Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Quicktime Help

Quicktime Help
wreckem87
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2005, 12:14 AM

First of all, my appologies if this question is in the wrong thread section. It's just that I'm not quite sure what this question would fall under. My buddy has some videos on his PC, which I burned onto a disc, and then put them onto my Mac. I can play them in any media player, be it quicktime, real, or windows media player, except when I play the clip, it only lasts for a short while; a fraction of the whole clip. In order to view the whole clip, I have to click and drag the scroll bar on the media player to roughly 2 seconds, to continue the video from the previous point. It's truly agrivating, and annoying, and the problem makes me not want to deal with it. However, I spent a lot of time into this, and the problem is now something that I want to beat; I just need help. Please, I'm begging you, help me figure out this problem, and find a solution. Thank you!

Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2005, 06:16 AM

Try VLC. It sounds like multiple mpeg files were improperly merged, if they're MPEG-1 you can fix them with MPEG Streamclip.

What surprises me is that you say you can play them with Mac WMP, because that usually only plays Windows Media.

grovberg
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2005, 01:38 PM

Being able to help will depend largely on the files in question. What are they?
"Make good fight."
-Mr. Miyagi

Forum Links
Forum Rules