Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > WEP Authorization problems - 9.2.2.

WEP Authorization problems - 9.2.2.
sniffer
Professional Poster
Jan 17, 2004, 04:00 PM

I just recently installed 9.2.2 on my iBook with airport card installed. I have a d-link router with wireless access point. Everything works perfectly in Panther, but in 9.2.2 I always get an error message that a problem occurred when I tries to authorize with the 128 bit hex password. If I turn off WEP authorization, everything works as normal, but not if it's turned on. What can be the problem here? I've tried both the wizard and changing it manually, and I've checked the TCP/IP settings, but no good. It finds the network, but I can't authorize access.

Sniffer gone old-school sig

sniffer  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 20, 2004, 01:07 PM

*Bump* Anyone?

sniffer  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2004, 07:02 AM

Never mind. Found it my self. Going from Airport SW 1.3.1 to 2.0.4 fixed the issue. 1.3.1 seemed to be the newest acording to SW update, go figure.

Forum Links
Forum Rules