Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > John Kerry Quotes:

John Kerry Quotes:
ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Mar 27, 2004, 01:23 PM

Abortion

Jun 7, 2003:_ "The Republicans want to criminalize the right of women to choose, take us back to the days of back alleys, gag doctors and deny families the right to plan and be aware of their choices - we Democrats want to protect the constitutional right of privacy and make clear that at the center of this struggle is our commitment to have a Supreme Court that will protect the equal rights, the civil rights, and the right to choose in this nation." Keynote Speech to Massachusetts Democratic Issues Convention Jun 7, 2003

Jun 20, 2003:_ "I am prepared to filibuster, if necessary, any Supreme Court nominee who would turn back the clock on a woman's right to choose..." FoxNews

Nov 7, 2003: _Do you support the ban on partial-birth abortions recently signed into law? "I don't support the President's law because it doesn't allow the exception for situations where the health of the woman is at risk. I believe this is a dangerous effort to undermine a woman's right to choose, which is a constitutional amendment I will always fight to protect. "_ Concord Monitor / WashingtonPost.com on-line Q&A_ _(top)

Civil Rights

Nov 5, 2003: _"I have always fought for the right of people to be able to be treated equally in America. Long before there was a television show or a march in Washington. In 1985, I was the sole sponsor of the Civil Rights Act to make sure we enforced that in America. I am for partnership rights. I am for civil union. I am for the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. I am for the hate crimes legislation"_ Democratic Debate

Jan 25, 2004: _"Our country is defined by the rights we protect, and those of us who fought for freedom and put our lives on the line defended the right of people to do things that we disagree with. I would not be pleased to see someone burning the flag because I love the flag, but the Constitution that I fought for preserves the right of free expression." Associated Press policy Q&A___ _(top)

Crime

Jan 25, 2004:__ "I oppose the death penalty other than in cases of real international and domestic terrorism."_ Associated Press policy Q&A, "Death Penalty" Jan 25, 2004 __ _(top)

Cuba

Mar 14, 2004: _"I'm pretty tough on Castro, because I think he's running one of the last vestiges of a Stalinist secret police government in the world."_ "And I voted for the Helms-Burton legislation to be tough on companies that deal with him." _Umm OOPSIE_ He voted AGAINST this legislation._ You think maybe Cuba is one of JFK's Supporters????_ Caught in yet another little fib while pandering for votes...._ newsmax

Economy

Dec 3, 2002:_ "And to encourage investments in the jobs of the future - I think we should eliminate the tax on capital gains for investments in critical technology companies - zero capital gains on $100 million issuance of stock if it's held for five years and has created real jobs -- and we should attempt to end the double taxation of dividends." City Club of Cleveland Speech

Oct 27, 2003:_ "I'm going to do what Clinton did. I'm going to cut the deficit in half in the first four years. Clinton's plan was to balance the budget in 10 years, not the five Governor Dean says. The reason we decided not to do it in five was because it required extraordinary cuts in the things we just talked about doing investing in the city of Detroit, investing in our schools, investing in health care, making our economy move." Democratic Presidential 2004 Primary Debate in Detroit

Jan 11, 2004:_ Do you agree that the economy is recovering?_ "It's a recovery for the people in the corporate boardroom. It's a recovery for corporations, to some degree, by compacting, by increasing productivity. But if you go across America, it's not a recovery This recovery is a recovery for those people who have stock. It's a recovery for those people who are able to walk away with the highest salaries. But workers have only seen a three-cents-an-hour increase in their wages." Iowa Brown and Black Presidential Forum___ _(top)

Energy

Jan 22, 2002._ The following contradictions occur in the same speech on the senate floor:

"America take note: if we enact the entire Bush energy plan we will find ourselves twenty years from now more dependent on foreign oil -- than we are today."_ blah blah blah and then: _"...we must enter this debate understanding that for 30-50 years in the future, like it or not, we will continue to have major dependency on fossil fuels."

"During the 1970s, America created the Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- or CAFE -- program to increase auto efficiency. This was the right decision." blah blah blah and then "our vehicle fuel efficiency is worse now than it has been in twenty years."_ _ _(top)

More can be found here: http://kerryquotes.com/index.html

finboy
Mar 29, 2004, 04:48 PM

You're preaching to the choir on this. The Lefties want to forget about Kerry's inconsistencies and hypocrisy, and they will.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2004, 05:22 PM

eran human est
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2004, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by finboy:
You're preaching to the choir on this. The Lefties want to forget about Kerry's inconsistencies and hypocrisy, and they will.
On the contrary, they will attribute it to his only being human and that in their oppinion is forgiveable, so they will endeavor to support him just the same. He can do no wrong.

Tell that though, to the Vets who will never forget him and how he failed them.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2004, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by ghost_flash:
On the contrary, they will attribute it to his only being human and that in their oppinion is forgiveable, so they will endeavor to support him just the same. He can do no wrong.

Tell that though, to the Vets who will never forget him and how he failed them.
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2004, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by voodoo:
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
Ad hominem.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2004, 05:40 PM

Ad hominem.
O tempora! O mores!

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2004, 05:48 PM

O tempora! O mores!
nyenyekea.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 29, 2004, 07:26 PM

Kerry has no morals. He just sways with what he thinks will get him votes.

He is like a Clinton Jr.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2004, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Kerry has no morals. He just sways with what he thinks will get him votes.

He is like a Clinton Jr.
Potius sero quam numquam, eh?

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2004, 08:26 PM

Abortion

Jun 7, 2003:_ "The Republicans want to criminalize the right of women to choose, take us back to the days of back alleys, gag doctors and deny families the right to plan and be aware of their choices - we Democrats want to protect the constitutional right of privacy and make clear that at the center of this struggle is our commitment to have a Supreme Court that will protect the equal rights, the civil rights, and the right to choose in this nation." Keynote Speech to Massachusetts Democratic Issues Convention Jun 7, 2003

Jun 20, 2003:_ "I am prepared to filibuster, if necessary, any Supreme Court nominee who would turn back the clock on a woman's right to choose..." FoxNews

Nov 7, 2003: _Do you support the ban on partial-birth abortions recently signed into law? "I don't support the President's law because it doesn't allow the exception for situations where the health of the woman is at risk. I believe this is a dangerous effort to undermine a woman's right to choose, which is a constitutional amendment I will always fight to protect. "_ Concord Monitor / WashingtonPost.com on-line Q&A_ _(top)

Civil Rights

Nov 5, 2003: _"I have always fought for the right of people to be able to be treated equally in America. Long before there was a television show or a march in Washington. In 1985, I was the sole sponsor of the Civil Rights Act to make sure we enforced that in America. I am for partnership rights. I am for civil union. I am for the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. I am for the hate crimes legislation"_ Democratic Debate

Jan 25, 2004: _"Our country is defined by the rights we protect, and those of us who fought for freedom and put our lives on the line defended the right of people to do things that we disagree with. I would not be pleased to see someone burning the flag because I love the flag, but the Constitution that I fought for preserves the right of free expression." Associated Press policy Q&A___ _(top)

Crime

Jan 25, 2004:__ "I oppose the death penalty other than in cases of real international and domestic terrorism."_ Associated Press policy Q&A, "Death Penalty" Jan 25, 2004 __ _(top)

Cuba

Mar 14, 2004: _"I'm pretty tough on Castro, because I think he's running one of the last vestiges of a Stalinist secret police government in the world."_ "And I voted for the Helms-Burton legislation to be tough on companies that deal with him." _Umm OOPSIE_ He voted AGAINST this legislation._ You think maybe Cuba is one of JFK's Supporters????_ Caught in yet another little fib while pandering for votes...._ newsmax

Economy

Dec 3, 2002:_ "And to encourage investments in the jobs of the future - I think we should eliminate the tax on capital gains for investments in critical technology companies - zero capital gains on $100 million issuance of stock if it's held for five years and has created real jobs -- and we should attempt to end the double taxation of dividends." City Club of Cleveland Speech

Oct 27, 2003:_ "I'm going to do what Clinton did. I'm going to cut the deficit in half in the first four years. Clinton's plan was to balance the budget in 10 years, not the five Governor Dean says. The reason we decided not to do it in five was because it required extraordinary cuts in the things we just talked about doing investing in the city of Detroit, investing in our schools, investing in health care, making our economy move." Democratic Presidential 2004 Primary Debate in Detroit

Jan 11, 2004:_ Do you agree that the economy is recovering?_ "It's a recovery for the people in the corporate boardroom. It's a recovery for corporations, to some degree, by compacting, by increasing productivity. But if you go across America, it's not a recovery This recovery is a recovery for those people who have stock. It's a recovery for those people who are able to walk away with the highest salaries. But workers have only seen a three-cents-an-hour increase in their wages." Iowa Brown and Black Presidential Forum___ _(top)

Energy

Jan 22, 2002._ The following contradictions occur in the same speech on the senate floor:

"America take note: if we enact the entire Bush energy plan we will find ourselves twenty years from now more dependent on foreign oil -- than we are today."_ blah blah blah and then: _"...we must enter this debate understanding that for 30-50 years in the future, like it or not, we will continue to have major dependency on fossil fuels."

"During the 1970s, America created the Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- or CAFE -- program to increase auto efficiency. This was the right decision." blah blah blah and then "our vehicle fuel efficiency is worse now than it has been in twenty years."_ _ _(top)

More can be found here: http://kerryquotes.com/index.html
This is what the thread is about.
Can any of you liberals respond to any of it?

Kerry is going to lose, and it is going to be fun to watch.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 29, 2004, 09:14 PM

Kerry is going to lose, and it is going to be fun to watch.

Naw they are all taking the "voodoo" approach at total silliness to divert.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2004, 03:47 AM

I like this one best:

"I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 caliber machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions."
Ummm... yeah.

Vote Bush!

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 30, 2004, 04:41 AM

Naw they are all taking the "voodoo" approach at total silliness to divert.
Don't be so modest! Everything I learned I learned from you

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2004, 11:13 PM

It's also like him saying he voted for the 87 billion before voting against it.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

nam_pog
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2004, 03:14 AM

bumpinated

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 1, 2004, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by nam_pog:
bumpinated
Is your nick like supposed to be gop_man.

Don't be ashamed of yourself. Come clean. Embrace the Republican party.

PS: this thread is dead.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 1, 2004, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by nam_pog:
bumpinated
Yes we know Kerry doesn't have any solid stances on anything. He's like a leaf that blows in the wind.

Dems don't like being reminded this. So they ignore it. You bumpinate it till the cows come home and they will STILL ignore it.

nam_pog
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2004, 12:13 PM

Is your nick like supposed to be gop_man.

Don't be ashamed of yourself. Come clean. Embrace the Republican party.

PS: this thread is dead.
No shame here, I just couldn't get an e-mail address with gop_man, and then I though of the nam_pog name. It just kind of stuck, and I like that it has a double meaning with Nam as in Vietnam in the name. This has great meaning to me.

The thread being dead is your oppinion, but mine differs, as it is alive until after the election, and possibly beyond depending on who wins.

I also wanted to use "bumpinated" and this was probably the most apropo thread to use it for, in my humble oppnion.

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 1, 2004, 01:59 PM

Change all the "Kerrys" to "Bush" and this thread would be HOPPIN.

nam_pog
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2004, 03:23 PM

Change all the "Kerrys" to "Bush" and this thread would be HOPPIN.
Looks like it is hopping right now, but I get the drift. They would very much like this thread to be dead, but unfortunately it will not, and neither will the points it is making quite well about how Kerry is unfit to be elected to the Presidency.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2004, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
I like this one best:

"I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 caliber machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions.
Ummm... yeah.

Vote Bush!
Yeah, but he didn't lie about it, and he certainly didn't make million dollar contracts with corporation as a result of it.

F*ck Bush!
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Links
Forum Rules