Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Shipping?

Shipping? (Page 3)
clayhorste
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2004, 03:26 PM

My 20"/BT BTO machine is being held in Indiana. I was wondering why it went from Alaska to Indiana in the first place, but now it is in holding. Maybe they are trying to fulfill the Oct 11 ship date.

Date/Time Status Location
28-Sep-04 3:01 AM Held at Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN
12:50 AM Arrived Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN
27-Sep-04 3:15 PM Left FedEx Sort Facility ANCHORAGE AK
24-Sep-04 2:08 AM Left FedEx Sort Facility SUBIC BAY PH
1:11 AM Left FedEx Sort Facility SUBIC BAY FREEPORT PH
1:00 AM Arrived at Sort Facility SUBIC BAY FREEPORT PH
12:28 AM Arrived at Sort Facility SUBIC BAY PH
23-Sep-04 9:26 PM Left FedEx Ramp SHANGHAI CN
9:38 AM Left FedEx Origin Location SHANGHAI CN
9:38 AM Pickup status SHANGHAI CN

The waiting is painful. I sold my G4 iMac in anticipation and I only have my work laptop.

Finrock
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2004, 03:31 PM

clayhorste: ours are in the same place. According to FedEx they didn't clear customs in time to make on to the flight out to their final destinations. From what I understand they will be delivered tomorrow.

The late delivery dates (10/11 and 10/13) were blanket estimates due to the holidays being observed in China over the next few days. Machines will arrive much, much sooner than that.
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

mattyd
Senior User
Sep 28, 2004, 04:33 PM

mine is in Indianapolis with both of yours!

should be here in San Fran tomorrow.

YYZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2004, 08:55 PM

Well, I guess I'll be the first to reach the final shipping date (0929) and no word from Apple. Seems like everyone else has theirs, or its shipping. Bummer.
I think they just let the Canadian BTO's fall by the side...

clayhorste
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2004, 11:24 PM

I just looked at the Fedex tracking site and it arrived in Portland at 4:30 this afternoon. Should be here on exactly Sept 29. Kinda funny.

Parky
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 05:36 AM

Mine will be here within the hour!!

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

H. Georgan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2004, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by YYZ:
Well, I guess I'll be the first to reach the final shipping date (0929) and no word from Apple. Seems like everyone else has theirs, or its shipping. Bummer.
I think they just let the Canadian BTO's fall by the side...
Not this Canadian. Got my BTO iMac 20 yesterday. Ordered on the day of the keynote and was given a ship date of Sept. 29.

Loving this computer! Going from a 12inch iBook to this is quite a change. Not even sure what to do with all this new screen real estate.

Parky
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by H. Georgan:
Not this Canadian. Got my BTO iMac 20 yesterday. Ordered on the day of the keynote and was given a ship date of Sept. 29.

Loving this computer! Going from a 12inch iBook to this is quite a change. Not even sure what to do with all this new screen real estate.
I know exactly what you mean about screen space!!
With a 15" screen to tend to make the application fill the whole screen, but with 20" apps are just to big!!

I have already changed my way of working, as I can now have more than one app visible at the same time, will save loads of app swapping.

You can see my new machine here, if you are interested :-

http://homepage.mac.com/idparkinson/PhotoAlbum101.html

Ian
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 10:47 AM

Wow, LOVE the clean look of bluetooth keybd & mouse. Just a power cord!

I guess the bluetooth KB & Mouse are extras, right?
TOMBSTONE: "He's trashed his last preferences"

Parky
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by Love Calm Quiet:
Wow, LOVE the clean look of bluetooth keybd & mouse. Just a power cord!

I guess the bluetooth KB & Mouse are extras, right?
I already had the mouse and I bought the keyboard a few days ago.
I ordered my iMac with BT installed.

I guess it would have been cheaper to order the BT package (BT module, Keyboard, Mouse), but I already had the mouse and I thought it might be useful to have the wired keyboard and mouse. They are not supplied if you order the package.

Ian

Joost
Forum Regular
Sep 29, 2004, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by Joost:
Two separate orders for 17" iMac, 1.8Ghz, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, BT built in

Ordered: 1 September
Est ship: On or before 4 October

Ordered: 11 September
Est ship: On or before 13 October

Heading "just down the road", from Shanghai to Hong Kong.
Congrats to those who've received their machines.

Me, I'll just sit on the sidelines waiting patiently, pretending not to sulk. Heck, it's only been a month. Roll on the Chinese National Day holiday on 1 October. Yeah, that'll speed things up...

Actually I'm going to Shanghai tomorrow -- my first trip there. Anyone want me to drop in at the warehouse and see how many iMacs are backed/stacked up waiting for the next stage of delivery?

Guess my orders are taking their sweet time because of the problems with some 240v power supplies. And, in fairness, they haven't yet missed the estimated ship date. Aww, enjoy your new machines people.
He that will eat the kernel must crack the nut.

Finrock
Forum Regular
Sep 29, 2004, 12:29 PM

Mine was delivered this morning! I'll be documenting the out-of-box experience and posting it online later this evening.

20" iMac G5/256/250GB/AE/BT/Wireless KB+Mouse

Ordered: 9/1
Shipped: 9/24
Delivered: 9/29

Thanks Apple!
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

PBG4 User
Senior User
Sep 29, 2004, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by Finrock:
Mine was delivered this morning! I'll be documenting the out-of-box experience and posting it online later this evening.

Thanks Apple!
Good deal!

My OOBE can be found here.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

gurman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2004, 12:50 PM

Our CTO 20-inch iMac G5 (Bluetooth, extra memory) was scheduled for deliver on or before October 12. In fact, it left the factory in Shanghai on September 24, and after following the Subic Bay free port - Osaka airport (Sennan-Shi) - Anchorage - Indianapolis route, arrived at our receiving dock today (Septmber 29).

stegic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2004, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by gurman:
Our CTO 20-inch iMac G5 (Bluetooth, extra memory) was scheduled for deliver on or before October 12. In fact, it left the factory in Shanghai on September 24, and after following the Subic Bay free port - Osaka airport (Sennan-Shi) - Anchorage - Indianapolis route, arrived at our receiving dock today (Septmber 29).

Hmmm, this sounds promising. I ordered a BTO 20" with the works (except memory, which I got from OWC) on 09/20, and the expected ship date has been 10/19 since I ordered it. Judging from this message, does anyone think it is safe to assume that, based on the scheduled 10/12 above, my *little*baby* will ship in one week time? Thoughts??

AliP
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 29, 2004, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by Finrock:

Thanks Apple!
Congrats on recieving your new iMac, i ordered the same setup but with 160GB HD and no airport on the 2/9/04 and i still have a shipping on or before the 30/9/04. C'mon Apple don't forget us in the UK although some folk here have recieved theres. It seems almost arbitary when macs are shipping as some folk who ordered after me have had theres shipped which seems inherently unfair imho
KRO
Ali P

jonbwfc1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2004, 06:01 PM

Order mine - 1.8 17" BTO with BT&AE&160HD - on the 3rd Sept. Shipping date is 'on or before 1st Oct'. Stioll haven't heard a peep since the order confirmation email. Given the date now, they're pushing it a little..

powertoburn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2004, 07:23 PM

I am still waiting for my:

IMAC G5 - 20", 512, Airport Extreme Card / Bluetooth to ship.

Ordered on 9/11 - expected ship is 10/12.

Nothing yet from Apple.

My is being sent to the USA.

YYZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2004, 08:36 AM

Just had my order delayed till Oct 5. And I ordered the morning of the 31st. I am now convinced they do not process orders as they receive them. Congrats to everyone who've got theirs, but man am I annoyed.

clayhorste
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2004, 11:32 AM

Mine just arrived yesterday. I set it up, but in the next month I will be moving, getting married and moving again into my new home. The kids think it is huge though. If it had arrived when some others got theirs I would have had some time to give it a good greeting. Oh well.

stegic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2004, 01:08 PM

OK, so I did something which may or may not indicate the degree of mental instability I have. I went through *all* the posts of this thread, and carefully made a note of what everyone was saying about their orders. In other words, I opened an Excel spreadsheet and recorded order date, ship dates and specs. From this I tried to calculate an average running "build time" in days, and for those of us who haven't had their little babies ship, I tried to guess by how many days Apple will beat their estimated ship date.

Call me crazy, but I feel like I need this birthday present sooner rather than later. And so, here is the GIF image of the Excel spreadsheet that I generated. Comments, corrections, additions appreciated, let's see if we can fix this spreadsheet with more numbers!!

[Sorry, had to remove the image]
( Last edited by stegic; Oct 7, 2004 at 04:08 PM. )

Parky
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2004, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by stegic:
OK, so I did something which may or may not indicate the degree of mental instability I have. I went through *all* the posts of this thread, and carefully made a note of what everyone was saying about their orders. In other words, I opened an Excel spreadsheet and recorded order date, ship dates and specs. From this I tried to calculate an average running "build time" in days, and for those of us who haven't had their little babies ship, I tried to guess by how many days Apple will beat their estimated ship date.

Call me crazy, but I feel like I need this birthday present sooner rather than later. And so, here is the GIF image of the Excel spreadsheet that I generated. Comments, corrections, additions appreciated, let's see if we can fix this spreadsheet with more numbers!!

Here's the image itself

No image, or it's not working.

Sorry

Ian

stegic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2004, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by Parky:
No image, or it's not working.

Sorry

Ian

Oops, try again!

Joona
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2004, 07:08 AM

ordered mine 17"/1.8gHz on 09/01, original estimated shipping date was 10/06, but it shipped yesterday on 09/30, yay!! Now we play the waiting game (for a change...)

YYZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2004, 08:26 AM

Is there anyone else who ordered on the 31st and not received their imac?

H. Georgan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2004, 04:26 PM

Is there anyone else who ordered on the 31st and not received their imac?
Any luck yet YYZ? It's odd that we both ordered on the same date from Canada and you're still waiting. Let me tell yah, it's worth the wait, though I bet you're getting a little pissed-off.

YYZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2004, 05:27 PM

Still no luck.
I just read some of the 2.5 tower shipping boards, so I don't feel too bad. Some there've been waiting for months, seems like.

pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2004, 05:45 PM

I ordered my iMac 20" 'stock' model on the 24th September, I got an e-mail saying 3-4 weeks build time, this can't be accurate can it for a stock model?? I can't wait that long!
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

Silas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2004, 09:18 PM

Here's the image itself

Well, here is my information:
Placed order at 12:09 PM on 9/2/04
Originally quoted ship date was on or before 10/1/04
Actual ship date was 9/23/04
Hard drive size is 80 GB
Received on 9/29/04 (would have been sooner but was held up in Indianapolis)
Currently typing from it

Hope this helps in some way. I would have posted my impressions but the other very positive posts from others is pretty much what I would have said. It is an excellent machine.

PEHowland
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2004, 01:58 AM

NIce idea, but I fear the data is somewhat self selecting. In other words, you only tend to hear from people on these forums who have received their iMacs and those who have received them early ("Wow - iMac arrived 10 days ahead of schedule"). I suspect the silent majority are sitting back watching the clock click ever closer to the predicted ship date and seeing nothing arrive.

FWIW, I ordered a 20" iMac with 512MB, BT and AE on 9 September, was told a shipping date of 4 Oct 04, and so far have heard nothing. Given it's now Saturday, 2 Oct, I fully expect the iMac to ship late.

Paul

Wassenaar, The Netherlands.

Home: iMac G5 1.8GHz
Work: Powermac Quad and MacbookPro 17" C2D

AliP
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 2, 2004, 03:32 AM

Originally posted by Silas:
Well, here is my information:
Placed order at 12:09 PM on 9/2/04
Originally quoted ship date was on or before 10/1/04
Actual ship date was 9/23/04
Hard drive size is 80 GB
Received on 9/29/04 (would have been sooner but was held up in Indianapolis)
Currently typing from it

Hope this helps in some way. I would have posted my impressions but the other very positive posts from others is pretty much what I would have said. It is an excellent machine.
Mine shipped on the 30th, but it appears that as Apple uses TNT in Europe we folk over here cannot track our macs until they arrive in europe as the numbers apple give for tracking do not correspond with anything on tnt's tracking facility.
KRO
Ali P
20' G5 1GB ram, 160HD BT keyboard and mouse. No airport

Parky
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2004, 06:02 AM

Originally posted by AliP:
Mine shipped on the 30th, but it appears that as Apple uses TNT in Europe we folk over here cannot track our macs until they arrive in europe as the numbers apple give for tracking do not correspond with anything on tnt's tracking facility.
KRO
Ali P
20' G5 1GB ram, 160HD BT keyboard and mouse. No airport
Europeans can track here :-

http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/

Use the first 10 digits of the number you have beginning with 8

Ian

Squidgy
Oct 2, 2004, 07:05 AM

My 20" (+ 1G/250GB/BT/APX) ordered 9/24, estimated ship on or before 10/25.
- Ken A.

AliP
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 2, 2004, 12:27 PM

Europeans can track here :-

http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/

Use the first 10 digits of the number you have beginning with 8

Ian
Parky
Many thanks for the link, now know that my iMac was booked on a flight on the1st so will hopefully be with me by next friday.
KRO
Ali P

Parky
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2004, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by AliP:
Parky
Many thanks for the link, now know that my iMac was booked on a flight on the1st so will hopefully be with me by next friday.
KRO
Ali P
I would not get your hopes up for it to arrive on Friday, mine took nine days to arrive after it's flight. You might be better expecting it on the Monday after.

Ian

AliP
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 2, 2004, 01:37 PM

I would not get your hopes up for it to arrive on Friday, mine took nine days to arrive after it's flight. You might be better expecting it on the Monday after.

Ian
I am the eternal optimist so heart says next friday whilst head says the following monday.
KRO
Ali P

exiva
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2004, 01:54 PM

i placed my order for a 20 inch iMac, 1gb Ram (2x512), 250 gb HD, Bluetooth Module, BT KB/Mouse on the 9/28 and my est. ship is 10/28 i hope it ships alot sooner
12 Inch G4 iBook | 256 MB Ram | 30 GB Hdd
Purchased January 24, 2004

GRAFF
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2004, 03:54 PM

So close and yet so far. My iMac is with TNT here in Dept. 93, however they seem to be closed over the weekend.

Here is my missing data for stegic:
order date : 22-09-2004
shipping :
Shipment Picked Up
_SHANGHAI, SH, CN
_23 Sep 2004 19:15

_Shipment Picked Up
_(CNSHA02)
_24 Sep 2004 04:34

_Depart Terminal
_LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU
_29 Sep 2004 14:40

_Cleared Customs
_DUIVEN, GE, NL
_01 Oct 2004 13:27

_Shipment Picked Up
_EINDHOVEN, NB, NL
_01 Oct 2004 21:23

_Arrive Terminal
_AULNAY-SOUS-BOIS, 93, FR
_02 Oct 2004 02:34

MHerberg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2004, 11:28 AM

My IMAC17/1.8G5/512/80G/SD/BTWLKB/LL was ordered online on 09/23/2004 at 5:47 PM PST.

It is set to ship on or before 10/25/2004.

One interesting note: I called Apple to cancel my order because I couldn't wait that long and they OFFERED to take off an additional $55. I purchased with an education discount already, so I've saved 10% on the price.

AliP
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2004, 01:29 AM

Using the K&N tracking page i can now see that my order has been sitting at shanghai airport since the 1st, it is booked on a flight. I hope its leaving today
KRO
Ali P

PEHowland
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2004, 01:44 PM

Apple have just increased the estimated ship date of my iMac from 4 October to 8 October, citing unexpected demand. My order was for a 20" with BT, AE, 512MB and 250GB from the Apple Netherlands online store.
Paul

Wassenaar, The Netherlands.

Home: iMac G5 1.8GHz
Work: Powermac Quad and MacbookPro 17" C2D

neilio
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2004, 05:31 PM

I just placed my order for a 20" w/ Bluetooth and Airport on 10/01/04, and my ship date is "on or before 11/01/04".

Neil
Cocoatech Design / Marketing
Try Path Finder, the integrated, powerful file browser for Mac OS X for free!
http://www.cocoatech.com/pf.php

YYZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2004, 06:35 PM

Woo hoo! It's shipped this morning! Leavin' China, destination unknown. Another waiting game begins...

Joost
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2004, 03:34 AM

My first order, placed 09/01/2004 per Apple's US style date format, has missed its estimated ship date of 10/04/2004.

17/1.8/1GB/160GB/SD/BT/HK

No word yet from Apple on when it might ship.

Starting to get PO'ed. Sure all will be forgotten once it's here, but still...

GRAFF
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2004, 03:38 AM

My 20" iMac arrived yesterday here in Paris. It is gorgeous. I tranfered all my data from my G4 Cube and was ready to roll in less than an hour. Did I say it is gorgeous?

(The Apple display sold with the Cube looks absolutely tiny now.)

H. Georgan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2004, 10:54 AM

Woo hoo! It's shipped this morning! Leavin' China, destination unknown. Another waiting game begins...
Good news YYZ. Mine took 5 days to get from Shanghai to Toronto, so you shouldn't be wating too long.

YYZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2004, 07:16 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping for a quick delivery. It's moving quite fast as I track it. Left Shanghai Sun eve. (our time), got to Anchorage Monday afternoon, down to Memphis just past midnight, up to Winnepeg Tuesday morning, and cleared customs at noon. Hopefully it'll be in Toronto overnight, down to their office in Cambridge Wednesday, then a short ride to Guelph.
Fingers crossed.

powertoburn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2004, 08:40 PM

When I called Apple to track my order this evening - the rep claimed it's in production and that everything is acknolowedged. That it still should ship before 10/12.

But, if it's in production doesn't that mean I should be getting it sooner?

Also, I thought the factory in Shaghai was closed a week due to Chinese National Day?

I was so close to getting a 20" with BT dongle at CompUSA but I rather have BT internal.

Squidgy
Oct 5, 2004, 09:13 PM

Update -

20" 1G/250GB/BT/ATX

Ordered 9/24, with estimated ship by 10/25
Shipped 10/5, although fedex still states delivery "on or before 10/25"
Location - Shanghai, CN
- Ken A.

Joost
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2004, 10:29 PM

Originally posted by Joost:
My first order, placed 09/01/2004 per Apple's US style date format, has missed its estimated ship date of 10/04/2004.

17/1.8/1GB/160GB/SD/BT/HK

No word yet from Apple on when it might ship.

Starting to get PO'ed. Sure all will be forgotten once it's here, but still...
Update:

Spoke with Apple. They say both machines (17/1.8/1GB/160GB/SD/BT/HK, ordered 1 and 11 Sept) are "just out of production" and should be shipped Thursday/Friday.

Forum Links
Forum Rules