Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple adds more Apple Watch color options, reveals new bands

Apple adds more Apple Watch color options, reveals new bands
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 9, 2015, 01:31 PM

Apple's first announcements at its Special Event revolved around the Apple Watch. Features and apps for the upcoming watchOS 2 update were teased, while the Apple Watch itself now has more options for casing colors and bands, including a Product Red model and premium leather bands from designer brand Hermes.

So far, the Apple Watch has achieved 97 percent customer satisfaction, with 10,00 Watch apps now available to download. A few new apps for the device were highlighted by Jeff Williams, with the GoPro Viewfinder app, FaceBook Messenger, and AirStrip heading to the device.

In a demonstration, AirStrip is shown to be able to transfer healthcare information to doctors via the Apple Watch, including pulse rate, pressure, and other important data transferred with HIPAA compliance. Patients can also use the app to communicate with their doctor, including being able to listen to their baby's heartbeat, and sending readings to their healthcare professional.

On the physical side, Apple introduced new Watch bands from Hermes, with three leather bands accompanied by a custom Hermes watch face. More standard Watch bands will also be available, including "vibrant hues" and "neutral tones."

For the Apple Watch itself, Gold and Rose Gold casing colors in anodized aluminum will be available, at the same price as existing versions. A special Product RED edition will be coming out with a red band and a stainless steel casing.

Apple is shipping the new models of Apple Watch and bands today, while watchOS 2 will be coming out on September 16.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Sep 9, 2015 at 02:36 PM. )

Mr. Strat
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2015, 03:28 PM

Can I trade my silver Sport for one of the gold ones? It's absolutely critical that my watch match my phone and iPad. :-)

DiabloConQueso
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 9, 2015, 04:29 PM

Luca Maestri here -- DiabloConQueso was kind enough to let me use his account for this quick reply to your post.

Just wanted to say that while Apple does not have an official trade-in program, we would LOVE for you to swing by and purchase one of the new rose gold watches to match your existing Apple gear. We think that color synchronicity is key to enjoying the full Apple experience, and highly recommend adding a second Apple Watch to your lineup.

We look forward to seeing you soon at your nearest Apple Store or authorized reseller.

Forum Links
Forum Rules