Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Video iPod spontaneously restarts

Video iPod spontaneously restarts
pharmacopoeia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2005, 06:20 PM

Have any of you had this problem or is my ViPod defective?

It restarts occasionally, unpredictably, at least once or twice a day during my commute to/from work while I have it playing through the stereo via the headphone jack (using Apples AV cable) to the AV line-in of the stereo. My other iPods don't restart like this using the same hook-up.

IFLY2HIGH
Senior User
Nov 10, 2005, 06:24 PM

I've had this happen once so far, I've had mine since release day, and use it everyday.
- Eric

pharmacopoeia  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2005, 02:40 PM

My 60 gig video ipod (when playing movies, TV shows or music videos) will restart spontaneously within 1 to 10 minutes of playback. I called Apple Tech and they had me reset then totally reload the latest ipod software. I put only Apple iTunes videos (Lost, Tin Toy and several music videos) back on the thing but it still restarts spontaneously. It happens with or without the Apple AV cable attatached (that is, if I watch the videos on my TV or on the iPod screen).

Apple sent me a box to send it back to them for "repairs" so I guess that's next.

So nobody else has had this issue with their video iPod? Weird.

P.S. It does not restart if just playing music, even if the music is a video file.

pharmacopoeia  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2005, 02:43 PM

for example, when watching a Lost episode yesterday the iPod restarted six times. each time i'd have to start it again and scroll to where i was in the show. big pain in the kiester.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2005, 03:06 PM

Replacement time

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

mikedc1760
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2005, 04:24 PM

It happened to me 2 or 3 times, if he happens again I'm calling. I only had it for a little more than a week.

Forum Links
Forum Rules