Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mac OS 10.4.x & Intel (Non-Mac)

Mac OS 10.4.x & Intel (Non-Mac)
Wolfmann[PC]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2007, 07:48 AM

I can get Mac OS X to run on my intel/amd systems, however how can you configure video to support hardware acceleration...etc. The wireless card on my laptop doesn't seem to be recognized either, or at least won't connect.

Basically, how can you configure the hardware or install drivers?

WJMoore
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 17, 2007, 08:03 AM

There are no other drivers. If it doesn't work then it probably won't. Best bet is to get a real Mac. :-)

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Apr 17, 2007, 08:27 AM

its also illegal to run OS X on a PC
Signature depreciated.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Apr 17, 2007, 08:28 AM

Regardless, what you're doing is illegal, so this isn't the right place to discuss it...

Wolfmann[PC]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2007, 09:26 AM

Let's be a bit realistic here. I'm coming to you here as a PC user, trying to validate the Mac OS...and maybe one day buying Mac hardware (which may be in the very near future...but I'm beginning to question if I should bother) and you're hitting me over the head with semantics - is this the attitude and support I can expect if I become a Mac user? Is Apple going to throw everyone in this Forum in jail just because they helped me run a legitimately purchased Apple software on a PC so I can make a proper evaluation before I make a major purchase?

Thank you to those that did try to help me.

Wolfmann[PC]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2007, 09:27 AM

Thanks...I was beginning to think that. But given it is based upon a BSD kernel, thought maybe there were ways to configure it using conf or kernel patches...etc.

Wolfmann[PC]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by WJMoore View Post
There are no other drivers. If it doesn't work then it probably won't. Best bet is to get a real Mac. :-)
Thanks...I was beginning to think that. But given it is based upon a BSD kernel, thought maybe there were ways to configure it using conf or kernel patches...etc.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 17, 2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
Regardless, what you're doing is illegal, so this isn't the right place to discuss it...
what he said
we don't have time to stop for gas

Forum Links
Forum Rules