Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 3 Ghz+ MacBook Pro... Anyone know?

3 Ghz+ MacBook Pro... Anyone know?
staloysius777
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2007, 12:32 AM

Hi all: Does anyone know of any rumors that Apple is about to deliver a 3 Ghz+ MacBook Pro? --Allen
--Allen
"There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials." -- St Aloysius Gonzaga

hldan
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2007, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by staloysius777 View Post
Hi all: Does anyone know of any rumors that Apple is about to deliver a 3 Ghz+ MacBook Pro? --Allen
If we knew of it being a rumor it wouldn't help you much. If you wanna know about processor possibilities check out Intel's website.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 2, 2007, 03:00 AM

Look at Intel's roadmaps; they've been leaked and released all over the 'net.

Spring 2007 brings 800Mhz FSB and probably 2.4Ghz clockrate. Late 2007/early 2008 will probably bring quads.

wilsonng
Senior User
Jan 2, 2007, 04:34 AM

<sarcasm on>

not happy with the 2.33 Ghz processors we got today? Can't do anything on the current MBPs?

<sarcasm off>
You can bend my ear. We can talk all day. Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say. -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET

staloysius777  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2007, 12:49 PM

THanks for the input, I needed it. I had not even thought of checking Intel's site & their roadmap. Ah well , still getting used to the new switch I guess. but that's a really good idea . Also the 2.33's are quite fast but I just didn't want to purchase anything if newer equipment was about to drop this Jan w/ the usual apple releases but the latest MBP's are awesome! especially how Apple has snuck in the even more powerful Airport Card waiting for the more widely accepted 802.11(z) - some letter after that - that pushes 540mbs. That's awesome!
--Allen
"There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials." -- St Aloysius Gonzaga

thetman
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2007, 12:13 AM

mduell said it best, the "santa rosa" chipset will drop this spring and will bring faster front side bus and faster (probably just a little faster at first) and i believe it will have native support for 802.11n the replacement for 802.11g. It will be a long time till 3ghz c2d or even quad core notebook cpu's . If you are looking to buy the best time will probably be the next MBP update that will most likely bring that santa rosa platform, faster GPU, and leopard included. I would guess at April - June launch for that product line.

Forum Links
Forum Rules