Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Shock absorbing sleeves for Powerbook? Vyper M?

Shock absorbing sleeves for Powerbook? Vyper M?
aadfadsfa4
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2006, 12:33 PM

I was reading through the sticky and it seems the Vyper M is the only one that fits my criteria. I need something that I can throw into my backpack every once in a while and still protect my PB from possible falls. Is the padding on this adequate for those that own it?

Also, anyone able to find promo codes for Booq Bags on any sites recently? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Wanted to order one before I left. Thanks.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2006, 01:34 PM

I don't have any experience with the Vyper, I've been very happy with my Monolith sleeve from Tom Bihn, which looks somewhat comparable: soft interior suspended inside a rigid exterior, with foam in between for padding. It always felt well-protected in my backpack. I imagine the Vyper would be similar.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

aadfadsfa4  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2006, 03:21 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

hakstooy
Forum Regular
Apr 25, 2006, 11:36 AM

I have a Vyper and it works great. I've never actually dropped it, so I can't attest to its shock-absorbing abilities, but it seems padded enough to handle minor things.

aadfadsfa4  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2006, 12:12 PM

Thanks. Went ahead and ordered the Vyper.

Found a promo code btw, in case anyone else is interested.

10% off your order: use "pbzone06"
( Last edited by SteveMcQ; Apr 25, 2006 at 12:27 PM. )

quilmes
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2006, 03:44 PM

I have the waterfield cargo bag with one of their sleeves, but am conserned that the sleve does not provide much shock absorbsion when i put the laptop into it and am walking around. I am also concerned that the way these messanger bags are carried that my large MBP 15inch will get stressed along my back.

Chito
Senior User
Apr 28, 2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by smellycat
I have the waterfield cargo bag with one of their sleeves, but am conserned that the sleve does not provide much shock absorbsion when i put the laptop into it and am walking around. I am also concerned that the way these messanger bags are carried that my large MBP 15inch will get stressed along my back.
FWIW I think the ZeroShock sleeve from Shinza.com is the best sleeve ever.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

quilmes
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2006, 08:04 AM

I like it. though wish it was a real sleeve so that i could leave it in my bag and pull the computer right from it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules