Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mounted volume file size incorrect

Mounted volume file size incorrect
RoBrak
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2001, 04:59 PM

I am Appletalking via ethernet a Wallstreet and a 9600 both running 9.0.4. The file sizes on the mounted volumes are incorrect i.e 64K file is 32MB (some even worst) on both machines. Done the usual things, zap PRAM, rebuild DT, reset Appletalk and File sharing, etc. Any ideas?

RB

Gregg
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2001, 10:50 AM

Run a disk utility. DFA if that's all you have, but TechTool Pro would be better. Why zap PRAM? It's not the mother of all solutions.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

RoBrak  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2001, 12:23 PM

Did run DFA on both machines with no problems found. Why only on mounted volumes?? Is this a File Sharing problem with 9.0.4? Did not have this problem with 8.6.

RB

Paul Crawford
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2001, 01:13 PM

Hi RB,

Please see my post in your twin Mounted volume file sizes incorrect thread over in MacFixIt's 'Troubleshooting Mac OS 9' Forum.

Regards, and good luck,

--Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Crawford (edited 02-16-2001).]

RoBrak  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2001, 01:23 PM

Paul,

You may have hit on it! I do have OS X PB on partitions on the Wallstreet
and on the 9600. I had a feeling that X might be a problem, but I did not want to delete the partitions to find out, seeing as I had SO much difficulty in loading X onto the 9600. Thanks again.

RB

Forum Links
Forum Rules