Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Ordered New Intel iMac

Ordered New Intel iMac (Page 2)
parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jan 22, 2006, 02:10 PM

Well it seems they're catching up with all the orders. I ordered on 1/18 and the original ship date was 1/25. Well it shipped this morning (actually, last night because of the time diff) and now my delivery date is 1/25. So that's only two business days after I placed my order, and this is a BTO. I'm pretty happy that my delivery date is the original ship date. Here's what I got:
IMAC 17/1.83/SD CTO
Z0CX
ATI Radeon X1600-128MB SDRAM
1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-1x1GB
250GB Serial ATA drive
SuperDrive 8x
Kybd, Mighty Mse & Mac OS X
Country Kit

HouseSold
Senior User
Jan 22, 2006, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by parsec_kadets
Well it seems they're catching up with all the orders. I ordered on 1/18 and the original ship date was 1/25. Well it shipped this morning (actually, last night because of the time diff) and now my delivery date is 1/25. So that's only two business days after I placed my order, and this is a BTO. I'm pretty happy that my delivery date is the original ship date. Here's what I got:
IMAC 17/1.83/SD CTO
Z0CX
1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-1x1GB
250GB Serial ATA drive
SuperDrive 8x
Kybd, Mighty Mse & Mac OS X
Country Kit
Congrats !

Do not be concerned when Indianapolis shows up after Anchorage; evidently it is only a container scan in Anchorage and Indianapolis is for the Customs clearance for International orders.

Then they travel to the major city hub nearest you and sit around for awhile before making it to a delivery truck.

Be patient.......it's hard when you know your Mac is almost home.

Almost like Cabbage Patch doll frenzy a few years back.........

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2006, 08:52 AM

Ordered 1/10 10:57am

20"/250GB/1GB/256MB SDRAM/iWork 06/Kybd, Mighty Mse & Mac OS X

Supposed to ship by 1/18... delayed until 1/25... actually shipped 1/21.
Apple states delivery of 1/25, however, FedEx states "Future delivery requested" and a delivery date of 1/27.

Anyone ever see the "Future delivery requested" appear on their FedEx.com tracking?

Good luck to all, and I hope they all arrive as early as possible!

badnewsblair
Senior User
Jan 23, 2006, 11:27 AM

@ baw

Looks like ours are on the same plane! Well, isn't that cute.

I was surprised as well as it shipped a day early (Sunday instead of Monday)! Problem is that I am having it shipped to my work because I won't be home to sign for it. So it will be sitting here in the office staring at me for hours before I can take it home and unwrap it!

Gah!
I am an unashamed 2 time early adopter. 3 Years ago I bought the 17-inch Rev. 1 Powerbook 1.0 GHz.
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

svenreed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2006, 12:47 PM

estimated shipping date of 1/23; ordered on 1/13.
shipped on 1/20 and arrived on 1/23.

i just wish i knew what was up with adobe.

IMAC 17/1.83/SD CTO
1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-1x1GB
250GB Serial ATA drive
SuperDrive 8x
WL Kybd-Mse & Mac OS X
Country Kit

dale
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2006, 01:49 PM

Does anyone know if the additional Vram can be added at a later date? I am considering getting the optional 256MB vram, but would like the ability to have a replacement iMac if it was faulty.

If not I will be ordering a CTO 20" iMac with 256MB Vram and 1x1GB RAM (standard 250GB drive - which is a lot bigger that the 2GB I have sitting in the Dell PC this thing is replacing).

BTW: Has anyone seen the rumours about an iPod "Boom box"? One rumour stipulates that it will allow an iPod to be docked onto it for playingtunes, and also have a hard disk in it so that content can be streamed to it from the Mac (via wireless I presume)!! I wonder if this will be able to store downloaded video footage and hook up to a TV?
( Last edited by dale; Jan 23, 2006 at 01:56 PM. )

baw  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 23, 2006, 01:53 PM

The VRAM is not upgradable outside the factory.

badnewsblair
Senior User
Jan 23, 2006, 02:01 PM

No it cannot be added. I think someone was misleading when they say they "added" additional VRAM. The VRAM is Video RAM installed onto a graphics card. Traditionally the graphics card is a separate object in a PEECEE, however with the iMac it is onboard like a laptop. However, the VRAM and graphics card are still considered one component. There are no additional slots available for RAM as it is soldered on.
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

baw  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2006, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by baw
EDIT: Finally!

Well, the shipment status is still the same. No other package scans except leaving Shanghai. My iMac must have missed the plane to Anchorage and is on a dinghy crossing the Pacific.

badnewsblair
Senior User
Jan 24, 2006, 06:59 PM

I have the exact same except mine says that it missed the cutoff for FedEx. I suppose that means that it arrived at the facility too late to hit the plane. Looks like it might be a day late now. However, FedEx's site is about 8 hours behind as far as updating shipping details.

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jan 24, 2006, 08:05 PM

Yep, mine says the same thing. Today it added "Jan 24, 2006 11:44 PM At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN." So if I read that correctly, it took them a day and a half to drive the package from the manufacturing plant to the FedEx facility. huh? Also, if you believe that site it's still sitting at the FedEx facility. Meanwhile my girlfriend ordered me some muffins that were sent UPS. That site was updated like five times in a single day. I'm thinking the FedEx tracking system is just about worthless. Just out of curiosity, when did Apple switch to FedEx? The last time I dealt with them they used Aireborne, which is now DHL.

baw  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2006, 08:42 PM

Apple has used Fedex for as long as I can remember. I think for service parts Apple sends via DHL.

HouseSold
Senior User
Jan 24, 2006, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by baw
Apple has used Fedex for as long as I can remember. I think for service parts Apple sends via DHL.
[FONT="Arial Black"]
[FONT="Verdana"]How ours shipped:[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Service type IP Direct Distribution

Date/Time Location/Activity
Jan 23, 2006 8:28 AM CA/Delivered
7:32 AM CA/On FedEx vehicle for delivery
Jan 21, 2006 3:21 PM LOS ANGELES, CA/At local FedEx facility
6:02 AM LOS ANGELES, CA/Arrived at FedEx location
4:40 AM INDIANAPOLIS, IN/Departed FedEx location
2:55 AM INDIANAPOLIS, IN/Int'l shipment release
Jan 20, 2006 11:03 PM INDIANAPOLIS, IN/Arrived at FedEx location
1:31 PM ANCHORAGE, AK/Departed FedEx location
12:20 PM ANCHORAGE, AK/Arrived at FedEx location
Jan 19, 2006 2:14 PM SHANGHAI CN/Left origin
2:09 PM SHANGHAI CN/Picked up
9:03 AM /Package data transmitted to FedEx

It's pokey in the beginning, especially with weekends involved, just sitting around, just sitting around.....where are you FedEx?

The international shipment release could be Florida or Indianapolis or somewhere else and it will probably backtrack, unless you live in Indiana.

dcsmrgun
Jan 25, 2006, 11:34 AM

My original ship estimate was 1/24 and delivery on 1/26. I paid the extra $33 for two-day shipping.

Here's the tracking so far:

Jan 24, 2006
4:05 PM:
Arrived at FedEx location - ANCHORAGE, AK
4:04 PM:
In transit - ANCHORAGE, AK
1:37 AM:
Arrived at FedEx location - ANCHORAGE, AK

Jan 23, 2006
1:34 AM:
Left origin - SHANGHAI CN
1:33 AM:
Picked up - SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

Jan 22, 2006
6:23 AM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

I'm debating calling up and asking them to refund me my $33 since it seems unlikely that it will be here today, two days after it shipped. Part of me is weighing taking that $33 and putting it into another GB of RAM for the 20" iMac versus being a jerk to some CS representative. They did ship it two days ahead of time though, I wonder if that gives them the leeway to say "well hey, you will recieve it exactly when we promised, we just shipped it early"

In all likelyhood I will get it tomorrow, so I guess I can decide whether I want to be a jerk then or not. I may be too happy playing with my new machine to care

badnewsblair
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 11:42 AM

@ Baw

Look like you and I have the same flight path for our iMacs. Let me know if your status changes. Was yours supposed to be delivered today as well?

By the way it looks, it won't be today. But hopefully tomorrow! I'm so anxious. My first new computer in 3 years!

Also, a friend of mine is very experienced with these situations and he says the FedEx tracker is slow and can sometimes not update until after the package is delivered.

We shall see!

badnewsblair
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 11:51 AM

Been like that for the past almost 24 hours. My coworkers think I am nuts because I keep Dashboarding!

I think I might be going nuts, indeed!

palple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 01:22 PM

Mine shipped today! Anyway, it will not be here till a week or so... deliveries to the USA are way faster.
iMac fp 15'' G4 700Mhz, 256MB RAM, 10.3.8
iBook 12'' G4 1.2Ghz, 768MB RAM, 60G, 10.4.0

Astronaut Jones
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by badnewsblair

Been like that for the past almost 24 hours. My coworkers think I am nuts because I keep Dashboarding!

I think I might be going nuts, indeed!

My iMac must be in the same bunch as yours, and it is indeed frustrating. One thing has changed in the last 24 hours though, the estimated delivery date now says "January 31, 2006" (it was blank before). The e-mail from Apple when it shipped said it was estimated to arrive today, but it looks like that's not gonna happen.

codex57
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 02:00 PM

Argh! I'm in the exact same boat as you guys. Picked up and now it's just sitting at the FedEx facility since the 24th. Estimated arrival was blank, and now it's Jan. 31 like you guys. I was all hopeful too since it shipped earlier than the original estimate. Guess the original estimate was right.

What really is annoying is that FedEx is totally incompetent for me. They almost never deliver and I'm forced to pick up my package. And Apple ships out of werehouses that are REALLY far from me. The worst was when FedEx made me waste X-mas eve waiting for them cuz the moron driver "couldn't find address or address wrong" or some crap message like that. Stupid cuz I let in ANOTHER FedEx driver that day thinking he had my package. Argh. I hope Apple switches to UPS.

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 02:33 PM

Yep, I'm in the exact same boat. E-mail from Apple said it would be delivered on the 25th. It sat in China for 3 days (and is still sitting there), and now FedEx says it will come on the 31st. Apple's original estimate was that it would be delivered on the 30th. I'm a little ticked with FedEx. If I read mine right, it took them a day and a half to pick up the package, drive it to the FedEx facility (in the same city) and unload the truck. And now it's been sitting in somewhere house, lost and forgotten.

baw  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 03:27 PM

Getting closer!

Cerebros
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 03:30 PM

I just ordered a 17 inch iMac to use with my Cinema display from Amazon this morning. It just shipped with an arrival date of Friday (1/27). I've got my fingers crossed my new Mac makes it before the weekend!

dcsmrgun
Jan 25, 2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by baw

Getting closer!
Ours must be on the same palate. I'm particularly enjoying the fact that our packages will be delivered at the same time

badnewsblair
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by baw

Getting closer!
DARNIT! I HATE YOU!

Mine still shows the same date and no status update. I guess our iMacs weren't travel buddies

HouseSold
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by badnewsblair
DARNIT! I HATE YOU!

Mine still shows the same date and no status update. I guess our iMacs weren't travel buddies
It's all part of the process of container movement and international orders flow. Most orders, including CTO orders, are still arriving delivered ahead of shipped estimates.

Be patient and don't lambaste Apple for shipping speed differences; be thankful there's no indefinite hold or delays in shipping or parts backordered. It will be on your desk before you know it.

Remember, once it leaves Shanghai, Apple has surrendered it to the FedEx system and the movement is not Apples' any longer. Apple built your iMacIntel in a rather timely manner, don't you think?

Be glad you're not trying to get a Nikon D200 camera which has issues and delivery delays too.

codex57
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by HouseSold
It's all part of the process of container movement and international orders flow. Most orders, including CTO orders, are still arriving delivered ahead of shipped estimates.

Be patient and don't lambaste Apple for shipping speed differences; be thankful there's no indefinite hold or delays in shipping or parts backordered. It will be on your desk before you know it.

Remember, once it leaves Shanghai, Apple has surrendered it to the FedEx system and the movement is not Apples' any longer. Apple built your iMacIntel in a rather timely manner, don't you think?

Be glad you're not trying to get a Nikon D200 camera which has issues and delivery delays too.
I'm not mad at apple since they actually got it shipped out earlier than their estimate. The fault lies purely with FedEx, which has my poor iMac freezing it's tookus off in some werehouse right next to Parsec's.

Funny you should mention the D200. I had deliver issues. Also with FedEx. That was the situation were I had to waste X-mas Eve waiting for the thing cuz FedEx was a retard and couldn't find my apartment complex even tho another FedEx driver did. Ritz Camera was horrible too since they REFUSED to give me the tracking number. Without it, FedEx couldn't do much to help me track down which idiot driver had my package hostage. When the driver finally dumped my camera back at the werehouse, I then had to call Ritz on the phone, explain to a supervisor the situation, and then hand the phone over to the FedEx customer service counter person to talk to the Ritz dude. Both me and that FedEx lady had to answer a ton of security questions before they'd release the tracking number. Ritz just completely sucks ass!

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 07:08 PM

The thing that has me most confused is when I look at the details on the FedEx site. I've got this line from a couple days ago:
Jan 23, 2006 11:33 AM Picked up SHANGHAI CN Future delivery requested

Huh? Future delivery requested? By who? I had called Apple Friday night (before it shipped) and down graded from the 2-3 day to the free standard shipping. I did this based on what a couple of my friends had told me. One paid for standard shipping and one paid for the upgrade, but they both got theirs in the same number of days (orders shipped on different days though). I figured that I wasn't going to pay $30 for a shipping option I would get anyway. I didn't think it would mean "FedEx might convieniently 'lose' your iMac for a day or two." FYI, no update at all today. It's STILL sitting in the warehouse, even though they picked it up at 11:33AM on the 23rd. Oh well, I guess some Chinese guys are using it as a table during their lunch break or something.

codex57
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 07:33 PM

Argh. It's Chinese New Year coming up. This better not mean that they all up and took a vacation or that they stuck our two boxes together to play mah jong on.

dcsmrgun
Jan 25, 2006, 08:56 PM

"International shipment release" is the latest status. I guess it finally cleared customs. I'm still up in the air whether I believe it will be here tomorrow or not. I guess they have a good ~14 hours to ship it from Alaska to Florida if they plan to keep their delivery schedule of ~11am tomorrow.

DoctorGonzo
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by dcsmrgun
"International shipment release" is the latest status. I guess it finally cleared customs. I'm still up in the air whether I believe it will be here tomorrow or not. I guess they have a good ~14 hours to ship it from Alaska to Florida if they plan to keep their delivery schedule of ~11am tomorrow.
Don't give up hope!

That being said, I'm glad I didn't pay for the expeditied shipping.

dcsmrgun
Jan 25, 2006, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by DoctorGonzo
Don't give up hope!

That being said, I'm glad I didn't pay for the expeditied shipping.
Definitely. Hope restored, the iMac left the Anchorage facility an hour ago

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2006, 10:11 PM

This is starting to annoy me. Maybe I'm crazy, but shouldn't this be going much more quickly?! I paid for the expedited ship option too.

It's 9:pm EST on the 25th... here is the status:

:: Jan 24, 2006 - 11:45 PM - At local FedEx facility - SHANGHAI CN
:: Jan 24, 2006 - 9:05 AM - Picked up - SHANGHAI CN - Future delivery requested
:: Jan 24, 2006 - 1:27 AM - Picked up - SHANGHAI CN - Package received after FedEx cutoff
:: Jan 24, 2006 - 1:27 AM - Left origin - SHANGHAI CN

:: Jan 23, 2006 - 5:59 AM - Package data transmitted to FedEx

hmmmmmm. Argh!

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 11:13 PM

Jan 25, 2006 4:22 PM In transit ANCHORAGE, AK
4:22 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

So it actually did make it to Alaska today. I guess they just had to find a chicken that had both bird flu and SARS to cram in the box before they could let it go. Now I just have to wonder if I have enough faith in my fellow Americans to stop the polar bears from eating it. hmmmm..... I'll get back to you guys on that one.

HouseSold
Senior User
Jan 26, 2006, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by parsec_kadets
Jan 25, 2006 4:22 PM In transit ANCHORAGE, AK
4:22 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

So it actually did make it to Alaska today. I guess they just had to find a chicken that had both bird flu and SARS to cram in the box before they could let it go. Now I just have to wonder if I have enough faith in my fellow Americans to stop the polar bears from eating it. hmmmm..... I'll get back to you guys on that one.
LOL ROFLMAO

You better get your iMacIntel soon........before you lose it. (your mind-that is)

Don't forget to max out your memory; it makes a big difference.

Got mine from Bud at: http://www.datamem.com/parts_that_fi...E_Apple_A_C_E_

Been buying there for years.

codex57
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2006, 03:45 AM

I hope they send it straight down to Califonia. I had a FedEx package go from Indianapolis to Ontario, CA (about 40 min from me, the delivery address) back to Indianapolis, and then back to Los Angeles. Retards. I think it was my D200 camera cuz I got my shipping refunded to me since FedEx was a retard and didn't make their promised delivery time.

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2006, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by LeeG
20" iMac Core Duo
256MB VRAM
1x1GB DDR2 SDRAM
250GB HD

Ordered 1/15, initially said planning to ship 1/24, then I got an email yesterday morning saying it has shipped.

As for the ram stuff, I went with the 1x1Gb, with a plan to get another 1gb stick asap from another vendor - generally my MO with macs. Can't wait...

L

Shipped 1/21. Delivered 1/24.

Still ironing out the kinks, moving my stuff over. I also need to buy another 1Gb stick, otherwise - smooth sailing, really nice machine,

L
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

Macadvo
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2006, 05:49 AM

Is there a widget available for tracking orders to Europe?

The Apecode website is telling me that the flight is booked and ETA is 1/2/06. Very frustrating waiting for it :s

On a side note what's the difference between BTO and CTO?

Macadvo
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2006, 08:27 AM

Woohoo!! According to Apecode the flight bearing my iMac left Shanghai yesterday!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that TNT will have picked it up either yesterday or today, meaning that by tomorrow it will be in the UK....

Hopefully I'll be using my 20inch iMac by Monday

[UPDATE] Now I'm confused, cananyone tell me what this lot means?

26 jan 06 40 69 accept scanned at EDC | Apple Shanghai
25 jan 06 32 55 flight departed | Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
25 jan 06 32 05 Flight Booked | Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
23 jan 06 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received | Apple Shanghai
22 jan 06 30 63 handover at supplier | Apple Shanghai
22 jan 06 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier | Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai

The last time I checked the last entry was "flight departed" now I have this new "accept scanned at EDC" entry but that still syas Apple Shanghai? Does that mean my iMac is still in Shanghai or has it actually left?

??confused??
[/UPDATE]

PBG4 User
Senior User
Jan 26, 2006, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Macadvo

The Apecode website is telling me that the flight is booked and ETA is 1/2/06. Very frustrating waiting for it :s

BTO = Build To Order
CTO = Configure To Order

Both mean the same thing.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

Macadvo
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2006, 09:20 AM

Thanks mate, that had been bugging me for a while.

dcsmrgun
Jan 26, 2006, 10:10 AM

"On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

Consider me happy. Of course, the next time I order an Apple product I completely expect to go through this same sequence of emotions

Of course, now the problem is that I have a hockey game tonoght and an engagement tomorrow, so I won't be able to play with it until tomorrow night

Edit: OH SNAP IT'S BEEN DELIVERED AND IS WAITING AT HOME
( Last edited by dcsmrgun; Jan 26, 2006 at 11:51 AM. )

palple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2006, 10:16 AM

The Apecode website is telling me that the flight is booked and ETA is 2/2/06.

I hope that I'll have a surprise like your and the flight will depart tomorrow.

palple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2006, 10:19 AM

Woohoo!! According to Apecode the flight bearing my iMac left Shanghai yesterday!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that TNT will have picked it up either yesterday or today, meaning that by tomorrow it will be in the UK....

Hopefully I'll be using my 20inch iMac by Monday

[UPDATE] Now I'm confused, cananyone tell me what this lot means?

26 jan 06 40 69 accept scanned at EDC | Apple Shanghai
25 jan 06 32 55 flight departed | Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
25 jan 06 32 05 Flight Booked | Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
23 jan 06 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received | Apple Shanghai
22 jan 06 30 63 handover at supplier | Apple Shanghai
22 jan 06 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier | Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai

The last time I checked the last entry was "flight departed" now I have this new "accept scanned at EDC" entry but that still syas Apple Shanghai? Does that mean my iMac is still in Shanghai or has it actually left?

??confused??
[/UPDATE]
Your iMac should be in Europe now even though it still says shanghai.
It takes still one more day till it's picked by tnt, I think you'll have it next monday or tuesday at the latest.

badnewsblair
Senior User
Jan 26, 2006, 10:25 AM

Absolutely no update on my shipping status.

Unbelievable.

toddtmw
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by HouseSold
LOL ROFLMAO

You better get your iMacIntel soon........before you lose it. (your mind-that is)

Don't forget to max out your memory; it makes a big difference.

Got mine from Bud at: http://www.datamem.com/parts_that_fi...E_Apple_A_C_E_

Been buying there for years.
I ordered two of those, but mine were only $108. Apple is single-handedly driving demand (and the price) up for these...

The memory arrived yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to install it yet. I can't wait...things tend to slow down when I start running out of memory, this should help a lot!

-Todd
The moderators in this forum have too much time on their hands.

MORT A POTTY
Senior User
Jan 26, 2006, 11:29 AM

yeah, the lac of memory is KILLING me. i get beachballs all the damn time because of the swapping. i got two gig sticks on order and it was ch eap as hell (less than 145 shipped 2-day for both) but man, this 512MB is ugh.

HouseSold
Senior User
Jan 26, 2006, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by codex57
I hope they send it straight down to Califonia. I had a FedEx package go from Indianapolis to Ontario, CA (about 40 min from me, the delivery address) back to Indianapolis, and then back to Los Angeles. Retards. I think it was my D200 camera cuz I got my shipping refunded to me since FedEx was a retard and didn't make their promised delivery time.
Many online vendors will ship the way you describe (one destination in your state, to another destination out of state, then back to you) to avoid charging sales tax; How much tax on your D200 of $1700, did you save?
I wouldn't complain too much, since you're getting your cake and eating it too, as the expression goes.
The best of both scenarios, for a little delay. I would rather wait, than pay much more.

Macadvo
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2006, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by palple
Your iMac should be in Europe now even though it still says shanghai.
It takes still one more day till it's picked by tnt, I think you'll have it next monday or tuesday at the latest.
There have been a few more updates to my shipping details on the Apecode website.

26 jan 06 86 14 booking slot obtained | Apple Shanghai | 27 jan 06
26 jan 06 30 00 departed to NDC | NLAMS07 | 01 feb 06

Hopefully this means I can expect delivery on Monday. They're usually pretty quick once the plane lands. If I'm REALLY lucky the ETA of 27th Jan will be accurateandI'll be playing with my new toy tomorrow! Though I'm not holding my breath

[EDIT] Just thinking aloud here but it's normally overnight from the mainland to the UK, if it gets to the UK delivery centre through the night then I suppose there is every possibility that I could have it tomorrow (provided it's being delivered by TNT here in the UK whos delivery centre is fairly local).
If its a different carrier then tomorrow night they will ship to my local delivery centre for delivery on Monday. I may be able to get a contact number for the local delivery centre in that case and maybe organise for me to collect it on Saturday morning??[/EDIT]

baw  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2006, 01:28 PM

Reason Delivery Not Completed
1. Customer not Available or Business Closed Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day.
Nooooooooooooooooo! I was home! I was sleeping though. Guess I didn't hear the doorbell. Bah.

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jan 26, 2006, 01:39 PM

Try calling FedEx and ask them if it's possible to have the driver return. I've done this with other shippers in the past. It might not be until this afternoon or this evening, but he may be able to come back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules