Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 3 children decapitated!

3 children decapitated!
ghost_flash
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 02:02 PM

2 relatives held in the grisly deaths in Baltimore. 17 year-old & 22 year-old.
There is way too much evidence as well. No break-in, etc...

What the heck is going on with people!

1 of the children was beheaded and the other two partially decapitated...

-

WTF!

Thilo Ettelt
Senior User
May 28, 2004, 02:06 PM

AMERICA! (hey no flame war, it's a joke )

waxcrash
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by ghost_flash:
What the heck is going on with people!
I would guess that it was either over drugs, money, a relationship, or the person was f*ck'n nuts.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
May 28, 2004, 02:08 PM

Would it kill you to post a link to the actual story you are going on about?

"Hello, what have we here?

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
May 28, 2004, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by Landos Mustache:
http://www.skynews.co.uk/skynews/art...108524,00.html
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by waxcrash:
I would guess that it was either over drugs, money, a relationship, or the person was f*ck'n nuts.
It was two people, a "17 year-old, and a 22 year-old".

The victims were 9,9, and 10 years old. Right </sarcasm> over drugs.

LINKY: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05/....ap/index.html

I saw it on CNN, and hunted for a link just for you...

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2004, 02:17 PM

Linky

Full Text
Police Arrest Two Relatives In Baltimore Slayings

By Del Quentin Wilber, Nurith C. Aizenman and Tim Craig
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, May 28, 2004; 1:40 PM

Two young men were charged with murder today in the butcher-knife slayings of three children who were members of their family, police and relatives said.

"We're confident we have the main suspects in the case," said Antonio Williams, chief of the Baltimore police department's detective decision.

Police said one of the men gave a statement early today implicating himself and the second suspect in the brutal deaths yesterday of the three children -- a 10-year-old and two 9-year-olds -- inside their apartment in the northwest section of the city.

Relatives and police said the victims and the suspects all were members of an extended family that arrived from Mexico in recent years.

The two suspects were identified by police as Adan Espinosa Canela, 17, and Policarpio Espinosa, 22.

Police said the killers entered an apartment in the 7000 block of Park Heights Avenue shortly after the children returned home from school yesterday, attacking them with a 10-inch butcher knife that was recovered from the backyard last night. One of the children was decapitated.

The dead children were identified as Alexis Espejo Quesada, 10; Lucero Quesada, 9; and Ricardo Arubis Espinosa, 9.

The bodies were discovered after 5 p.m. yesterday by Noemi Quesada, who was mother to Ricardo Espinosa and Lucero Quesada, and the aunt of Alexis Quesada.

"No parent should have to see their children like this," said Antonio Williams, chief of the 3,300-member Baltimore police department's detective division, last night. "It was brutal."

After discovering the children, the mother rushed from the apartment shouting for help in Spanish. When she was unable to explain to a neighbor what had happened, she took the neighbor to the apartment and showed her the carnage.

"I've seen my share of murders," Deputy Police Chief Kenneth Blackwell said last night. "And I've not seen anything as gruesome as this. Anyone who's had a child or knows a child would be affected by what I saw. It's one of the saddest things I've ever seen. It's something I'll remember till I draw my last breath."

A family member said that one suspect, Adan Espinosa, was a cousin to all three of the dead children, and the other suspect, Policarpio Espinosa, was the uncle of Noemi Quesada's children.

Police said they had yet to determine the motivation for the killings.

"There is a motive, we just don't know what it is yet," Williams said.

Police believed the two suspects lived with Adan Espinosa's father, Victor Espinosa, in the 4100 block of Bedford Road in Baltimore County. Detectives served a search warrant at the house, a one-story Cape Cod in a quiet neighborhood, this afternoon.

� 2004 The Washington Post Company
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 02:24 PM

Yup. that is some sick stuff.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:26 PM

Right </sarcasm> over drugs.
They could have been high on something�

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by waxcrash:
They could have been high on something�
Right. I guess that could be true, such as a bad acid trip.

awcopus
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by Thilo Ettelt:
Not a funny joke. Just simply not amusing. Not clever, not ironic, not creative. Maybe a little cynical, or an attempt to seem in vogue.

You can use all the emoticons you want, but smiling and winking when you shout an insult doesn't let you off the hook for the things you say. Something in you couldn't resist hitting an anti-"AMERICA" note in connection with this shocking tragedy, as if Germany were somehow a place where human beings don't do terrifyingly awful things.

Not a flame, Thilo, just food for thought. And a plea... grow up.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 02:35 PM

I was going to post this in response, but thought better of it, well here it is, now that I have given more thought to the original anti-American post.

http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,336...100911,00.html

I'm just more than a little sick of the America bashing. -

waxcrash
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by awcopus:
�as if Germany were somehow a place where human beings don't do terrifyingly awful things.
They are into the cannibalism in Germany.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2569095.stm

[EDIT: Looks like Ghost beat me to it.]

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Thilo Ettelt:
From the Article:
Relatives and police said the victims and the suspects all were members of an extended family that arrived from Mexico in recent years.

PacHead
Baninated
May 28, 2004, 02:49 PM

Yeah, horrible inhumane, barbaric acts like this could never happen in Germany, it is inconceivable.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 02:58 PM

I'm just more than a little sick of the America bashing. -
Why does everyone seem to hate you guys so much anyway?

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 03:00 PM

Jealosy.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 03:08 PM

Jealosy.
Oh ya, I forgot you are the best.

octane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2004, 03:11 PM

Wow, that is a horrific story. Maybe we should bomb their city, and liberate them with Democracy as our raison d'etre.

Let's show those decapitators that we take no nonsense from them; let's show them how we live in a civilised nation.

George Orwell wrote "1984" as a warning; the Bush administration uses it as an instruction manual.

awcopus
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 03:19 PM

The whole idea of hating *A COUNTRY* is absurd. It is absurd to love or hate a collective. Civilized human beings judge people as individuals, based on their actions (speech, behavior and its consequences) and nothing else.

I understand that people find it useful to generalize, but only up to a certain point. People who live in a geographic area defined by sociopolitical barriers have exactly that much in common. I've met people from Romania with a deeper appreciation for liberty than some folks here in NYC have, but I've also met some folks in NYC who are more compassionate and generous than any I've met from other places. The idea that "place" is a certain, determining factor in the POV or moral quality of a person is a kind of collectivism, just like racism... an incorrect and often harmful way of arriving at conclusions about others.

"...hate you guys..." What the hell does this mean? On what basis does somebody who doesn't know a single thing about me except for where I live believe that he or she can legitimately hate or love me? This is nonsense, and it's insidious because you see responses like ghost-flash's where he's actually answering ("jealousy") instead of challenging the absurdity of such collectivist thinking in the first place.

phoenixboy
Mac Elite
Location: to your right, if you are wearing bronze, to your left, if you are wearing silver
May 28, 2004, 03:24 PM

The whole idea of hating *A COUNTRY* is absurd. It is absurd to love or hate a collective. Civilized human beings judge people as individuals, based on their actions (speech, behavior and its consequences) and nothing else.

I understand that people find it useful to generalize, but only up to a certain point. People who live in a geographic area defined by sociopolitical barriers have exactly that much in common. I've met people from Romania with a deeper appreciation for liberty than some folks here in NYC have, but I've also met some folks in NYC who are more compassionate and generous than any I've met from other places. The idea that "place" is a certain, determining factor in the POV or moral quality of a person is a kind of collectivism, just like racism... an incorrect and often harmful way of arriving at conclusions about others.
best post on macnn in the last 4 years.

So keep on living And don`t start giving The devil good reasons To get you in the seasons of heartbreak Baby are you tough enough?

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 03:44 PM

This is nonsense, and it's insidious because you see responses like ghost-flash's where he's actually answering ("jealousy") instead of challenging the absurdity of such collectivist thinking in the first place.
The ironic part is it is ghost-flash's "jealousy" response that gives people a bad impression of the US in the first place.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 03:47 PM

The ironic part is it is ghost-flash's "jealousy" response that gives people a bad impression of the US in the first place.
It's all my fault. Your first name isn't Richard is it? It should be.
It doesn't matter to you that some jerk posted an anti-American sentiment first I guess.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 03:51 PM

It's all my fault. Your first name isn't Richard is it? It should be.
It doesn't matter to you that some jerk posted an anti-American sentiment first I guess.
I never said his comment was nice but you really backup up the stereotype well. Well done

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 03:56 PM

I never said his comment was nice but you really backup up the stereotype well. Well done
If you believe that, then go ahead and slap a label on me. I'll gladly wear it.

I started this thread about something completely different and this idiot makes a stupid comment. I made an obviously absurd comment in response. No sh!t sherlock. You'll believe only what you want to about people.

I also held off about the comment in regard to the German Cannibal, but then thought WTF, if the thread is going to derail, so be it.

dtriska
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 03:57 PM

Jealosy.
It sure isn't your command of the language.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 03:57 PM

If you believe that, then go ahead and slap a label on me. I'll gladly wear it.
We know you will

mike one
Grizzled Veteran
May 28, 2004, 03:58 PM

"...hate you guys..." What the hell does this mean? On what basis does somebody who doesn't know a single thing about me except for where I live believe that he or she can legitimately hate or love me? This is nonsense, and it's insidious because you see responses like ghost-flash's where he's actually answering ("jealousy") instead of challenging the absurdity of such collectivist thinking in the first place.
agreed, great post.

been thinking alot about blind US nationalism as of late, this theme falls in line with that thinking. thx for taking the time to post something of VALUE here.

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by dtriska:
It sure isn't your command of the language.
As long as you are going to nitpick my use of the English Language, then maybe you could explain your misuse of the period with an incomplete sentence?

Not that I really care, but you seem to. Eh? <-

BTW: I never claimed to be a copywriter, I have people that do that for me, and in a forum, who really gives a crap? You seemed to have grasped the meaning just the same.

starman
Clinically Insane
May 28, 2004, 04:09 PM

Why don't you tell us? You take every pot shot at America that you can.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by starman:
Why don't you tell us? You take every pot shot at America that you can.

Mike
Why don't you show me my US shots.

And then I can show you all your Gay/Canadian pot shots.

dtriska
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 04:24 PM

As long as you are going to nitpick my use of the English Language, then maybe you could explain your misuse of the period with an incomplete sentence?

Not that I really care, but you seem to. Eh? <-

BTW: I never claimed to be a copywriter, I have people that do that for me, and in a forum, who really gives a crap? You seemed to have grasped the meaning just the same.
What are you talking about? I'm not an English professor, but my post looks like a complete sentence to me. Noun? Check. Verb? Check.

And I love the excuse for your laziness (or deficiency).

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by dcmacdaddy:
Linky

Full Text
Police Arrest Two Relatives In Baltimore Slayings

By Del Quentin Wilber, Nurith C. Aizenman and Tim Craig
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, May 28, 2004; 1:40 PM

Two young men were charged with murder today in the butcher-knife slayings of three children who were members of their family, police and relatives said.

"We're confident we have the main suspects in the case," said Antonio Williams, chief of the Baltimore police department's detective decision.

Police said one of the men gave a statement early today implicating himself and the second suspect in the brutal deaths yesterday of the three children -- a 10-year-old and two 9-year-olds -- inside their apartment in the northwest section of the city.

The two suspects were identified by police as Adan Espinosa Canela, 17, and Policarpio Espinosa, 22.

Police said the killers entered an apartment in the 7000 block of Park Heights Avenue shortly after the children returned home from school yesterday, attacking them with a 10-inch butcher knife that was recovered from the backyard last night. One of the children was decapitated.

The dead children were identified as Alexis Espejo Quesada, 10; Lucero Quesada, 9; and Ricardo Arubis Espinosa, 9.

The bodies were discovered after 5 p.m. yesterday by Noemi Quesada, who was mother to Ricardo Espinosa and Lucero Quesada, and the aunt of Alexis Quesada.

"No parent should have to see their children like this," said Antonio Williams, chief of the 3,300-member Baltimore police department's detective division, last night. "It was brutal."

After discovering the children, the mother rushed from the apartment shouting for help in Spanish. When she was unable to explain to a neighbor what had happened, she took the neighbor to the apartment and showed her the carnage.

"I've seen my share of murders," Deputy Police Chief Kenneth Blackwell said last night. "And I've not seen anything as gruesome as this. Anyone who's had a child or knows a child would be affected by what I saw. It's one of the saddest things I've ever seen. It's something I'll remember till I draw my last breath."

A family member said that one suspect, Adan Espinosa, was a cousin to all three of the dead children, and the other suspect, Policarpio Espinosa, was the uncle of Noemi Quesada's children.

Police said they had yet to determine the motivation for the killings.

"There is a motive, we just don't know what it is yet," Williams said.

Police believed the two suspects lived with Adan Espinosa's father, Victor Espinosa, in the 4100 block of Bedford Road in Baltimore County. Detectives served a search warrant at the house, a one-story Cape Cod in a quiet neighborhood, this afternoon.

� 2004 The Washington Post Company
So, anyway, I could care less about a few morons that decided to derail a thread because they get their kicks acting like children who need naps.

Three children were slaughtered in Baltimore. <- That is what this thread is actually about.

phoenixboy
Mac Elite
Location: to your right, if you are wearing bronze, to your left, if you are wearing silver
May 28, 2004, 04:44 PM

strange. i get the feeling ther is a lot more to this story than we already know. probably ever will know.

it takes some real cold bloddedness or serious (moral/spiritual) decay to do something like this.

So keep on living And don`t start giving The devil good reasons To get you in the seasons of heartbreak Baby are you tough enough?

Link
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 04:46 PM

That's just sickening
Aloha

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2004, 07:02 PM

So, anyway, I could care less...
So you DO care!

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 07:25 PM

those kids are in a much better place now. Sorry that life dealt you this.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 28, 2004, 10:18 PM

It's nice to see that any topic, even the brutal and senseless murder of innocent children can be turned into the usually macnn fun and games. Get back on topic and leave the oft repeated and boring rhetoric out of it.
Nemo me impune lacesset

ghost_flash  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 10:20 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
So you DO care!
Yes, I do care that the three children were slain by their uncles.

dtriska
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
So you DO care!
LOL! Silly ghost.

quandarry
May 29, 2004, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Yeah, horrible inhumane, barbaric acts like this could never happen in Germany, it is inconceivable.
yeah...what about the american genocide of the aboriginal peoples?

50,000.000+...so what's your point?

yeah...boosh is doing his bit in iraq now.

how many babies has he on his bloody hands.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 29, 2004, 01:58 AM

Some people just don't listen.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules