Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Importing into EndNote 6.0.1

Importing into EndNote 6.0.1
biscuit
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2002, 06:56 AM

Well, try as I might I just can't get EndNote 6.0.1 (Jag update) to import files saved from online databases like PubMed and Web of Science.

I can see the files in the 'Choose File...' dialog but it can't be selected. The only thing i can select is other Endnote Libraries. I've tried to mess with file extensions but endnote libraries don't have one it seems. Would a foray into type/creator codes work do you think?

Anyone else have this problem? Apologies if this is something dead simple and/or has been covered before at great length.

biscuit

biscuit  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2002, 11:12 AM

Well, it seems I've figured this out for myself. It turns out EndNote can only import from other EndNote Libraries and Plain Text Files. Thing is, you can only select these two things in the Open dialog. They must also be defined by the TYPE code and not .txt (which, I suppose is the way it should be, but it could at least recognise file extensions.

Anyway, Chimera (my default browser) and Omniweb don't add this info when saving a file from these websites. IE will do it, but I hate that browser.

The solution? Change the file type using aaw.mo.free.X to TEXT and all is well, as long as you've saved in the right format and select the right import filter.

So, thats that then. I should be less hasty in posting problems. Sorry to have wasted everyones time. Please feel free to delete this thread.

biscuit

Forum Links
Forum Rules