Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Tiger observation/gripe

Tiger observation/gripe
Maflynn
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2004, 08:58 AM

While the news was good regarding the features, I wonder at the timing. At least for the consumer.

The projected release date is first half of 2005. Being a pessamist I can say its litteraly 366 days away.

So now we will be inundated in the various mac forums with people asking for help on installing the beta, help becuause it hosed up their system (duh its a beta), a few I'm sure asking how to get it, and news about the latest build.

Yeah I know I can ignore those posts and I will. Since is a year away, I'd rather not get too excited but it seems a lot of people hear do.

I'm not trying to be a downer but really this baby won't see the light of day (gold copy) until 2005 and we are still in the first half of 2004.

Mike

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2004, 09:06 AM

Quite true...

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2004, 09:33 AM

Yup. I've got the feeling nearly all my posts will be reminders that theres up to 12months till we get tiger, and that in that time a HUGE amount of change can and will happen. And that we have only seen a few of the new features.

revs
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2004, 11:00 AM

Its a development pre-release. All these doom and gloom statements are premature.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Maflynn  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2004, 11:39 AM

I'm not stating doom and gloom at all - at least to the OS. what I am saying is I/we have to put up with the endless posts regarding the beta.

since its only 2004 and we won't "offically" have the opportunity to get our hands on this until the middle of 2005 we have to put up with people "trying" the various beta seeds, asking for help, touting that they loaded it on with no problem, or they it whacked there system and need help restoring it becaue they loaded the beta on a machine that has a project due in 24 hours.

I got sick of hearing all of the panther stuff before it was released and that was for 6 months (9 maybe) now we have a full year of hearing about every little feature the makes its way in (or out) of the latest build.

Mike

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2004, 12:06 PM

Don't worry, any Support-related threads for pre-release software will get locked around here.

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2004, 12:15 PM

don't like it don't read them, its not like someones forcing your glazies open and maknig you read them.

Moose
Senior User
Jun 29, 2004, 12:40 PM

I personally can't wait for the warez kiddies who lack a DVD burner or reader to start complaining.

ShotgunEd
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2004, 08:55 PM

Maybe a Tiger forum is required? Not for support or anything, but just for discussion of features added to each build and the like.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2004, 12:37 AM

and if the pirates asking for help or where to pirate from isn't bad enough...we will no doubt get posts with the really tired old jokes about "snappy" and "debug code" and which is GM and which version of build #whatever it is yada yada yada...they may have been slightly amusing when 10.0 was coming but it's just annoying now.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 30, 2004, 12:56 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Blur:
we will no doubt get posts with the really tired old jokes about "snappy" and "debug code" and which is GM and which version of build #whatever it is yada yada yada...they may have been slightly amusing when 10.0 was coming but it's just annoying now.
They weren't jokes when Cheetah was coming. The "snappy" and "debug code" talk was actually serious to begin with. It only became a joke after it was released and everybody realized those people were talking out their asses.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules