Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 20GB iPod, 3g, cradle, 'buds & remote, adapter, case, paperwork, $300 OBO

FS: 20GB iPod, 3g, cradle, 'buds & remote, adapter, case, paperwork, $300 OBO
Michael T. Doyle
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2004, 09:11 PM

OK, to clear things up for those confused by my previous posting...

I'm selling my 20GB iPod, third-generation (bought new in December 2003), including cradle, earbuds, earbud remote, AC adapter, and standard carry case. Warranty runs until December 2004.

My original unit had a hard-drive head failure and was replaced under warranty with a brand-new unit two weeks ago at the local Apple Store on Michigan Avenue. I have NEVER used the new unit -- it's in pristine condition, still in the plastic wrap. So if you're interested, what you'll be buying is a brand new iPod with used accessories, as well as the original receipt and the paperwork supporting the unit's warrantied replacement.

I'm asking $300 or best offer.

I'm in Chicago and looking for a (relatively) local person to give my 'Pod a new home. I do not want to ship the unit.

If you're interested, feel free to shoot me an email or reply on the forum.

Thanks all!

I hope that clears up the confusion
Mike Doyle
Chicago, IL

kpne1home
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 09:36 PM

If you got it two weeks ago then i think that the warranty will get extended and you will now have another full year warranty. You can call apple and ask them for sure. I'm almost positive I heard that if you get a new one you get a year warranty on that one.

Michael T. Doyle  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2004, 10:26 PM

I just checked the papers. It says after a warrantly repair I get either a 90-day warranty or the completion of the original warranty, whichever is longer. So I guess the warranty is still until December 2004 as originally.
Mike Doyle
Chicago, IL

Michael T. Doyle  (op)
Forum Regular
May 2, 2004, 03:26 PM

Thanks, the iPod has been sold.
Mike Doyle
Chicago, IL

Forum Links
Forum Rules