Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > What the iPod photo Should Have Been?

What the iPod photo Should Have Been?
jimcpherson
Dec 3, 2004, 05:38 PM

What the iPod photo should have been - The Olympus m:robe 500. Sick features, big screen, touch-screen. Of course I just ordered my iPod photo, and having seen this I probably would still have gone with the iPod anyway, go figure.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...=&product=1146
( Last edited by jimcpherson; Dec 3, 2004 at 05:53 PM. )

brapper
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2004, 11:20 PM

yeah that's pretty darn sweet looking...
wonder what the quality/ease of use is like..?

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 02:07 AM

slick .. but

if u thought fingerprints on chrome was bad ...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

bgotori
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 8, 2004, 08:13 AM

Hey All

But there Both missing a CF mount!!! What good is a Photo device if you have to load everything off a Computer... Should really call it Video device, but the iPod doesn't even do that...Oh Well...

Happy Holiday's!!!

Brad
Pismo 400 OS X 10.3.9, SuperDrive, 1gb Mem, 80gb HD.
New GREEN 6gb Mini!!! 1gb Shuffle, and 30gb iPod.

USNA91
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 8, 2004, 10:11 AM

I got the iPod photo because of the screen. I couldn't have stood staring at a B&W LCD for any length of time.

Color me stupid, but there it is....

Krypton
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by USNA91:
I got the iPod photo because of the screen. I couldn't have stood staring at a B&W LCD for any length of time.

Color me stupid, but there it is....
Monochrome displays put less strain on the eyes, so I find it odd that you make this comment.

bgotori
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 8, 2004, 09:35 PM

Hey All

Well I'm going with the MSI's X2, instead of the iPod Photo. You get more for the Money with Video play back.

Have Great Holiday's!!!

Brad

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2004, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by bgotori:
Hey All

Well I'm going with the MSI's X2, instead of the iPod Photo. You get more for the Money with Video play back.

Have Great Holiday's!!!

Brad
Cool. The only problem i have with it is that it trys to be everything for everyone. It has a large screen, camera 1.3 megapixel. it also allows you to do movies. To me I don't care about all that stuff i just want to listen to music and don't need all that crap. If I want to do photos that's why i bought a digital camera with 5.1 Mega pixels, if I want something with such low mega pixels I could just use the one on my phone. Movies? I don't need photo transitions and all that other stuff. Call me old fashioned but I think if you are going to get a music player get the best one. If you want one that is a jack of all trades it doesn't really seem like it gives you the best of everything. If I want to get my photos onto my iPod I'll just use the adapter you can get for it.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

bgotori
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 9, 2004, 07:41 PM

Hey typoon

I don't care about the Camera, didn't even noticed it...hahaha For a Camera if your not doing at least 12.0 its a waste of time for me... I still can't believe all the fuss with digital, even my 12.0 Camera isn't as good as my 6X4.5 digitized on my Drum roller... File sizes are 135mb or so. You still can compare a 4X5 digitized with ANY Digital Camera... Even bought one of those 12Grand 4X5 Digitized backs, but it still wasn't as good, but Tech back then isn't what it is today. But for the Wedding Photo, and Basic Camera work its fast and Not too Bad... Camera work is an ART, and I'm A LOSEY ARTISE...hehehe But people seem to like my work for some reason ODD Reason...hahaha

I Just Wish some one would put a CF slot on one of these things... I've got a SmartDrive(I think thats what its called, getting Old)with a CF slot, and that helps, But its size an weight is a problem Packing it in when I go out, but its the only way to store my Pics for Now...

I think the iPod is Great for what it is, except for its price...

Have Great Holidays!!!

Brad

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Dec 9, 2004, 08:34 PM

what i'd like to see (and feel we will see in the new year):

an ipod photo with wireless, and...an airport express with video out;
plug the aE into your tv and sit back on the couch, controlling it all....
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Forum Links
Forum Rules