Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Email comes into iphone but not the desktop

Email comes into iphone but not the desktop
jeff k
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2016, 12:27 PM

Has anyone ever seen this? I received an email in my iphone inbox, but it's not on the desktop, Mail app? Thanks.

P
Feb 9, 2016, 04:31 AM

Do you have a different set of accounts registered on the phone and on the desktop?
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2016, 08:22 PM

The accounts should match, P, but just noticed that some spam emails that did not make it to my desktop, make it to the iphone, so maybe that's it? A spam filter may be stronger on the home machines, the iphone is letting in? Of course, that email was not spam.

P
Feb 10, 2016, 06:23 AM

It could absolutely be the spam filter, yes.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2016, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
It could absolutely be the spam filter, yes.
ok thanks P... dang, kind if scary knowing some emails gets nuked that you might want to see; and then your see this happen in front of you... oh well...

Forum Links
Forum Rules