Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes-Burning problems

iTunes-Burning problems
AngusTF
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2005, 07:42 PM

Wondering if any of you gents might be able to help me out with a problem I'm having with iTunes.

Here it is:

I went to burn a CD this morning from a playlist in iTunes. I put the cd in, selected the playlist I wanted to burn onto the cd, hit the burn button and let it do its thing. I watched as the display read off the tracks it was copying, right down the line from first to last. But, and here's the problem, when the cd was finished and the window diplayed the contents of the cd, the tracks were all shuffled around (like 7, 9, 10, 1, 3, etc...). The first thing I did was check the shuffle button, and that wasn't the culprit. I went into the preferences and checked everything I could think of, but everything seemed to be in order. I tried to burn the thing 3 times, and each time got the same results. Also, with each try, the tracks were shuffled in the same order.

Any brilliant ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Feb 17, 2005, 07:51 PM

Make sure your playlist has is sorted by the 'order' column, and not alphabetical or something. The 'order' column is the first one in your playlist. If it's not blue, click on it and that will show you the actual track order.

Sorry if that was too basic, just making sure the obvious steps are done

Forum Links
Forum Rules