Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Will the Passion be on Television?

Will the Passion be on Television? (Page 2)
Zimphire
Baninated
May 1, 2004, 06:14 PM

Originally posted by itai195:
Is this thread 100% silly yet?
No, not yet.

xenu
Senior User
May 1, 2004, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Yes, and the movie is about... Jesus.

So sorry if someone mentions the very person the movie is about in the thread.

I mean it only makes sense.
"People don't like talking about Jesus.

Well people that don't like Jesus that is."

Nothing you wrote made sense.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 1, 2004, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by xenu:

Sure it does. It means people that don't like Jesus, don't like talking about him.

Kilbey
Baninated
May 1, 2004, 06:54 PM

I think it is easy to understand.

Maybe you just don't understand English very well.

xenu
Senior User
May 2, 2004, 02:27 AM

Sure it does. It means people that don't like Jesus, don't like talking about him.
All people?

Does this mean if you talk about satan, you like satan, or is it just a small subgroup that likes him?
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
May 2, 2004, 03:13 AM

Originally posted by ghost_flash:
Great, you can't blame Television.... even in the face of *hundreds* of studies that prove your oppinion is wrong. (Head in sand syndrome).
Well, there goes the essence of an opinion.... This is why 'Hood was getting on your case. You ask to discuss, but you give everyone sh�t for disagreeing with you�and there is no discussion. Quit trying to *be*�or think you *are*�right about everything and actually have a discussion. (What is that, Internet asshole syndrome? Pompous douche-itis? You pick.)

Show me your empirical evidence to the contrary.

I was never trying to argue the contrary or provide any evidence. Now that you mention it, though, and how incorrect my opinion is, I still maintain that it's a pathetic excuse to blame only the television. The factors of a child's behaviour and functioning in life is not limited to what it sees and learns from the television. That's a blatant load of crap if I ever heard one. I would agree that it may be a possible contributing factor, but I wouldn't point my finger just at the TV.

As the thread went, I originally agreed that it would hypocritical of the stations�as it I think it was with Schindler's List�to show the Passion on network television. Only because all of these guidelines are in place that producers and writers have to follow with their shows, but then something like on of these movies is shown unedited with a warning sticker slapped on it. That's all I was agreeing with.

Personally, I don't mind that it's showed at all. I was just saying the networks should pick a standard and stick with it. One of these "we really need viewers guys" movies can't hurt, I suppose. And I'm for the US taking a cue from European broadcasters. Network could use more tits.

What is wrong with using Google to search for evidence? the sources are there, and they are all well documented with further links to other studies numbering in the hundreds, that concurr.
Nothing's wrong with it.

I won't "fret", and am not "fretting". I know it will be picked up, but find it hypocritical that none of the main alphabet networks will offer it. Their loss.

I won't care if they show it, and I won't care if they don't. But I certainly don't mind that it gets shown. Life is money in this country.

You don't know what the thread is about? It only changed because of hate-filled others coming in and being "provocative". Like yourself with this "Tampon" statement.

Yeah, I was real out of line with my tampons. It was an attempt change an otherwise crappy thread. And it seems to have gotten progressively worse form there.

You are very rude, but of course you are on the same bias as Demonhood, so nothing will be done about it. Just like nothing is done about the others in here who wish to derail and have this thread locked.

Cry me a river. You're quite the rude arse yourself.

I made my points, and made them well with an abundance of scholarly evidence.
I shall e-mail you two cookies. With the most expensive chocolate chips money can buy. [/iWrite]

Is this thread over yet?

Zimphire
Baninated
May 2, 2004, 10:13 AM

All people?

Does this mean if you talk about satan, you like satan, or is it just a small subgroup that likes him?
No, I never said that. People that don't like Jesus, usually don't believe in Satan either.

Kilbey
Baninated
May 2, 2004, 12:06 PM

No, I never said that. People that don't like Jesus, usually don't believe in Satan either.
This is very true.

Don't forget to add, people who believe in Jesus, better believe there is a Satan.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 2, 2004, 12:14 PM

Anyhow.. will The Passion be televised?

More than likely. Will the Jesus haters be gnashing their teeth when it is?

More than likely.

Right a long with the big guy in the red jumpsuit.

MorningStar
Banned
May 2, 2004, 12:24 PM

Anyhow.. will The Passion be televised?

More than likely. Will the Jesus haters be gnashing their teeth when it is?

More than likely.

Right a long with the big guy in the red jumpsuit.
Actually I am in that movie. I make a cameo appearance. The beating scene was quite enjoyable.

They should just play that part over and over again. The other stuff doesn't matter.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Kilbey
Baninated
May 2, 2004, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by MorningStar:
Actually I am in that movie. I make a cameo appearance. The beating scene was quite enjoyable.

They should just play that part over and over again. The other stuff doesn't matter.

Yeah, that's the ticket.
It's funny how often people confuse your name with something good.

It's all about checks and balances.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2004, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Well, there goes the essence of an opinion.... This is why 'Hood was getting on your case. You ask to discuss, but you give everyone sh�t for disagreeing with you�and there is no discussion. Quit trying to *be*�or think you *are*�right about everything and actually have a discussion. (What is that, Internet asshole syndrome? Pompous douche-itis? You pick.)

Nice PERSONAL ATTACK. I wonder why you haven't been banned?

I was never trying to argue the contrary or provide any evidence. Now that you mention it, though, and how incorrect my opinion is, I still maintain that it's a pathetic excuse to blame only the television. The factors of a child's behaviour and functioning in life is not limited to what it sees and learns from the television. That's a blatant load of crap if I ever heard one. I would agree that it may be a possible contributing factor, but I wouldn't point my finger just at the TV.

Enough with the personal attacks. The parents that let them watch it are also to blame.

As the thread went, I originally agreed that it would hypocritical of the stations�as it I think it was with Schindler's List�to show the Passion on network television. Only because all of these guidelines are in place that producers and writers have to follow with their shows, but then something like on of these movies is shown unedited with a warning sticker slapped on it. That's all I was agreeing with.

Isn't that all that matters?

Personally, I don't mind that it's showed at all. I was just saying the networks should pick a standard and stick with it. One of these "we really need viewers guys" movies can't hurt, I suppose. And I'm for the US taking a cue from European broadcasters. Network could use more tits.

Nothing's wrong with it.

100% Sillyness on your part.

I won't care if they show it, and I won't care if they don't. But I certainly don't mind that it gets shown. Life is money in this country.

Is this statement important? You stated earlier you thought it was a double-standard by showing Schindler's list.... you *should* mind then if they don't show it.

Yeah, I was real out of line with my tampons. It was an attempt change an otherwise crappy thread. And it seems to have gotten progressively worse form there.

But, yet you spew out the word "tampon" for what? You come out and state you wished to change the thread to another subject in the FACE of anyone religious. You are sick by suggesting "tampons". Based on all your responses to any of my threads or posts, it is clear you are only responding to cause trouble. How sad and "pathetic".

Cry me a river. You're quite the rude arse yourself.

In the face of the likes of you, who get away with so much? It seems that you are the one who is arguing too much. How does that saying go? "Me thinks thou duth protest too much."

I shall e-mail you two cookies. With the most expensive chocolate chips money can buy. [/iWrite]

Is this thread over yet?

What is it with the cookies? and the "[i/write]" crap?
No, this thread isn't over yet. Maybe you can leave and let the adults discuss it more.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2004, 11:19 AM

Surely it's 100% silly by now?

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by itai195:
Surely it's 100% silly by now?
The whole thread? No. Parts of it? Sure. So no, not 100%.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2004, 11:25 AM

No!

I enjoy talking about Jesus. He is the only reason, that anything else makes sense. Everything else is temporary and can be destroyed at any time, like a thief in the night.

Jesus if the reason.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2004, 11:35 AM

The whole thread? No. Parts of it? Sure. So no, not 100%.
Only certain people in the thread are being silly. The thead is absolutely not silly in any way.

dav
Mac Elite
May 3, 2004, 12:08 PM

makes sense to me, it's just silly. you could replace "jesus" with anything.

"people don't like talking about ice cream.
well people that don't like ice cream that is."

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 12:10 PM

Thing is, I have never seen someone that likes ice cream being verbally attacked by someone that doesn't.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2004, 12:11 PM

Not silly.

People don't like talking about Kill Bill Volume I & 2...

Well, people who don't like Kill Bill Volume 1 or 2...

Makes perfect sense.

The real question that should be asked is:

Why are these Jesus hating clowns in this thread or any thread with their constant personal attacks, ad hominem, and provocative statements meant only to draw the serious converstationalists into distraction?

dav
Mac Elite
May 3, 2004, 12:13 PM

Thing is, I have never seen someone that likes ice cream being verbally attacked by someone that doesn't.

takes all types i suppose.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 12:13 PM

The real question that should be asked is:

Why are these Jesus hating clowns in this thread or any thread with their constant personal attacks, ad hominem, and provocative statements meant only to draw the serious converstationalists into distraction?
And why is nothing ever done about it?

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2004, 12:15 PM

I'd answer you but then I'd get banned in here as well.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 12:51 PM

Nice PERSONAL ATTACK. I wonder why you haven't been banned?

Yeah, sorry about that. Come on, you know you've wanted to call me an a**hole.Let me get away with it this one time.

(Side note: do the italics make this post twice as serious?)

Enough with the personal attacks. The parents that let them watch it are also to blame.

Where was the personal attack there? I agree, the parents are to blame, too. But I still wouldn't blame today's violence in children, young adults, or even adults, on just ... well, bad parents and TV. I think it's a bit more complicated than that. At least, I hope. so.

Isn't that all that matters?

Sure, it matters, but there was so much more we disagreed on! Why not bicker together about it!

100% Sillyness on your part.

I'm gonna have to say at least 85% sillyness, as I think the tits statement is valid on some level, but that's probably a whole different thread.

Is this statement important? You stated earlier you thought it was a double-standard by showing Schindler's list.... you *should* mind then if they don't show it.

I was agreeing that their actions in showing it exposes a double standard, from my point of view. I don't mind that it's shown, though. Really, it's just TV.

But, yet you spew out the word "tampon" for what? You come out and state you wished to change the thread to another subject in the FACE of anyone religious. You are sick by suggesting "tampons". Based on all your responses to any of my threads or posts, it is clear you are only responding to cause trouble. How sad and "pathetic".

Spew and tampon in the same sentence? Come on, that's worse than anything I ever said. I was making a joke in the *face* of a crappy thread. You didn't laugh, obviously. I find tampons comical. Dude, just unclench a little. And the fact that you were religious has nothing to do with my joke. Please.

I wasn't out to cause trouble here. I was trying to have one of them discussion things.

In the face of the likes of you, who get away with so much? It seems that you are the one who is arguing too much. How does that saying go? "Me thinks thou duth protest too much."

There you go, let them tears flow, dude. Let it out. Give me a break.

(I never use that smiley. See what you made me do?)

What is it with the cookies? and the "[i/write]" crap?
No, this thread isn't over yet. Maybe you can leave and let the adults discuss it more.
Who doesn't like cookies? And the iWrite thing is an inside joke, I guess. Yeah, you kids have a blast with talky time.
( Last edited by MindFad; May 3, 2004 at 01:03 PM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:

What personal attack? I was asking.

Are you a idiot or just a moron?

No personal attack, I was just asking.

Not I think you are either, I don't. I was just making a point

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 12:58 PM

I'd answer you but then I'd get banned in here as well.

Calling a moderator names, wont get you anywhere.

Show them respect, agree with them or not. And usually you will get respect back. They agree with you or not.

I have come to find this out.
( Last edited by Zimphire; May 3, 2004 at 01:05 PM. )

MindFad
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 12:58 PM

Are you a idiot or just a moron?

No personal attack, I was just asking.

Not I think you are either, I don't. I was just making a point
OMG REPORTED

I though I was replying to the second part of that post. OK, I can see how that can be, uh, taken as a personal attack. I'll agree there. Ahem. He's still a pompous arse, though.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 01:06 PM

I think they should air Requiem for a Dream on network television before Passion.

But thats just cause it has more relevence to today's life than Jesus the 3 thousand year old pain in the ass.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by sek929:
I think they should air Requiem for a Dream on network television before Passion.

But thats just cause it has more relevence to today's life than Jesus the 3 thousand year old pain in the ass.
I agree Requiem should be televised too. As far as your claim to relevance, highly subjective.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 01:13 PM

I agree Requiem should be televised too. As far as your claim to relevance, highly subjective.
Tell me how a man getting flogged and nailed to a wooden cross has ANYTHING to do with modern society

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 01:21 PM

Tell me how a man getting flogged and nailed to a wooden cross has ANYTHING to do with modern society
The reason that was done still pertains to our lives today.

He didn't get nailed to the cross just for the people that was alive in that day. But for anyone that was ever or will ever be born.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 01:36 PM

The reason that was done still pertains to our lives today.

He didn't get nailed to the cross just for the people that was alive in that day. But for anyone that was ever or will ever be born.
Sorry man, its a nice fairytale but I still don't believe it.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 01:42 PM

Sorry man, its a nice fairytale

You have faith it's a fairytale.

but I still don't believe it.
That is what free will is all about.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 01:45 PM

I also have faith that Goldilocks and the Three Bears never happened, but hey I guess it could have.

Wait talking bears don't make any sense...and neither does one man dying to save all of humanity.

Amazing what religion can convince you of.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 01:49 PM

I also have faith that Goldilocks and the Three Bears never happened, but hey I guess it could have.
No, that is a made up story. There are facts to back that up.

Wait talking bears don't make any sense...and neither does one man dying to save all of humanity.

No, in a natural sense it doesn't make sense. That is why they call it "supernatural"
By definition, the supernatural doesn't follow along the same rules.

su�per�nat�u�ral __ _P___Pronunciation Key__(spr-nchr-l)
adj.
1. Of or relating to existence outside the natural world.
2. Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.
3. Of or relating to a deity.
4. Of or relating to the immediate exercise of divine power; miraculous.
5. Of or relating to the miraculous.

Amazing what religion can convince you of.
Religion cannot do these physical things. The Holy Spirit however can.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 02:02 PM

Stop dictionary-ing me, I know the definitions of words, and you looking it up on Dictionary.com does not make you more intelligent.

If the Passion is shown on TV and this country still gets rilled up about Jannet Jackson's tit then I think we are fu*ked beyond repair.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 02:05 PM

Stop dictionary-ing me, I know the definitions of words, and you looking it up on Dictionary.com does not make you more intelligent.
I am not trying to say I am more intelligent. Me posting the definitions is a way to make my point clear. Not to make you feel "stupid"

If the Passion is shown on TV and this country still gets rilled up about Jannet Jackson's tit then I think we are fu*ked beyond repair.
Janet showing her tit wouldn't have been a big deal had there been warnings of nudity beforehand.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 02:07 PM

Ha see I don't think nudity is anything that needs to be warned about. We are all naked under these ridiculous clothes we wear so why should we be ashamed of them.

Oh yeah, I know, because its a sin and you go to hell and you die. So backwards...

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 02:09 PM

Ha see I don't think nudity is anything that needs to be warned about. We are all naked under these ridiculous clothes we wear so why should we be ashamed of them.

Well good. You don't think that. But see in this country, we have a right to see those things. We also have a right NOT to see those things. Just because YOU don't see them as bad, that doesn't mean others don't.

Oh yeah, I know, because its a sin and you go to hell and you die. So backwards...
No, nudity alone is not a sin.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2004, 02:10 PM

If you have to continually use *abusive* language in order to get your "oppinion" across, then your oppinion should at least have a point...

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2004, 02:18 PM

You don't think nudity is anything to be warned about? You mean, when it is shown by suprise in the middle of a half-time show, where the act itself appeared violent along with the nudity? Children were watching the show, and parents did not expect this to happen.

One mother of a child that whitnessed that act was interviewed, and she had said her child asked her the following: "Mommy, what did that bad man do to that woman?"

I guess you think it is ok for an "artist" to trick the producers and audiences in order to promote their obnoxious new album in order to make a few dollars...

It's wrong to deceive isn't it?
Do you think CBS would have aired the little vignet if they had known ahead of time?

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 02:18 PM

Just because you are a little fu*k who gets scared by words doesn't mean I am being abusive. I swear because thats the way I fu*king talk, if you don't like it you can go fu*k yourself. Capice?

Oh god, i saw naked chicks when I was like 5, it has no effect on kids, stop trying to make up stories about what affects kids and what doesn't. If nothing else they should exposed to nudity as often as possible from now on to kill this dogma that being naked is wrong.

And of course CBS wouldn't show it, but I am sure they have no problem with violent movies that show people being killed by the dozen.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 02:22 PM

Just because you are a little fu*k who gets scared by words doesn't mean I am being abusive.

No one is "scared" of those words. And you ARE being abusive.

Oh god, i saw naked chicks when I was like 5, it has no effect on kids, stop trying to make up stories about what affects kids and what doesn't. If nothing else they should exposed to nudity as often as possible from now on to kill this dogma that being naked is wrong.
You have facts to back those claims up?

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 02:32 PM

No one is "scared" of those words. And you ARE being abusive.

You have facts to back those claims up? [/B]
Yeah, myself, and though you may not like my online persona I assure you that you know less than 1% about me.

I am done with you God-nicks, I am sure you take this as a "win" but I just didn't want to piss off hood anymore.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 02:36 PM

Yeah, myself, and though you may not like my online persona I assure you that you know less than 1% about me.

I am not saying I know anything about you. I mean factual proof. Studies. You act as of what he was was moronic, without actually providing facts yourself.

I just didn't want to piss off hood anymore.
I wouldn't want to if I was you either.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2004, 02:39 PM

I am done with you God-nicks, I am sure you take this as a "win" but I just didn't want to piss off hood anymore.
You mean you volunteer to help elderly people at the retirement home?
You're an Eagle Scout?

I know it makes no difference to me what the 99% of you left over is, that 1% is really friggin mean.

I think you can count it as a win for you. Your only purpose for posting in these "religious" threads was to derail them and bait people into your rants. It didn't work so you are off to cause havoc on some other forum.

I have a feeling, you won't anger him that much...

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 02:39 PM

Ok this is my last post...really

I am not scared of being banned since in a week I will no longer have an internet connection anyway, I just don't like pissing hood off, he deals with alot of sh!t (didn't you get banned once?) and he doesn't need a usually nice member thats been here forever causing rukus.

I hope to see you in non-religious based threads in the furture

Zimphire
Baninated
May 3, 2004, 02:40 PM

I have a feeling, you won't anger him that much...
I haven't seen Demon get angry that often. Annoyed was probably a better choice of wordage.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2004, 02:45 PM

You don't think nudity is anything to be warned about? You mean, when it is shown by suprise in the middle of a half-time show, where the act itself appeared violent along with the nudity? Children were watching the show, and parents did not expect this to happen.

One mother of a child that whitnessed that act was interviewed, and she had said her child asked her the following: "Mommy, what did that bad man do to that woman?"

I guess you think it is ok for an "artist" to trick the producers and audiences in order to promote their obnoxious new album in order to make a few dollars...

It's wrong to deceive isn't it?
Do you think CBS would have aired the little vignet if they had known ahead of time?
I didn't think there were such up tight people like yourself in real life. Damn. If my kid were really traumatized by a two-second boob-flashing, I would sit down with him or her lay it out for them:

"Honey, it's just a boob. Everyone's got them. It's nothing to worry about, dear."

Since we're being dramatic, I'd say the violent crunch of grown men smashing and slamming each into the ground is more harmful to young children than a boob. Or nudity at all, really. It's a more natural part of life than football�or anything else, for that matter. We should stop programming children to be so frightened and appalled by it, I think.

If CBS didn't know ahead of time, Janet and the what's-his-face did, that's for sure. Malfunction my arse. And really, would you be surprised if it came out that someone at CBS did know?

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2004, 02:46 PM

Ok this is my last post...really

I am not scared of being banned since in a week I will no longer have an internet connection anyway, I just don't like pissing hood off, he deals with alot of sh!t (didn't you get banned once?) and he doesn't need a usually nice member thats been here forever causing rukus.

I hope to see you in non-religious based threads in the furture
Why are you in a religous thread if you know what it does to your "brainwaves"?
You seem to like pointing out other people's so-called faults and insinuate they do drugs, but what the reveals to me is, who you are instead.

If you are telling the truth about your internet connection, I certainly won't have to concern myself about *your* obnoxious behavior again.

Farewell.

phoenixboy
Mac Elite
Location: to your right, if you are wearing bronze, to your left, if you are wearing silver
May 3, 2004, 02:49 PM

You don't think nudity is anything to be warned about?
errrrr...NO! (not unless of course it involves roseanne... )

So keep on living And don`t start giving The devil good reasons To get you in the seasons of heartbreak Baby are you tough enough?

Forum Links
Forum Rules