Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dakar's Halo 3 Thread

Dakar's Halo 3 Thread (Page 9)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2008, 02:04 PM

Heh, I like the difference between the first and last pic.

You taking me down, and then us fighting side by side.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2008, 02:05 PM

Yeah, as cool as Sandtrap Gauss was, both our games were plagued by their massive one-sidedness.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2008, 04:51 PM

I actually prefer the larger size. More detail is good, especially on those pics with the a lot goin on.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2008, 04:54 PM

Well, its mostly for load time I eliminate them. I still have most of the origs on my Bungie account.

Which reminds me, I suspect this will be the last bragging about my driving skills I'll be doing for a while, but check out the video in slot one for an interesting ride.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2008, 10:10 PM

Wow, where to start.

I dove in to Ranked BTB with both feet today. The lag is an annoyance and I hope they fix this problem real soon.

My eyes burn, my wrists hurt, and I desperately need water so I'll skip the in -depth analysis and get right to the pics.

Skewered

I went +16 with only three deaths in this game. This double laser gave me a Double Kill, Triple Kill, Two laser awards, and a Killing Spree.

So Close

First game of CTF was torture, the game ended a split second after this shot was taken.

After a few more games that nothing interesting happened in I was able to get some BTB time in with Dakar. Results ranged from ok to piss poor (we got owned in Slayer more than a few times). Not wanting to tread to deep into how badly we did get beaten I will again only show you some choice pics from our matches.

Riding Shotgun

Yours truly with the flag, Dakar at the wheel, and some jerk on the gun. This game of CTF was our best showing so I decided to take all the pics from it (sans the hilarious last one)

Fearless

After my best bud Dakar helped me score I decided to drive his ass around...or off a cliff. We ended up landing this and I popped a mean warthog wheelie.

Fearless x2

The CTF game was pretty much wrapped up so I decided to go find Dakar, seems he was looking for me too. If you're wondering it's Dakar in the Hog with me racing towards his bumper at full speed.

Warthog beats Mongoose

Coolest betrayal ever. I like how in this pic is almost looks like Dakars spartan is bracing at the impact of annihilating me.

Payback is a bitch

Two games after Dakar made me mince-meat we were getting SLAUGHTERED at BTB Slayer so I exacted my revenge on him. Here he is chasing me after his fate was sealed.
( Last edited by sek929; Feb 3, 2008 at 05:15 PM. )

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2008, 10:42 PM

Nice games today fellas! Good times.

Here's a clip I made from one of the Rocket Races we did. Its Dakar and I getting denied by Fatty and Charlie on the floating checkpoint. Its a sweet shot from an almost impossible angle. And it was a pretty good battle there before that hit.

So close

Check out "Mongoose Battle" in my File Share.

Also took one of Dakar launching sideways over the floating checkpoint for the win on the first Rocket Race match. Its called "Look Out Below!"

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2008, 01:23 AM

That shot was one in a million...I also took a screenshot of it.

Me and Chuckit held it together as the lean mean green machine. The first two games of Rocket Race were mounds of fun. Props to Charlie Blue on his driving skills.

In fact, he was so good he was driving upside down! Thats me and Chuck defying gravity while Dakar and maroma whiz by. Stogie and Kurrigan are also in the mix.

Another group photo as everyone scrambles for the checkpoint.

Nipping at Team Purple's heels

Then we switched gears and did some Territories. After a grueling 14 minutes the game ended as a three way tie. The carnage was more than worth it.

Gratuitous picture of me with my favorite accessory. My loyal teammate, Chuckit, sits poised for territory #2.

In all the games today there was major clashing between Dakar and I. Here he is shooting me right in the face with a Bruteshot.

Then it was on to Team Slayer. Dakar kept me sweating until the final few kills as our feud grew more violent.

Here he is relieving me of my weapons via sniper rifle.

Me repaying the favor moments later.

Never discouraged, Dakar sticks a grenade in a most unfortunate spot for yours truly.

Stogie, in a fit of rage, blasts Fatty against the ceiling causing the Spartan to go into turtle mode.

Dakar kept right on my ass in every game today. If I could hand out ranks (and someday, god willing, I will) you'd be a 30 in my book, hell maybe more. Chuckit proved to be one hell of a driver and excellent at team communication (always telling me where my precious rifle was). Time and again he was right there helping me continue my reign of terror (even if I did steal a few kills from you, sorry). Kurrigan stuck me three times in that last slayer match as well, if it wasn't for poor timing by Stogie*, Team Blue could have mounted a comeback.

*He always seemed to find me in close quarters when I had the shotgun. At least he got to slash me good.

Looking forward to our next meeting. Hopefully BTB will be a little less laggy by then
( Last edited by sek929; Feb 3, 2008 at 02:02 AM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2008, 02:10 AM

Team NN logged two Social matches once there were only 5 of us.

We rocked house the first game

Then Dakar was the unlucky odd man out on the last game I participated in.

Phew, that was a lot of pics

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2008, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Wow, I think you and I may have taken our screenshots at the exact same moment of impact. Or at least within a tiny margin.

I have decided that Rocket Race is my new favorite game style for now. Thats some fun right there.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2008, 11:07 AM

Good Morning, Gentlemen. Excellent time this weekend, even if our turn out was a little on the weak side.
(Though we did get a starman appearance! Thanks for stopping by starman)

We really managed to do a little bit of everything, so here's some initial impressions:

Free-for-All
Rocketball
Not too bad. I wouldn't mind looking into what other weapon variants could work. Or other levels where Rockets could work (High Ground?)

Mad Dash
Off-hand, I'd say Mad Dash was a gigantic pain-in-the-ass dud (Juggernaut sucks anyway, but I figure that game-type might work with less players. Maybe a different map, I don't know).

Survivor
A good game with a low amount of people. I thought it went well.

License to Kill
I can't say it leveled the playing field as much as I'd hoped. Next time, no radar and a different level.

Team Games
Nades & Spades
We went solo instead with this, and it was silly fun. As a Team game I can't imagine how challenging it'd be.

Multi-Flag
3 on 3 was not the way to go. And Isolation may have been a bad, though symmetrical, choice.

Multi-Team Games
Flag-Rally
Sort of middle of the road. There aren't too many maps where this will work with lots of people and multiple teams. And Blue Team pulling off the upset 3 point round to tie it at 5 apiece was hilarious.

Rocket Race
This got glowing reviews, though mostly for its freshness. At its best with 4 teams. Need a better Sandtrap version, though. I'll work on it.
( Last edited by Dakar the Fourth; Feb 4, 2008 at 11:31 AM. )

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2008, 11:19 AM

Riding Shotgun

Yours truly with the flag, Dakar at the wheel, and some jerk on the gun. This game of CTF was our best showing so I decided to take all the pics from it (sans the hilarious last one)
This is exactly where you belong. I wish they had a way to track how many times you drive in the flag carrier.

Fearless

After my best bud Dakar helped me score I decided to drive his ass around...or off a cliff. We ended up landing this and I popped a mean warthog wheelie.
Dude, you were such a drunk driver. As you started heading down that ledge I'm thinking:

A. Uh, dude, there's no ledge for us to continue driving on
2. FAAAAAAAAAACK!! Oh, we landed on the wheels somehow.
™. If you're trying to impress me like when I did you, well, you're just coming off as a drunk driver.

Originally Posted by sek929;3593401[b
Fearless x2[/b]

The CTF game was pretty much wrapped up so I decided to go find Dakar, seems he was looking for me too. If you're wondering it's Dakar in the Hog with me racing towards his bumper at full speed.
Best game of chicken ever. Don't think this is the last you'll see of this. I'm currently building a shrine to the awesomeness of this betrayal. I was laughing so hard afterwards. Running down a mongoose is one of the most satisfying kills you can get, I'm not surprised the betrayal is just as satisfying.

It should be noted as I saw you coming I had my fingers crossed you wouldn't swerve.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2008, 04:24 PM

Since I've been posting my rank troubles, I thought I'd share some fun I had last night. Won 6 games in a row (went back up to 22 mid-way through), last game of 3 on 3 our buddy drops right at the start, we manage to hang on long enough to pull a 27-27 tie (which give you exp so it counts as a win) and then I derank after the game. Up yours, bungie.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2008, 06:21 PM

Wow, Bungie hates you.

BTB is still laggy as hell

Despite the lag I was able to pull off this headshot only a split second after I picked up the sniper.

The next game was outrageously stacked against my team and it was lagging horribly. I ended up taking the negative exp. and just quitting .

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 11:31 AM

Me and Chuckit held it together as the lean mean green machine. The first two games of Rocket Race were mounds of fun. Props to Charlie Blue on his driving skills.
Initially, I had thought stogie had wrecked us from the otherside of the jump. Also, I think you have stop calling them million-to-one shots when this is your second one (Narrows). The question is, did you actually aim for where we were going to be, or was it luck?

::maroma:: was a good driver too. We'd have taken both games if he'd been more familiar with the course. BTW, after two games we both had 18 pts each.

In all the games today there was major clashing between Dakar and I. Here he is shooting me right in the face with a Bruteshot.
How kind of you, not showing me dying to the shotgun moments later.

Never discouraged, Dakar sticks a grenade in a most unfortunate spot for yours truly.
You know, I distinctly remembered that play. I threw the grenade, and I was all, "crap I missed" and began to AR when I noticed the glow on your RL, at which time I began backing away as fast as I could. It's an awesome place to stick someone.

Dakar kept right on my ass in every game today. If I could hand out ranks (and someday, god willing, I will) you'd be a 30 in my book, hell maybe more.
I wish, I wish. I really played out of my head that game (I'll be releasing a video of my Frenzy that almost won us the game). I figure even with a fresh account I wouldn't go past 25, 26.

I'd put ::maroma:: and starman right there with me on skill level. I'll be damned as to where to put stogie or chuckit. They're pretty prone to hot and cold streaks, and one will suddenly show up on certain game types.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 11:41 AM

I decided I'll only be doing a write-up for the Three Team Pit match, as it was the only real Team event we had that was competitive and interesting (Not counting Rocket Race, but its not a write-up kind of game type).

I also will not be handing out any awards, though I'll be giving some props to a few accomplishments on Saturday.

I did take some pics from other events, which I'll be posting through-out the week with commentary. Here are a few.

I should have taken a third intermediary photo, but I spliced together a 2-frame gif of sek's dream shot:

As much as it doesn't lend itself to write-ups, Rocket Race usually give some great "action" photos. To me this sums up the game type pretty thoroughly.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2008, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
The question is, did you actually aim for where we were going to be, or was it luck?
I aimed for where I thought you would be. Luckily the grav lift slows your forward progress down a little. I think this shot was better than my Narrows shot since I didn't have splash damage to play around with. If I was a bit off you would've scored.

How kind of you, not showing me dying to the shotgun moments later.
Lots of folks died by my shotgun in that game

You know, I distinctly remembered that play. I threw the grenade, and I was all, "crap I missed" and began to AR when I noticed the glow on your RL, at which time I began backing away as fast as I could. It's an awesome place to stick someone.
I'll have to remember that wearing a RL on your back makes you a larger target.

I'd put ::maroma:: and starman right there with me on skill level. I'll be damned as to where to put stogie or chuckit. They're pretty prone to hot and cold streaks, and one will suddenly show up on certain game types.
During the first Social Slayer match Chuckit got only one kill, the second match he got 7. Stogie got like 11 kills on the second game I think.
( Last edited by sek929; Feb 5, 2008 at 03:59 PM. )

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 12:13 PM

I remember you commenting in the game about that stick. I didn't know he had his RL on his back though, that's a sweet toss!

Now, if you can get it to go down the muzzle of the RL next time...

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 01:29 PM

I aimed for where I thought you would be. Luckily the grav lift slows your forward progress down a little. I think this shot was better than my Narrows shot since I didn't have splash damage to play around with. If I was a bit off you would've scored.
Freakin' 40s...

Lots of folks died by my shotgun in that game
I almost broke my controller on a few where I clearly fired first.

Which reminds me, on the Flag Rally game, I died to your shotgun, ran into chuckit, and rushed in only to discover he had a shotgun too. He should have emptied it out onto my corpse just to reinforce what just happened.

I'll have to remember that wearing a RL on your back makes you a larger target.
It's true. I remember seeing a similar picture back when I started playing.

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
I remember you commenting in the game about that stick. I didn't know he had his RL on his back though, that's a sweet toss!
Poor ::maroma::, he had to listen to my inane chatter. And I was particularly loose, too (I usually mute myself during TS games unless I'm with friends). I imagine the brunt of my overheard dialog was somewhere along the lines of, "FACK" "Bullshit" "HA!" and the occasional " Aaaaaaa!"

Speaking of chatter, I do believe most of the 4 player games between chuckit, stogie, ::maroma:: and I were silence peppered with giggles.

Edit: I've been enjoying some of the bungie weekly updates lately. Case in point:
Originally Posted by Bungie
Luke and I have been playing it a lot recently as Luke struggles with his hopeless inability to jump, while I wrestle with my colossal failure to point the reticule at opponents. Yesterday I beat him fairly soundly on that map using a technique I think of as a carrot-stick approach. I will lure him towards me and he won’t realize that the path to me is littered with fusion cores. He gets too close and I take a safe shot at the core, sending him hurtling to whatever hell is reserved for Michigan Wolverines fans (which may simply be a normal game, but with flames on the periphery).

So during a later one on one deathmatch (it is a relatively small map) I dropped a Bubble Shield and backed out of it while simultaneously throwing a plasma nade (the old, “Splosion Igloo” trick) but I failed hard. The nade came out of my grasp, slid on the surface of the shield and stuck to my face. Luke of course tried to make a clip so that he could laugh and touch himself – but as he was watching back the film, I saw his new fear-driven technique. He was systematically destroying every fusion core on the map to stop me from using them against him. He also leaves near-empty weapons lying around for me to pick up. His favorite trick is to leave one round in a Carbine. In many ways, he is worse than Hitler.*

* Obviously he is not worse than Hitler.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2008, 01:46 PM

Which reminds me, on the Flag Rally game, I died to your shotgun, ran into chuckit, and rushed in only to discover he had a shotgun too. He should have emptied it out onto my corpse just to reinforce what just happened
Did you catch me teabagging your corpse after I ousted you from a territory? I would've taken a screen by my screenshot slots are filled up.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 01:53 PM

Some highlights from the License to Kill game:

The Duel

sek and I spot each other at the same moment. In that split-second, we also realize we really want the other one dead.

The Bag

To the victor go the spoils. It should be noted that this act would continue until...

The Discovery

If any of you have ever played Silent Hill 2, there's a cut scene early in the game when James enters one of the rooms, and unwittingly discovers the Pyramidhead having what appears is some type of sexual experience with the creatures that are legs on top of more legs.

I imagine chuckit reacted to what he stumbled upon much the way James did. Closed his eyes and pulled the trigger, until he thought the abomination had gone away.

By the way, totally worth it.

-----

Up close

After a dosey-do with ::maroma:: over this spot, stogie and make a break for each other.
( Last edited by Dakar the Fourth; Feb 5, 2008 at 02:04 PM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2008, 02:24 PM

The Bag

To the victor go the spoils.
You may have won the right to bag me, but I won the right to brag.

That said LTK is my new favorite gametype. I think Team LTK with 4 teams of 2 would be awesome.

dustrho
Forum Regular
Feb 5, 2008, 03:16 PM

I'm home today with my almost 3-yr-old as he's sick, and was able to get in a little bit of lone wolves and rumble pit. Only played about five games earlier today, and some of them I totally kicked major butt in. Here's a screenshot of one of my games in The Pit, where I turned the corner and wiped both of these guys out with the trusty shotgun.

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 03:23 PM

You may have won the right to bag me, but I won the right to brag.
You're twenty levels better than me! You're supposed to win. This is like a 16 year-old bragging about beating up a 9 year-old.

[img]snippedy-do[/img]
Your conveniently cropped picture brings me to do
Notable Stats of the Game™ LTK Edition

Notable stat 1: I was both the least killed by sek, and the person that killed sek the most.

Notable stat 2: sek owns most killed by for every opponent.

Notable stat 3: sek had 15 headshots (How many were intentional). Everyone else combined had 12.

Notable stat 4: ::maroma:: had 1 guardian kill. I'm not sure how this is possible.

Notable stat 5: Reviewing the tape at one point, I saw something draw blood on ::maroma:: when it hit him. He did not die. I'm not sure how this is possible.

Notable stat 6: Dakar was the only person other sek to get a killing spree.

Notable stat 7: There were 5 killing sprees in the game. stogieman ended all of them, except for the one sek finished the game with.

Of note: I neglected to realize the High Ground map had a turret on it, which could have been easily abused. I did, however disable weapon pick-ups, mistakenly stopping us from duel-wielding pistols, but maybe preventing us from using said turret.

That said LTK is my new favorite gametype. I think Team LTK with 4 teams of 2 would be awesome.
You'll get no complaints here. Makes friendly fire all that more interesting. I'd like to find a weapon with a medium-range zoom and fairly slow rate of fire to accompany the magnum for some large map battles (Though a Carbine might be cool). Imagine running around on mongooses on Valhalla doing drive-bys.

Hell, it could be a Rocket Race variant, albeit a very annoying one.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2008, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by dustrho View Post
I'm home today with my almost 3-yr-old as he's sick, and was able to get in a little bit of lone wolves and rumble pit. Only played about five games earlier today, and some of them I totally kicked major butt in. Here's a screenshot of one of my games in The Pit, where I turned the corner and wiped both of these guys out with the trusty shotgun.

Nice work, their corpses haven't fallen yet and you're well on your way.

I'm telling you, that hallway is the best place to have a shotgun/sniper rifle combo(or BR). Possibly my favorite area on the map. Plus, it has two BRs and two sets of plasma 'nades at either end.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2008, 03:49 PM

You're twenty levels better than me! You're supposed to win. This is like a 16 year-old bragging about beating up a 9 year-old.
Sorry, this is how a 43 that can't get to a 45 feels better about himself.
besides winning

Your conveniently cropped picture brings me to do
Notable Stats of the Game™ LTK Edition

Notable stat 1: I was both the least killed by sek, and the person that killed sek the most.

Notable stat 5: Reviewing the tape at one point, I saw something draw blood on ::maroma:: when it hit him. He did not die. I'm not sure how this is possible.

Notable stat 6: Dakar was the only person other sek to get a killing spree.
1. Of course, as usual. You were TWO kills back in that multi-team slayer game and I was kickin' ass. I looked over a lot of your stats today (boredum?) and you also kicked total ass in that game.

5. I see this ALL the time when sniping, especially now in Ranked BTB. I hit a guy once, then again, and see the blood spatter (sometimes accompanied by the spartan death noise) yet he doesn't die. I've even done it twice after a player's shield was off. Lag?

6. See 1

You'll get no complaints here. Makes friendly fire all that more interesting. I'd like to find a weapon with a medium-range zoom and fairly slow rate of fire to accompany the magnum for some large map battles (Though a Carbine might be cool). Imagine running around on mongooses on Valhalla doing drive-bys.
Sounds like an awesome idea, the BR would be FAR to silly for a thing like that. Maybe frag 'nades only on Guardian would yield some hilarity.

Side note: I wish there was an option to set the spartan for beatdowns only. Kinda like the sword once it runs out of ammo.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 04:57 PM

Played some ranked BTB last night for the first time. I did experience a little lag here and there, but for the most part it went pretty smooth. Had a lot of fun. I was even able to get the "Too Close to the Sun" achievement by taking down a Banshee with a Rocket Pod.

Speaking of achievements, I only have a few multi-player achievements left to get, one of them being "Destroy an enemy vehicle with equipment". What does "equipment" cover? Is that just items like the Trip Mine and Power Drain? That one has me stumped.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 05:08 PM

The plasma grenade in the background is a nice touch.

5. I see this ALL the time when sniping, especially now in Ranked BTB. I hit a guy once, then again, and see the blood spatter (sometimes accompanied by the spartan death noise) yet he doesn't die. I've even done it twice after a player's shield was off. Lag?
Yeah, stogie was firing from mid-field, I guess on my 360 it looked like he got a hit.

Sounds like an awesome idea, the BR would be FAR to silly for a thing like that. Maybe frag 'nades only on Guardian would yield some hilarity.
Can't do only frags, and the nades n spades game type is pretty close. I had a grenades only one called Grenadier, but that required sticks to score too.

Side note: I wish there was an option to set the spartan for beatdowns only. Kinda like the sword once it runs out of ammo.
Spartan Laser or no weapons? Because I'm pretty sure the latter can be arranged.

Played some ranked BTB last night for the first time. I did experience a little lag here and there, but for the most part it went pretty smooth. Had a lot of fun. I was even able to get the "Too Close to the Sun" achievement by taking down a Banshee with a Rocket Pod.

Speaking of achievements, I only have a few multi-player achievements left to get, one of them being "Destroy an enemy vehicle with equipment". What does "equipment" cover? Is that just items like the Trip Mine and Power Drain? That one has me stumped.
YOu can do a few of those on Campaign, the one you're citing in particular. And yes, the trip mine is what you're looking for in that equation.

and I still hate you for having the Mongoose Mowdown achievement. I'm curious how you got it.

I may go into LW one of these days to try for a few of those achievements.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 05:21 PM

I just found this post on bungie and it had me rolling at work

We need a new medal, like "killing spree", 5, 10, and 15 seperate people teabagged in a row without dying.
--Bagging Spree - 5
--Bagging Frenzy - 10
--Testicular Manslaughter - 15
--Necrophiliac - 20
-- Zombie genocide- kill 100 zombies without dying.
(Feel free to add any more medals)

T-fection
Bag-incible
Double Bag
Triple Bag
Bagtrocity
Killamanbagem
Baganaire
Bagastrophe
30 teabags = man whore
Winners.
Killamanbagem and Bagastrophe freakin' slayed me.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2008, 05:52 PM

Killamanbagem, lol.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2008, 05:53 PM

Spartan Laser or no weapons? Because I'm pretty sure the latter can be arranged.
No weapons. Just LTK beatdowns.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 05:55 PM

So you want Slappers Only! I believe that can be done.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 05:58 PM

YOu can do a few of those on Campaign, the one you're citing in particular. And yes, the trip mine is what you're looking for in that equation.
I was afraid of that. Thats gonna be a fun one to try to get.

As far as the multi-player achievements, I still need that one I cited, Ultra Kill, Killing Frenzy, 2 kills with one Laser shot, and a triple kill with the sword. I believe all of those except the Trip Mine one is in a Free for All ranked match only. This is the tough part.

The only campaign achievements I need are all of the points ones (getting 15,000+ pts for each level) and getting all of the Consoles.

After those I get my katana!

and I still hate you for having the Mongoose Mowdown achievement. I'm curious how you got it.

I may go into LW one of these days to try for a few of those achievements.
I believe the only way to kill someone with a Mongoose is if their shields are down. I was lucky enough to come across 2 people fighting it out and mowed down the dude with low shields. I think I did this on Isolation.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2008, 10:51 PM

So close
Damn, I thought for sure I was the one that made that shot. As you can clearly see from that picture, my aim was too low. Nice shot Sek.

Originally Posted by Dakar
Speaking of chatter, I do believe most of the 4 player games between chuckit, stogie, ::maroma:: and I were silence peppered with giggles.
You should have heard Chuckit & I during those first two matches of rocket race. We were laughing are asses off. It was the first time either of us had played Rocket Race.
We need a new medal, like "killing spree", 5, 10, and 15 seperate people teabagged in a row without dying.
--Bagging Spree - 5
--Bagging Frenzy - 10
--Testicular Manslaughter - 15
--Necrophiliac - 20
-- Zombie genocide- kill 100 zombies without dying.
(Feel free to add any more medals)

T-fection
Bag-incible
Double Bag
Triple Bag
Bagtrocity
Killamanbagem
Baganaire
Bagastrophe
30 teabags = man whore
Winners.
Testicular Manslaughter... LOL!

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 11:12 AM

The only campaign achievements I need are all of the points ones (getting 15,000+ pts for each level) and getting all of the Consoles.
Yeah, maybe it's cause I suck, but those meta-game achievements don't look that easy. And I think you have to do them solo.

I believe the only way to kill someone with a Mongoose is if their shields are down. I was lucky enough to come across 2 people fighting it out and mowed down the dude with low shields. I think I did this on Isolation.
Yeah that's what I've heard. I hope being a 13 in LW isn't to high to try and do that. Maybe I'll derank if I have to.

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
You should have heard Chuckit & I during those first two matches of rocket race. We were laughing are asses off. It was the first time either of us had played Rocket Race.
::maroma:: and I caught some of it while we were driving by. Proximity chat is awesome.

(Quick aside: This is also fun in MM, where when racing by side with someone I'll greet them and comment on what nice weather we're having)
(Quick Aside 2: Best thing I ever pverheard was wrecking some team and as I pass them I hear some guy screaming "I'M TRYING BUT THEY KEEP BLOWING US UP!")

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Testicular Manslaughter... LOL!
A well turned phrase indeed.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 11:18 AM

So I did some TS last night. My friend who rode the wave to 30 is now down to 25, unsurprisingly (but still bitterly). Seemed like it was oddly laggy. Not as bad a RBT, but still.

Team BRs on Last Resort may be my favorite game type right now. So many elevated places to provide cover fire from. Only place I find frag grenades useful. And being higher increases my headshot potential.

Otherwise, lately I've been enjoying going out on the protrusion where the stickies and sniper are on in Construct. Then you BR people as they try invade the lift room your friends are in. Further, I got two double-kills last night when I stuck one of the dudes as they invaded and it took out their friend too.

Oh, I learned last night that when a friend explodes next to you because the needles in their body reached critical mass, you take a good amount of damage.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 02:35 PM

Yeah, maybe it's cause I suck, but those meta-game achievements don't look that easy. And I think you have to do them solo.
You can do them with a buddy, in fact, it helps to be the Arbiter because your spartan teammate can always die (negative points won't matter for him) and let you have his weapons. Or do the opposite, but I wouldn't be able to get that many points without a full BR at all times.

I did a few in split-screen, not sure if you can do it over the tubes with someone.

Make sure team scoring is OFF!

dustrho
Forum Regular
Feb 6, 2008, 02:40 PM

I've been desperately trying to get the Mongoose Mowdown for the last month, and have not been successful in getting it. Any tips on how to get it? I've read all the ones on other gaming sites and have even checked out some videos on Youtube, but still I can't do it. I've done it a couple time in social slayer but not in any of the ranked matches.

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 03:17 PM

You can do them with a buddy, in fact, it helps to be the Arbiter because your spartan teammate can always die (negative points won't matter for him) and let you have his weapons. Or do the opposite, but I wouldn't be able to get that many points without a full BR at all times.

I did a few in split-screen, not sure if you can do it over the tubes with someone.
How many skulls did you have turned on? I know I'm always getting a 1.0x time bonus. Thank god about second players, though. There are too many spots where being the only person demanding attention sucks. Or there's plain too many enemies in too many angles.

I've been desperately trying to get the Mongoose Mowdown for the last month, and have not been successful in getting it. Any tips on how to get it? I've read all the ones on other gaming sites and have even checked out some videos on Youtube, but still I can't do it. I've done it a couple time in social slayer but not in any of the ranked matches.
I've heard Crazy King on High Ground is good. Isolation maybe, too.

Nice sig, BTW.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 03:57 PM

How many skulls did you have turned on? I know I'm always getting a 1.0x time bonus.
I forget exactly which skulls, but it started at 3.0x. Mythic and Thunderstorm, I think.

By the end of the level I was back at 1.0x.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 04:40 PM

Updated Ranked Stats (which weren't much different although I thought BTB might up my K/D)

For some reason K/D doesn't show up in Safari, it went up from my last update at 1.08 to 1.09, yay!

Things that please me about my newest stats:

1. I finally overtook total kills for the AR with the far more deadly BR.
2. I now have over 200 sticks.
3. Almost have over 300 headshots with the sniper rifle. Which is about half of ALL my sniper rifle kills, not bad.
4. I think that frag 'nades will overtake the shotgun soon.

Also, just cuz I can, let's have a look at Dakar's ranked stats.

K/D = 1.01

Things that please me about Dakar's stats:

1. Very similar amount of Killing Sprees
2. Splatter-Spree (something I'll probably never get)
3. 10 less Double-Kills than yours truly
4. 5 more Triple-Kills than yours truly (even with the 5 or 6 Triples I've gotten since Ranked BTB)
5. 6th place method of killing is by the Guardians, how the hell?
6. You have more total kills than me.
( Last edited by sek929; Feb 6, 2008 at 05:05 PM. )

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 05:01 PM

Running a little late, but photos for the day.
These are conglomeration of two matches between chuckit, stogieman, ::maroma:: and I, mostly Nades n Spades.

Double-teamed

chuckit gets two dead arms. Well, it looks hat way, but they quickly turn into Spike Grenades, one of which goes on chuckits forehead. In the background, ::maroma::'s foot can be seen, so it was a busy moment.

Good throw

This impressed me. As, I think, I was chasing someone out onto the ledge ::maroma:: chose that moment to come up the lift. Here you see him tossing a plasma as he's still coming up. It would attach itself to my ankle and ruin my day.

Floaters

For some reason, whenever stogie and I would meet, we would always both jump then try to sticky each other. Not very successfully, I might add. In the background Magneto watches the war unfold. Or its chuckit. whatever.

Bad movie ending

The carnage was so great with all the stickies and such we managed to wipe-out the entire population of Guardian at one point.

Hammered

During the last game I took the 'vator only to discover that for some reason, chuckit had done the same -- while on the second floor. When I discovered him by me I took a swing in mid-vatoring. ****er lived.

Crouching Elite, Hidden Spartan

One of those rare moments where two people decide to take a swing at each other by meeting in mid-air via the Blue to Elevator Room archways. In this case, it was chuckit and I. chuckit was dual-wielding spikers, and I a brute-shot. I launched an initial burst as I jumped, and as we collided in mid-air I delivered the killing melee via it's curved blade. I landed on the walkway that is thankfully below. Fun moment.

-----

From the NnS game, I uploaded 3 clips, amazing throw, maroma throa, and ledge of death.

In the first I tagged maroma in a an unexpected manner/angle. In the second, maroma gets a sweet throw to stick (me?) while mancannoning to the Lift room ledge. In the final one, it shows the carnage as stogie spawns on the Lift Room ledge, and then everyone proceeds to join him there and have it out. At the very least, I recommend the second two.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 05:10 PM

Dakar, when you read this, I will be going on around 6 or 7 with the unyielding intent of Ranking up at BTB. Actually, this applies to anyone reading this thread.

Party will, as usual, be invite-only to keep the riff-raff out. I am going to call up a few of my IRL friends that all just happen to be +40s.

Don't be shy! Plus, I have a mic now...another semi-broken one for free.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 05:12 PM

You saw how much I suck playing among the upper levels. Think your friends really want to put up with that?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 05:21 PM

They won't care, besides, if you're the worst player on our team we will certainly win.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 05:23 PM

Plus, who cares about ranking down from a 4, 5, or 6?

I'm just in it to have as much fun as possible and ranking a playlist makes people try a little harder.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 05:26 PM

Oh, I don't care about ranking down in BT. It's not like I'm anywhere even near significant.

I saw some dude on the bungie forums showing off his RBT rank. 26 looks like about as high as people have gotten, at the moment.
(I really should be playing TS, though. I'm going to go gold before I get to 30, and I really don't feel like hearing all the **** talking that accompanies that)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 05:28 PM

If I had a free 48 hr gold membership I'd create a new gamertag just to help you rank up in TS.

Back in the H2 days I had twin accounts for a year. The second name was Fatty O Besity. Of course we ranked up quickly and ended up getting stuck at 28 on both accounts.

God it was fun to start ranked at 1 again!

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 05:32 PM

I may have on left over from PGR4.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 05:39 PM

Sweet, I'll cancel it immediately, but I actually have tonight and tomorrow night free.

I'm not saying I'm going to solve your woes in hours, just the opposite, in fact we'll probably encounter other parties with mixed high ranks/low ranks. Which can mean I'm playing against kids nastier than me doing the shame shennanegan as me. TS is my speciality, but I don't think you'll enjoy playing against all +43s.....sh!t, neither will I.

Dakar the Fourth  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2008, 05:42 PM

Nah, next week maybe. I'll still join you for BT tonight. I may just rank in TS till then, since my regular party of 4 has been sucking it lately.

Forum Links
Forum Rules