Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Al Frankin the liar.

Al Frankin the liar. (Page 2)
quadgrande
Dedicated MacNNer
May 12, 2004, 10:50 AM

Fraken is a SATIRIST. A comedian. His "demographic" realizes that. You obviously think the audience is too stupid to realize that. By your reaction, you think that those who would not be Franken's audience are too stupid to realize it as well.
Wait. You DO realize he's a comedian, right? SNL and all that?
I disagree with Al Franken's status of "only a comedian/satirist" as if that lessens his impact and or motives.

When Al Franken makes it his goal to remove George Bush from office, and goes on television and radio to do so, he is not acting in his usual role as a satirist or a comedian. He's someone using his popularity and status to affect political change. Regarding his books, he himself states:

"I feel like we're fighting back....when I left the show [SNL], ..... Gingrich was becoming ascendant, and Limbaugh was his mouthpiece, that's why I wrote that book (RLIABFI). Since then....I got mad again, and I think this guy, this President has been dishonest from the moment he started running, and he is dangerously putting our country in the wrong direction.... " - from Terry Gross interview.

That's not motivated by comedy. It would be deceptive and underhanded to write such a book and then say "but it's a joke, can't you take a joke??????" (he didn't say that BTW).

tie
Professional Poster
May 12, 2004, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
It's different when a Democrat lies.

He is only doing it for the GOOD of mankind.
It's different when a Republican lies. Bush only did it for the GOOD of the Iraqi people.

MacOSR
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2004, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by tie:
It's different when a Republican lies. Bush only did it for the GOOD of the Iraqi people.
If you believe that Bush lied then you also believe that all the Democrats that supported the war were also lying. They saw the same evidence that Bush saw...how did they vote...what were they saying 13 months ago?

Tokencon
Banned
May 15, 2004, 08:38 AM

They are as fat as the rest of him and too fulla ****....

Libs...lie!?

Noooooo! Say it ain't so!!

Whodda thunk it!?

Here's the difference: when a conservative is factually wrong, that's a LIE in the media...when a Libbie actually gets caught LYING (see: Franken, see Moore, see Pelosi, see Kerry, see MacCauliff, see Dashle...see the Clinton of your choice and open the Hollywood phonebook)the media spend the next few days feverishly trying to spin it so it LOOKS like either the truth (the lie shrieked loudly and longly enuff....) or simply the Libbie in question having been supplied with (huh...they never seem to go out and get their own information) slightly flawed information which does not make them a liar, per se, but rather simply another victim of the VRWC...(all lies by Libs are ultimatly conservatives' fault somehow). Or perhaps it's just that the rightwing-multinat-controlled media are making these things up about Libs...or is it the Jews who control the media...I forget...

Tokenconservative

Saad
Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2004, 10:50 PM

At leas when Franken 'lies', he's funny. When Bill O'Reilly lies, it's sad.
http://overspun.com/oreilly/

Sod Off Sadr
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: I sent hundreds of followers to their deaths. Then I cut and ran. Now I'm livin' large somewhere in Najaf.
May 16, 2004, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by Saad:
At leas when Franken 'lies', he's funny. When Bill O'Reilly lies, it's sad.
http://overspun.com/oreilly/
I don't see any lies, only crap the webmaster posts of Bill's then goes on to deride and post his opinion on, with no factual counter at all. I know you're muslim and arab, so you came from a backwards and oppressed society. However, you should strive to base your opinions in logic and reason, not the knee-jerk persecutions and baseless accusations that the ayatollahs and dictators use to imprison innocents in your native land.
You heard me! Sod off, Sadr!

Saad
Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2004, 11:20 PM

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2004, 01:29 AM

Originally posted by Tokencon:
...when a Libbie actually gets caught LYING (see: Franken, see Moore, see Pelosi, see Kerry, see MacCauliff, see Dashle...see the Clinton of your choice and open the Hollywood phonebook)...
My new fave is the 'pulling a 'Moore' tactic, patented and perfected by the blubbery one himself. Basically a leftist can tell a blatant bald-faced lie, and when caught, just fall back on what�s worked so well for Moore and his ilk: "Oh, it was just humor." This apparently is supposed to make some ulterior �point� take precedence over the bald-faced lie itself, and is supposed to be automagically recognized even with the complete absence of anything the slightest bit funny in the original lie.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2004, 01:30 AM

DP

dialo
Senior User
May 17, 2004, 02:01 PM

This thread still going? I already pointed out a bunch of the errors on frankenlies. Hell, they've already had to correct the PDB BS they regurgitated from Miniter, a real liar. No wonder they scrambled to find new info to divert attention from such a royal screw up on their part.

I just love it when people gather around already discredited sources. Keep it up. You save us the trouble.

Forum Links
Forum Rules