Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 450mhz G4 Cube

FS: 450mhz G4 Cube
kingturd
Forum Regular
May 18, 2003, 01:47 PM

UPDATE: THE CUBE IS NOW SOLD. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO EXPRESSED INTEREST.

The day has finally come where my girlfriend has decided to move on from her G4 Cube to an iBook. Kind of unfortunate since I love the Cube to death, but it's hers and she really wants an iBook and needs the money. The cube is in mint condition, no scratches, no obvious molding lines (yes, they exist, but they're barely noticable). Everything is pretty much stock on it. The RAM has been upgraded to 256M (over the 64M that was stock).

The only flaw of the cube is that one of the USB ports is broken. The little shim inside of it broke off somehow and now plugs won't sit in it properly. If you're a whiz with electronics, you could probably replace it yourself. I have never attempted to fix it since the common Apple route to go would be to replace the most expensive part, the logic board. There is a product available called a "USB Audio Hub" that can be used to provide enough power to the cube speakers and is available for ~$35 at a lot of online stores. If you wish I can include the hub she is currently using, but it will not power the speakers.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...4_450_cube.html

All the original parts will be included, including the cube, keyboard, mouse, speakers, power brick, and misc dongles. System software is OS X, but not 10.2. If you so wish I will install 10.2 fresh before shipping (it is currently using the version of 10.2 I got with my Powerbook), and then you can just buy 10.3 or whatever is being announced at the WWDC.

I am asking $700 + shipping
Preferrably through cashier's check or post office MO. No Paypal.

I know that everymac site lists the estimated value at $1000 but I know they're being optimistic, and the USB problem drops the value a little. Drop me an email ( [email protected] ) or AIM message ( KingTurdisabitch ) if you have any questions about this cube or cubes in general. I'd like to sell this ASAP because she is getting antsy about getting an iBook. I don't really keep track of heatware or stuff like that but I sold my G4 PowerMac through online forums back in January and if you want some references, I might be able to get ahold of him.
( Last edited by kingturd; Jun 3, 2003 at 04:38 PM. )

kingturd  (op)
Forum Regular
May 21, 2003, 08:12 PM

Bump for this.

If you are interested but not sure about the broken USB port, email me and I can help compensate for it.

kingturd  (op)
Forum Regular
May 24, 2003, 08:10 PM

Last bump before I take it to ebay.

And for those that have inquired, trades are now out of the question as we got an 800mhz 12" iBook with a combo drive from the Apple Store for $949. Not too shabby.

macgeek83
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2003, 06:49 PM

would you consider payment plan?

kingturd  (op)
Forum Regular
May 28, 2003, 12:32 AM

Originally posted by macgeek83:
would you consider payment plan?
Most likely not.. but I guess it depends on the duration of the payment plan....

macgeek83
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2003, 04:02 AM

Originally posted by kingturd:
Most likely not.. but I guess it depends on the duration of the payment plan....
it would be like 100-200 per week depending on how well tips are. I would but down a fairly good size down payment to get some money in your hands then go from there

Paco500
Professional Poster
May 28, 2003, 01:28 PM

Where are you located- I'm pretty interested if you are local to me or someone I know.

Please feel free to reply using PM if you do not want to reveal the secret location of "Turdville."

kingturd  (op)
Forum Regular
May 29, 2003, 06:44 PM

macgeek: Since the Cube is already 700 and I don't have any definite offers yet, you could probably save up the money within a few weeks and then just buy it. Unless Paco here is close to me and wants it right away

Paco: I'm in Indiana, near Purdue. If shipping is a problem for you, PM, email, or AIM me and we can discuss it.

And in case anyone is curious, I have a few people interested right now, but now definite sales yet. I'm going to sell it to the first person who definitely wants to buy it and has the money for it, so right now it's anyone's game.

Forum Links
Forum Rules