Next stop....general.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 11:11 AM

Interesting night, last night. Had the main crew come on. But before that, I played some TS. On this game on Valhalla, two of the Red Team and one Blue dropped pre-game. A Red quit soon after, and I had a field day with the laser. 3 times, I caught a guy mid-jump, twice with the Missile Pod about to lay waste to teammates, the last while trying to sneak up on me (Yeah, right, buddy, I'm paranoid).

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 11:30 AM

RBT is so laggy it makes me cringe.

Despite that annoyance I was able to win a few games with people I partied up with.

Best games of the night were back to back One Flag on Sandtrap. In both games I got the laser right away (on defense first both games) and laid waste to any and all vehicles coming at my base.

I'm sad that you dissed me to play TS instead

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
You pros should post some tips and tricks that you use to get so damn good. Maybe tactics to use when solo, teamed, tips for certain weapons, etc.

Cuz you know, that would be good for me, and force you pros to not play so much and spend some time posting tips to help the nubs.
Eve though I don't think I'm a pro I'm going to assume that was aimed at me as well. Ah, contradictions.

Fatty's #1 Tip

Battle Rifle!

Fatty's #2 Tip

Let your shields recharge after killing, run away if needed.

Fatty's #3 Tip

In Team games don't bunch up, but don't spread out too much. You should be close enough to help your friends with a BR.

Fatty's #4 Tip

Utilize every special object. No exceptions. A Flag/Bomb can either be captured/detonated or returned based on these items.

In order of importance IMO (matchmaking only)

1. Shield Regenerator - Most useful for Team Slayer.
2. Bubble-Shield - Invaluable in all sorts of Objective games.
3. Shield Drainer - Most useful for TS and BTB, stops and diables all vehicles in their tracks. Makes enemies easy prey.
4. Grav Lift - All around handy to use if you pick it up right before you need it, otherwise the previous three are great to stash.
5. Trip Mine - Hard to land a decent kill with. I've only recently been fooling around with them in a serious manner. My advice, best used when put in front of the spawn location for vehicles.*

Fatty's #5 Tip

Never stop moving, a still Spartan might as well have a bulls-eye on it. Even if you don't know what's going on in a crazy situation....keep those feet moving.

Bonus Tip!

If you get hit once by a snipe.....DON'T JUMP. Strafe. A jumping Spartan is predictable target for a sniper.
AGreed on the bonus tip. I'm guilty of that too often. I'll have to disagree with 5, conditionally.

I might add one of the top flaws in my game is I just don't use equipment. It never occurs to me.

Alright, my tips. Consider them the ying to sek's yang (and much more basic, as this my first Halo experience). I am primarily a defensive/conservative player. I hate dying. A lot.
(And since I'm not exactly a kill machine, this allows me to stay in positive k/d)

Tip 1

Weapon Balance/Reserve
If I have a shotgun or a sword, best bet is to carry a BR or a Needler in reserve. First, it helps hide your strengths (I'm notorious for getting into a fire-fight, ducking behind cover, switching weapons, then blowing someone's head off when they went in for what they thought was an easy kill) and second, it also gives you versatility, making you dangerous from in-close or far away. Snipers are notorious for this (Shotty snipes anyone?).

Tip 2
Weapon Hording
Let's say some guy is killing you with the Sniper on Guardian. You finally kill him, but no one on your team can use it. That's when you should pick it up and throw it on your back. The longer you're alive the longer their sniper can't use it.

Tip 3
Flank or be Flanked
I'm a bit of a Maverick in Team games (ask ::maroma:, and instead of being in the group of 3 that murders you when they BR you en masse, I'm the one who sneaks up from behind to assassinate you or gets you from the side when you duck for cover from the frontal assault.

Perfect example is the Rocket rush on the Pit. I always go for the shotgun, then head for the invisibility while everyone is engaged. Worse case scenario you meet someone doing the same and you have the power weapon, best case catch the quite occupied rushers unaware and send them packing.

Tip 4
Sticky Situations
Nothing insightful here, but when the enemy gets the drop on you, or you know the end is near, take those last moments, gather your aim and leave him with grenade on his face. You'll cancel out your own death, and in the cases of intense fire-fights and pack mentality, you may take out an extra enemy or two.

Tip 5
Playing Possum
There's going to be several times when your teammates die in a rush leaving you alone in enemy territory. Don't panic. Actually, don't move. So long as you're out of line of sight, the enemy won't know you're there or they'll think you've gone out of range. That way, if they come near you, you'll have the element of surprise to kill at least one, or, when your team mates return, you'll already be in a flanking position to surprise the enemy.

Bonus Driving Tip
The Mobile Oppression Palace
Here's where you should always stay in motion. Aside from Missle Pods and Lasers, grenades are a driver's worst enemy, and whenever you stay still you increase the accuracy of any enemies tossing nades at you.

The other bonus of always staying in motion is when the missle lock alarm sounds, its easier to get to cover. Twice last night I was able to get behind some rocks on Valhalla with the Warthog. Both times the first Pod hit, killing me, but both times my Gunner/Warthog survived, allowing me to return and start driving again.

Now, that I've handed sek all my secrets I can't wait till he murders my ass worse than before.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 11:47 AM

Well, Fatty is a new man today.

Thanks to some friends helping me out on a few games late last night I finally got my bird. Next stop....general.

Congratulations!

Hey, everyone, I teabagged a Brigadier!
So... about helping me get to 30...

I'm sad that you dissed me to play TS instead
Well, I was only gonna play till like 6.30 or 7, but when I came out the first time, you were in theater and the second off-line completely. And you were playing Forza when I got back on with my buddies.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 12:21 PM

That was my roomie playing Forza. Almost beat that game (second time since my 1st Xbox died.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 12:24 PM

I should add that Tip 5 is supposed to apply when you're greatly outnumbered (3 to 1). Otherwise I just come off as a gigantic pussy. (Oh no! It's me alone with one enemy guy! What will I do!)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post

Tip 5
Playing Possum
There's going to be several times when your teammates die in a rush leaving you alone in enemy territory. Don't panic. Actually, don't move. So long as you're out of line of sight, the enemy won't know you're there or they'll think you've gone out of range. That way, if they come near you, you'll have the element of surprise to kill at least one, or, when your team mates return, you'll already be in a flanking position to surprise the enemy.
Good tip!

Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule of running around like a headless chicken.

Let me elaborate on this tip, though.

Example: You are the third in line of your team rushing into battle. Your teammate dies and erupts with weapons, one of them just happens to be the sword. A sword lying on the ground right after a battle might as well be a carrot at the end of a stick.

Be patient, wait for the other team to come get it (they'll see it, it glows fer christsakes) and pounce on them before they have a chance to wield it in your face. I've repeated this tactic with great success, sometimes you can kill the same person over and over again.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 12:28 PM

BTW, any success in TS?

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 12:29 PM

The places I use that most are Last resort and the Pit. Though you can get away with it on Valhalla and Sandtrap sometimes.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 12:39 PM

BTW, any success in TS?
2nd
1st (3 on 2)
1st (4 on 3)
1st
2nd

It feels like I've been getting maps I suck at it or shitty team mates lately. Isolation needs to die. Especially with non-BR starts.

I think I need roughly 4-5 in a row to rank up one level. I seem to be holding on to 21 fairly well, but I haven't been able to crack 23 quite yet.
Oh and thanks to last night only 78 XP to go until Pain and Shame.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the tips! And yes Dakar, I consider you a pro. See, where you play with tact and purpose, I run around like a spaz and get lucky sometimes.

And grats on your bird Sek! Thats something I can only dream about.

Played some last night and got my first Splatter Spree medal, and my first Killing Frenzy on a Ghost! That was fun.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
I run around like a spaz and get lucky sometimes.
Yes, you are a Lone Wolves player.

My regular crew has a guy who is a 22 in LW (I think none of us are higher than 13, though we haven't tried too hard). He is by far our best killer. Problem is he's also our least consistent player. While him racking up 20 kills is nice, one game he'll +8, the next -9. I don't think he adjusts too much if he's getting slaughtered.

On my end, when I played LW I kept finishing with the top 2 or 3 k/d/ ratios, though I'd be 3-5th just as often.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 01:33 PM

2nd
1st (3 on 2)
1st (4 on 3)
1st
2nd
Keep it goin!

Isolation needs to die.
Agreed, my least favorite map. Bomb is fun on it, but that's about it.

I think I need roughly 4-5 in a row to rank up one level. I seem to be holding on to 21 fairly well, but I haven't been able to crack 23 quite yet.
Oh and thanks to last night only 78 XP to go until Pain and Shame.
If you get MVP three times in a row you'll probably go up 5 ranks. I've gone from 34-37 in two games before. It all matters on the streak. Just last night it took over 6 wins to get from 43-45, luckily I got MVP several times.

Also, I hear ya about the gold bars, everyone makes fun of the goldies. Mostly people who have been playing Halo since '98. You could always quit a lot in Social Matches....but I doubt you're that vain.

While him racking up 20 kills is nice, one game he'll +8, the next -9. I don't think he adjusts too much if he's getting slaughtered.
Sounds like my friend you met briefly two group matches ago (Jesus6699). He's a 43, but let me tell you, he SUCKS. Sure, he might get 25 kills in a game.....but he'll get 26 deaths! Gah! I hate playing with him because he will never back down or take cover. He kills and then dies, kills and dies. It's so frustrating.

His highest rank is in LW, his TS rank is only like 32, or something.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:36 PM

I had a mildly amusing moment last night on Social Slayer. I was on top of the laser base and I noticed some commotion on radar below me, so I jumped down and peered in the big shield door and saw someone camping a smaller one on the other side. So I pop in, size them up and toss a sticky. It tags them, at which point they very slowly turned to see where it came from, the exploded. It was hilarious. You could practically see the surprised look on their face. They didn't even try and fight. Just looked at me and died.
(That was in the middle of a Frenzy, I might add)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 01:38 PM

They didn't follow your tip #4.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:47 PM

Keep it goin!
I'm trying. What really hurts is I seem to be playing against a lot Majors (or higher) with mid-20 TS rankings. Sucks.

Agreed, my least favorite map. Bomb is fun on it, but that's about it.
You weren't there for it Saturday, but we did a Multi-flag on it. Was kinda pointless, though since the doors are kind too close.
(Starman scored 3 without even dying. It was over in under 4 minutes)

But yeah, nothing like going uphill the entire game.
(And the style is ugly too. I might tolerate it if it were some kind of techy looking thing)

Crap. I forgot to take a picture of the time the cannon got me stuck in a tree.

If you get MVP three times in a row you'll probably go up 5 ranks. I've gone from 34-37 in two games before. It all matters on the streak. Just last night it took over 6 wins to get from 43-45, luckily I got MVP several times.
Hate to break it to you, but its not true. All the Truskill system weighs is how hard the opponent was and whether you won or lost.

Also, I hear ya about the gold bars, everyone makes fun of the goldies. Mostly people who have been playing Halo since '98. You could always quit a lot in Social Matches....but I doubt you're that vain.
I'm vain enough to take you help. But not that vain. Maybe I'm too vain to have a big -XP rating, but quitting out sounds really boring.

Sounds like my friend you met briefly two group matches ago (Jesus6699). He's a 43, but let me tell you, he SUCKS. Sure, he might get 25 kills in a game.....but he'll get 26 deaths! Gah! I hate playing with him because he will never back down or take cover. He kills and then dies, kills and dies. It's so frustrating.
Our guy isn't that bad -- I'm just as guilty of wandering around solo. Biggest problem is he like isolation and hates Last resort, and I seem to pwn there (Yes, I said pwn, but my lifetime 1.38 k/d is way higher than anywhere else -- partly because it got introduced late and partly because there are so many cool places to BR from).

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:49 PM

They didn't follow your tip #4.
They did a poor version of Tips 3/5.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 01:55 PM

MVP is bogus anyway, I might add.
(Though I think it'd be a cooler medal than beatdown or Killjoy)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 02:02 PM

I'm trying. What really hurts is I seem to be playing against a lot Majors (or higher) with mid-20 TS rankings. Sucks.
Playing with a team you know is much easier than seeing what the Matchmaking system has in store for you. I would still be a 43 if it wasn't for having a well-balanced team that I was familiar with.

(And the style is ugly too. I might tolerate it if it were some kind of techy looking thing)
Especially that big anus thing you can slide through, YUCK!

Hate to break it to you, but its not true. All the Truskill system weighs is how hard the opponent was and whether you won or lost.
Hrm, I trust you, but I've certainly jumped over ranks entirely when on a hot streak before, guess I was winning against better players.

I'm vain enough to take you help. But not that vain. Maybe I'm too vain to have a big -XP rating, but quitting out sounds really boring.
It's best that way. I considered it when I didn't want the bar under my three stars....but really it's a waste of time so fat Mtn. Dew drinking kids don't make fun of you.

Our guy isn't that bad -- I'm just as guilty of wandering around solo. Biggest problem is he like isolation and hates Last resort, but my lifetime 1.38 k/d
Wow, very nice. My K/D there is like 1.05 or something.

BTW, Bungie.net is like a root-canal on a G3 300.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 02:17 PM

Playing with a team you know is much easier than seeing what the Matchmaking system has in store for you. I would still be a 43 if it wasn't for having a well-balanced team that I was familiar with.
While that's true, my team has been sucking it since my buddy made major. Coincidence or not, it means I'm going to be trying solo again.

Especially that big anus thing you can slide through, YUCK!
The sounds are oh so delightful too.

Hrm, I trust you, but I've certainly jumped over ranks entirely when on a hot streak before, guess I was winning against better players.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.a...tRepeater1-p=1
Originally Posted by MythBusting
Trueskill DOES NOT take into evaluation performances inside the game. The ONLY statistics that Trueskill takes from a game are the Mu and Sigma values of all the players, and how you placed.

This means that out of all of these statistics:
Getting the MVP
Having a High K/D ratio
Getting the most medals
Skill levels of those you killed / killed you
Weapons you used
Headshots
Captures, detonations, stops, ousts, etc.

NONE of them matter when calculating the Mu increase/decrease. Any link between any of these and the skill ratings are purely correlative and not causative.

For example. When I play Team Slayer with my buddies on my alternate gamertag, much of the time I end up carrying the team. I created this tag to play with my buddies, and as such, have only ever played on that party with that tag. I ranked up to the level of my friends within 20 or so games, while it had taken them 50 to 100 games to reach their level. My friends thought that it was because of my frequent MVP status and my high K/D ratio that I leveled up so fast.

Wrong. I leveled up fast because A) I initially had a very high Sigma, making my Mu more variable after each win, B) Starting out at a 1 and playing people in the mid teens gave me a considerable boost every time I won, and C) We won more frequently than they had in the past.

It's best that way. I considered it when I didn't want the bar under my three stars....but really it's a waste of time so fat Mtn. Dew drinking kids don't make fun of you.
Wow, worried about one bar? Way to make feel more pathetic.

I wouldn't care so much, but my 600+ Ranked games played already kinda says "Gigantic Loser"

Wow, very nice. My K/D there is like 1.05 or something.
It says 1.10. Yeah, 1.21 on Guardian too. Easier competition helps, obviously.

BTW, Bungie.net is like a root-canal on a G3 300.
I imagine just starting Safari is a root canal on a G3.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 03:36 PM

While that's true, my team has been sucking it since my buddy made major. Coincidence or not, it means I'm going to be trying solo again.
I'm actually a little scared that I won't be seeing many low ranks anymore...

mythbusted!
Thanks for the info, I'll have to re-educate some of my buddies.

Wow, worried about one bar? Way to make feel more pathetic.
If it's any consolation everybody gets one bar for Captain, it's impossible not to.

I imagine just starting Safari is a root canal on a G3.
Surprisingly she runs pretty well. Flash ads bog it right down to near unusable levels though...

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 03:37 PM

If you have that free 48-hr Gold Membership I'll make damn sure you get to 30.

(Which is so weird to talk about, since after 5,000+ games in Halo 2 the highest rank we ever got to was a 29....but that ranking system was way different.)

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 03:39 PM

I do, just have to figure out when's the best time to do it.

I think after that I'm focusing on LW to get my killing skill up, and to hell with my k/d. I've proved to myself I could get it over 1.0

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 04:00 PM

You might even be able to rank up faster in LW than TS. At this point you probably want to go with the ranked game that has the highest skill though.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 04:01 PM

I was feeling a little punchy last night driving on a game of assault with 5 other friends in BTB. The bomb reset to a spot I think isn't quite fair. We couldn't shake the blue team, and they couldn't advance, so I got creative.

( Last edited by Dakar the Fourth; Feb 7, 2008 at 04:09 PM. )

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 04:02 PM

You might even be able to rank up faster in LW than TS. At this point you probably want to go with the ranked game that has the highest skill though.
Yeah, I'm a 13 in LW. And like I said, I'm not so much of a brute killer as a tactician.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 04:53 PM

No work tomorrow, going to be on late tonight.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 05:28 PM

I dunno, I'll think about it. I'm not sure this is a one night deal unless we play for an ungodly amount of time.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 05:31 PM

BTB then sexy?

I agree, to get you from 21 to 30 will require at least 25+ games. Average of 6 minutes a game = 2.5 hours....more like 4 probably.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 05:33 PM

Exactly. No way we do it one quick shot.

And my rank progression/performance may be worse then anticipated.

I may join you for some BTB. I'm going to try my hand at TS yet. If I can get myself to 23 or 24 before you help I'll feel better about myself.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 05:43 PM

Not to toot my own horn but If I can't lead a game comprised of 20s I don't deserve my bird. I already accounted for losing almost half the games we play so I think you're good man.

Plus, if I'm off putting a hurt on everyone it takes the heat off of you. You might end up with almost as many kills as me in many games.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 05:44 PM

It's not you leading the games I'm worrying about, it's carrying my skinny ass.

BTW, we've disgustingly added 30 posts to this thread today.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 05:50 PM

I know, I feel so....dirty.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 05:50 PM

You'll carry your own business fine. You getting a positive K/D in any given game is all I'll need, and you're good at that.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 07:05 PM

decog asked me when we're going to all play again. I told him "when you get good", but he wasn't cool with that answer.

Wanna try to set another date?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 07:17 PM

No way I'm going to accept any responsibility...what time is good for...you?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 07:37 PM

For me: Tonight 9:30-on is a lock. Tomorrow until 4PM or so. Saturday late-afternoon-?. Sunday all day is a maybe.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 07:57 PM

Andallray, just because you asked for advice, here's your stats.

Things I'm impressed with:

1. The BR is in the top 4 of your weapons, keep it up

2. In 1/2 of your ranked games you killed someone via sticking them with a grenade. Assuming the ratio is 50/50 for ranked and social.

3. Your third most preferred method of mayhem is the Ghost, sweet! In fact you average over 1 kill per game with it.

4. Needler is a great easy kill, so are well placed 'nades. Both in your top weapons.

5. Assuming you've played half the time in ranked you got a double-kill in almost every game!.

I have no real criticism except that you will experience more of everything (awards, sprees, wins, screenshots ) if you get the K/D up. You have a .93, which is close enough for getting above the mark where you kill more than you're killed. You have only 300 matchmade games (including Social, which I view differently...your ranked stats are better anyways.) I have almost 1300 games logged at this point.

Keep it up, you look good for a n00b!
( Last edited by sek929; Feb 7, 2008 at 08:04 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules