Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > PS3, Wii or XB360

View Poll Results: Which ones would it have to be ?
Poll Options:
Sony PlayStation 3 203 votes (32.02%)
Nintendo Wii 329 votes (51.89%)
Microsoft XBox 360 213 votes (33.60%)
None 34 votes (5.36%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 634. You may not vote on this poll
PS3, Wii or XB360 (Page 170)
jokell82
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2010, 09:32 AM

Pretty much all racing games bore me. Burnout Paradise was OK, but I still got bored with it quickly. The only racing game series I've ever really enjoyed was Mario Kart, and really it was the battle mode that kept me hooked.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
What do you mean? I think you're the one who's having trouble reading here. You said that it took "them" 8 years to come up with rewinding a racing game. As in you were implying that it's the only change that's occurred over 8 years and it should have been around in the beginning.
Good lord. It took them 8 years to address what I see as one of the biggest flaws in sim racing games. That's what I said. Any other implications you see are totally a product of your imagination.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Pretty much all racing games bore me. Burnout Paradise was OK, but I still got bored with it quickly. The only racing game series I've ever really enjoyed was Mario Kart, and really it was the battle mode that kept me hooked.
Which Mario Kart? Battle Mode was the shit on the SNES, but it was a steaming pile of shit on the N64.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 10:34 AM

Report: Fable III Will Not Work With Kinect (At Launch)
Welcome news. When NATAL was first announced they made it sound like it'd be integral to FIII. Now I know it'll be optional and they'll have more manpower to squash the bugs that always exists in Fable games.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Sequel Coming Fall 2011
Title for third game in the trilogy also revealed: Batman - Arkham Andreas.

Jillian Michaels Fitness Game Getting Story Mode
Included for lulz

The Next Borderlands Add-on May Have Just Been Seriously Spoiled
Sounds like Ned meets Claptraps

jokell82
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Which Mario Kart? Battle Mode was the shit on the SNES, but it was a steaming pile of shit on the N64.
SNES version is always tops for me, but I didn't mind the N64 either.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2010, 02:18 PM

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer in Motion

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm excited for the game at all. Maybe the single-player, but not the multiplayer. I'm hoping that the revamped Medal of Honor gives it a run for its money.

I skipped out on Halo 3 (still have yet to even see it in action), Halo:ODST, and even Halo Wars, so I'm thinking about getting Halo 3 and ODST to play through and finally get me back on my 360 for the first time in ages. Whether or not I hop onto Halo: Reach depends heavily upon whether or not I have a large enough group of friends playing.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2010, 02:27 PM

I say skip them unless you have lots of friends still playing Halo 3 & ODST multiplayer. Reach looks like it could be the best Halo yet. Just wait for that.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 9, 2010, 02:27 PM

I really have no interest in a pre-modern shooter.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2010, 02:33 PM

What about a prequel shooter?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
SNES version is always tops for me, but I didn't mind the N64 either.
N64 Mario Kart was my first video game. I still enjoy Mario Kart on the Wii.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2010, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
I say skip them unless you have lots of friends still playing Halo 3 & ODST multiplayer. Reach looks like it could be the best Halo yet. Just wait for that.
That's the thing: I'm not really looking into the multiplayer aspects of the games. I'm just wanting to catch up on the Halo story.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 10, 2010, 10:36 AM

I'm sure some YouTube videos could do that for you.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 10, 2010, 11:12 AM

I imagine most people here would argue that this is an uncommon situation, but it still brings up some good points about PSN, PSN Plus, and while it doesn't mention it, an obstacle for the casual gamer.

It only delays: the frustrations of Sony's PS3 firmware
When it comes to high definition, multiplatform console games, you have a choice: you can go Sony or you can go Microsoft. Frankly, I'm starting to think even Sony wants you to choose Microsoft. Why does it feel like I'm being punished every time I try to play a game on my PlayStation 3?

The last time I tried to play a game on the console, I was forced to download a mandatory update, which added a feature I didn't care about. (The update gave Sony the ability to suggest things to me. Gee, thanks.) The process took 30 minutes.

Then I had to actually download the game from the PlayStation Store, which took an amazingly long time compared to what I'm used to from Xbox Live or Steam. When I saw just how slowly the download was moving, I was tempted to buy it on the Xbox 360 with my own money instead of using the review code supplied to Ars, but I persevered.

All told, it was over an hour before I was actually playing the game. On any other system, it would have been minutes.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 10, 2010, 11:38 AM

Blockbuster Rolls Out Games-By-Mail Nationwide
Plans start at $8.95 a month for one game or movie out at a time, the same price as game rental service GameFly's one game at a time plan, as well as rival Netflix's one at a time plus free streaming plan.
Isn't this significantly cheaper than GameFly? (The article says otherwise, but a quick perusal of their site confirms the 1 at a time is $16). There's gotta be fine print on this.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2010, 11:45 AM

I'd definitely agree that some of the updates are annoying, but I'm kind of doubting the "30 minute" claim. I've never waited that long. Also, the downloadable games I've bought have taken roughly the same amount of time to download from PSN as comparable games do for XBL.

However...

I got legitimately angry about about a week ago when I joined up with some guys for some Uncharted 2 multiplayer. It's been about two months since I last played, so it starting "syncing LiveData." This went on for about 12 minutes, and I was receiving text messages about where I was and what was taking so long the entire time. They eventually started a match without me about 90 seconds before it was done. I had to wait in a lobby until they finished a Plunder match (Plunder, by the way, is the best multiplayer mode I've played with a group of friends in a long, long time--on any game).

What DOES bother me:
- Still no cross-game chat.
- No grid-style selection for PSN games.
- Not enough PS3 games-on-demand (although inFAMOUS was a great addition).
- No ESPN3 support coming in the future (yet).

What I love about PSN:
- The UI. It's cleaner and simpler than XBL's. The only negative I can think of is that the icons lag a bit when you first select the games slide.
- The consistency. I hate that XBL has the blades interface, but changing settings bring up the old (lower-res) menu. The XMB keeps it consistent and uncluttered.
- Trophies > Achievements. With bronze, silver, gold, and platinum trophies, you can see if people are conquering the more difficult challenges at a glance instead of scrolling through their achievements.
- PSN Store. It's categorized in a way that makes sense.
- The users. I know this one is highly debatable, but I seem to run into more immaturity on XBL than on PSN. I don't know if it's the Halo crowd seeping into every crevasse of XBL, but doucebaggery seems to be a lot more common.

Also, I'm definitely getting some value out of Playstation Plus so far. I've probably recouped $30 out of the $50 spent so far.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 10, 2010, 11:50 AM

Why am I not surprised you have PSN Plus. Are on-demand games competitively priced or are they as much of a joke as MSs?

As far as maturity, I bet that's part demographics (for a system that cost a mint when it came out) and part the lack a dedicated online community (if you want multi you go 360) and part just having less people in general.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2010, 12:21 PM

Why am I not surprised you have PSN Plus. Are on-demand games competitively priced or are they as much of a joke as MSs?
They're a joke, but there's also not nearly enough of them. inFAMOUS is $30, same as shelf price.

So far, I've picked up Wipeout HD (free, $20 value), Super Stardust HD ($5, $10 value), PS1 Classic - Crash Bandicoot (free, $10 value), and Mortal Kombat II ($2.50, $5 value).

Games I wouldn't have downloaded if they weren't free, but did and have actually enjoyed: Critter Crunch, Syphon Filter, Rally Cross.

As far as maturity, I bet that's part demographics (for a system that cost a mint when it came out) and part the lack a dedicated online community (if you want multi you go 360) and part just having less people in general.
True points for sure, although the gap has narrowed significantly in the past year. When I first bought my PS3, it felt like there was no one out there. Now, even with MW2 still eating up a lot of the multiplayer time, I can still find quick matches in all modes on UC2 and even Fat Princess.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 10, 2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
So far, I've picked up Wipeout HD (free, $20 value), Super Stardust HD ($5, $10 value), PS1 Classic - Crash Bandicoot (free, $10 value), and Mortal Kombat II ($2.50, $5 value).

Games I wouldn't have downloaded if they weren't free, but did and have actually enjoyed: Critter Crunch, Syphon Filter, Rally Cross.
Tell me, do the discounted games disappear after you cancel your membership? Pretty sure the free ones do.

True points for sure, although the gap has narrowed significantly in the past year. When I first bought my PS3, it felt like there was no one out there. Now, even with MW2 still eating up a lot of the multiplayer time, I can still find quick matches in all modes on UC2 and even Fat Princess.
Wait, I thought all your friends played MW2 on the 360? Anyway the secret to UC2's strong multi population (though I wonder what it looks like in comparison to the Live Top games) is likely due to exclusivity and it's being far and away one of the best multiplayer games on the console.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2010, 02:17 PM

Tell me, do the discounted games disappear after you cancel your membership? Pretty sure the free ones do.
The discounted games remain, as well as trophies for both free/discounted games like MAG (ugh), UC2, etc.

Wait, I thought all your friends played MW2 on the 360? Anyway the secret to UC2's strong multi population (though I wonder what it looks like in comparison to the Live Top games) is likely due to exclusivity and it's being far and away one of the best multiplayer games on the console.
I mean that the MW2 community takes players away from other multiplayer-heavy games.

Most of my 360-based friends do play MW2 on 360, but my PS3 friends favor UC2. Also, lot of people around here (LA) seem to be picking up PS3s ever since the price drop, so my friends list isn't quite as sparse as it once was.

It's definitely a difference experience than MW2. I would say I enjoy them both almost equally, but it's definitely not a twitch shooter. It requires a lot of teamwork and flexible strategies. I switch between them both.

Also, I'm sure UC2's community pales in comparison to the top 5 XBL games.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 11, 2010, 10:16 AM

Wednesday News

Modern Warfare 2 glitch unlocks five SNK XBLA games | Joystiq
Somehow, running Modern Warfare 2 coincidentally fools the system into thinking it's authorized to temporarily unlock full versions of Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug XX, and Samurai Shodown II.
The glitches in this game are amazing. This glitch is Gears of War quality.

Rumor: Borderlands Studio Reviving Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Forever, according to sources who wished to remain anonymous, is now in the hands of Gearbox and is planned to be released under the studio's name. Gearbox was outed as the developer of the apparently scrapped Duke Nukem spin-off Duke Begins earlier this year.

Activision: Call of Duty Creator Infinity Ward Will 'Rise From The Ashes'
Stohl says it will support the hard hit studios, but that "we don't want to tamper with that group of people."
Uh, too late dude. Also, see Rare and whatever studio IW founders left behind at EA for previous examples of how well these situations go.

GoldenEye On Wii Gets A Golden Controller

I wonder why they didn't go with a Wiimote...

Latest Borderlands DLC Revealed And Detailed
In Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, players must put down a deadly mechanical uprising. A civil war has broken out between an armada lead by Hyperion Corporation and the Claptraps lead by the Ninja Assassin.

Rumor
Aug 11, 2010, 12:00 PM

Can you post any Borderlands news in the appropriate thread? I hate you. Thanks.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 11, 2010, 12:01 PM

Eh, I haven't quite figured out where to post that kind of news. I feel like its better to post that kind of news in this general thread as I suspect it gets the most traffic.

Edit: ...and I'm not fond of cross-posting.

Rumor
Aug 11, 2010, 12:03 PM

I am glad you aren't my employee. I'd hate to pay for 15k+ posts on the NN.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 11, 2010, 12:04 PM

BTW, this thread is still appropriate.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 12, 2010, 04:17 PM

Brien
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2010, 04:55 PM

Looks neat.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 13, 2010, 10:24 AM

Friday News: NPD Edition

July NPD: Xbox 360 takes the lead, first time since Sept. '07 | Joystiq

360: 444K, down 9K (-2%)
DS: 398K, down 113K (-22%)
Wii: 254K, down 169K (-40%)
PS3: 215K, down 90K (-30%)
PSP: 84K, down 37K (-31%)

Most notably, that July sales surge resulted in a minor 2% drop in Xbox sales while every other console suffered double digit drops. This, as you can see in our lineup below, has earned the Xbox 360 the rare opportunity to best the Nintendo DS as the best-selling piece of video game hardware last month. To put things in perspective, NPD analyst Anita Frazier notes, "It's the first time since September '07 (Halo 3 launch) that the 360 was the top-selling hardware platform."
NCAA Football 11 – Xbox 360 – EA – 368K
NCAA Football 11 – PS3 – EA – 299K
Crackdown 2 – Xbox 360 – Microsoft – 209K
Super Mario Galaxy 2 – Wii – Nintendo – 193K
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – DS – WBIE – 142K
Red Dead Redemption – Xbox 360 – Take-Two
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – Wii – WBIE
Dragon Quest IX– DS – Nintendo
New Super Mario Bros. Wii – Wii – Nintendo
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – Xbox 360 – Activision

Weak, weak month for software. The PS3 nearly got shut out. Typical August, though.
(Semi-related note: Since the NPD restructured their format kotaku has stopped reporting on it. Not sure why or what it means, but its interesting as I think the NPD as a dick measuring contest must drive some serious pageviews)

Video Interview: Ken Levine, on BioShock Infinite | Joystiq
Rapture was a bit of a fake, in a sense that you never engaged with the ocean in a real way. That was a function of the engine
and the time we had to make it. I think people, with some justification, criticized us for that. And we said that if we're going to do a city in the sky, it has to be in the sky. In our engine, buildings actually float. Buildings can actually collapse. Buildings you're standing on can collapse out of the sky. Every surface is floating. The scale of the space. The fact that you can fight fifteen enemies at once, where you're used to fighting one or two guys in a corridor in BioShock 1.

Zombies Return To Call Of Duty?

Looks like sek is getting this game.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2010, 06:18 PM

Hmmm, the wording concerns me.

If they simply ported the 4 maps I've already played to death then I'm not very excited.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 13, 2010, 06:58 PM

I think it's a bonus to be used in addition to the new zombie maps.

Oh, what would you say if I told you its going to have a theater and forge mode?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2010, 10:52 PM

New Zombies would be enough, as long as it's not a tired re-hash. The rest is gravy.

So WTF, am I actually going to have to buy this game too? I hope Portal 2 takes long to release because I'll have enough on my plate come fall/winter.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 17, 2010, 10:27 AM

PlayStation 3 Slim Packs On 40GBs [Update]
GameStop is carrying the upgraded version of the console now, seemingly a replacement for the base 120GB model that has been on offer in North America. Sony has a press conference scheduled for Tuesday at Gamescom. So don't be surprised if a few more things are "just announced" soon.

Update: Looks like GameStop has yoinked the listing for that newish model of the PS3. Perhaps that announcement wasn't ready for prime time.

Red Steel Dev: No More Than 20 Percent Of Gamers 'Are Willing To Move'
"There is a small group of people that is willing to get up and move and exert themselves for fun," VandenBerghe said, according to Edge Online. "We had to ask ourselves: how many gamers are willing to move? I don't know how many there are, but it's no higher than 20 per cent. That's actually probably optimistic."

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2010, 11:39 AM

and in other news...

Mass Effect 2 PS3 Trailer

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 17, 2010, 04:22 PM

Gamasutra - News - Sony Unveils 160GB, 320GB PS3 Models Ahead Of Move Launch
What we'll be getting instead of a price-cut this holiday season.

Resistance 3 officially announced | Joystiq
In case anyone here played the predecessor.

InFamous 2 Gamescom trailer takes us to the house of the rising cyclone | Joystiq
I get the feeling Sony had an event at Gamescom today.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
and in other news...

Mass Effect 2 PS3 Trailer
Yeah, yeah, PS3 gets it late, blah, blah...

I've actually held off on buying it just in case this became true.

PlayStation 3 Slim Packs On 40GBs [Update]

It still makes the PS3 a lot more useful to buy the smallest-drive model and put in a $79 500GB.

Red Steel Dev: No More Than 20 Percent Of Gamers 'Are Willing To Move'
In other words, we're all fat blobs.

Confirmed.

Gamasutra - News - Sony Unveils 160GB, 320GB PS3 Models Ahead Of Move Launch
What we'll be getting instead of a price-cut this holiday season.
That was about as likely as Nintendo dropping the price of Twilight Princess four years after its launch. Thpt.

Resistance 3 officially announced | Joystiq
In case anyone here played the predecessor.
STILL haven't gotten around to it. Maybe never will. Killzone 2 looks more interesting.

InFamous 2 Gamescom trailer takes us to the house of the rising cyclone | Joystiq
I get the feeling Sony had an event at Gamescom today.
As an inFAMOUS fanboy, this made me make an "EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" sound.

That's going to be the first game I wind up getting a platinum trophy for, as soon as I can find all those freaking blast shards.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 17, 2010, 09:53 PM

Single Player First Look at Medal of Honor

The campaign has three distinct 'parts' which will be told from two different perspectives. The overall goal of the people and squads involved is the hunt for Al Quaeda operatives Perhaps bearing the recent DICE publicity , executive producer Greg Goodrich remarked that the game is conducted with the utmost respect for those currently serving:

"We're still telling the soliders' story, doing it right and honouring a community of individuals as we've always done. It's inspired by real events, but it's a fictional story in an actual conflict."

The first of the two perspectives is that of an Army AFO squad. When we first see the AFO unit arrive, they're under heavy fire as insertion is carried out via airborne transport. After this we also see all terrain ATV style vehicles which will be player controlled (think Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and the snowmobiles).

Speaking of Call of Duty when asked to draw an inevitable comparison between the campaign structure featured within and Medal of Honor's own story telling, Goodrich remarked that they were going for a more 'authentic' tone which was altogether more 'plausible', but would not mean the game was necessarily 'realistic'.

"There's a difference between authenticity and realism. You can have authentic weapons and authentic sounds and locations and tactics... but sometimes realism goes out the door when you have three or four weapons droppped on your back and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. We try to remain authentic."
More authentic eh?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 18, 2010, 10:27 AM

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit gameplay footage will get your heart racing | Joystiq
Wish I could watch this at work.

Gran Turismo 5 Adds Course Creation, Kart Racing
Instead, Gran Turismo 5's Course Maker lets you build a custom racetrack based on a set of parameters. Players can select a theme, choose the number of sections and course type (one way or loop), weather, time of day and length. Two of the themes shown off were Toscany and the Belgian High Fens.

The Course Maker lets you edit that track section-by-section, choosing the frequency of curves, course width, sharpness of corners, degree of topography tracing, and bank angles. Those choices are set by sliders or drop down lists. Yamauchi created a pair of custom tracks, both with the same theme but with different parameters. He quickly took each for a test drive, illustrating how quickly a player could create two very different courses.

360 Avatars Being Redesigned
It's not a technical issue with the camera; instead, it's apparently an issue with player perception, because the avatar's pudgy little cartoon proportions aren't like those of our more elongated selves. So people's hand-eye coordination in certain games "broke".
The close release gets, the more ****ed I think Kinect is.

Bulletstorm Unleashes Hail Of New Media

The only FPS to catch my eye the past few months.

Why Sony's Move offers gamers more than Microsoft's Kinect
Move will engage the hardcore gamers

Microsoft wants your daughter to pet a cheetah with the Kinect. Sony, in contrast, wants you to play Time Crisis Razing Storm, Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, SOCOM 4, Echochrome 2, Resident Evil 5, and Heavy Rain with the PlayStation Move. Microsoft could very well have a large collection of hardcore games being worked on for the Kinect, but how many can you name right now? [Note: Our own Andrew Webster brings up Child of Eden, but that's also coming to the Move.] How long will we wait until they are ready?

I've been lucky enough to spend a good amount of time with both technologies, and while I was waving and dancing and swaying in front of the Kinect I was having a good time, but it was clear that this wasn't a technology that was designed with gamers like me in mind.

Be honest—how many of these games would grab your eye in the store?
On the other hand, playing Time Crisis on the PlayStation 3 with the Move at E3 felt great, with the trigger firing my gun and the large top button used for cover, and the graphics were much better than what similar light-gun style games on the Wii can deliver. I look forward to re-playing Resident Evil 5 and Heavy Rain with Motion Controls. I played SOCOM 4 with the Move and loved using it to aim and tell my teammates where to go.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 18, 2010, 10:31 AM

In other words, we're all fat blobs.

Confirmed.
Got nothing to do with fat. Well, maybe in the south.

That was about as likely as Nintendo dropping the price of Twilight Princess four years after its launch. Thpt.
Maybe. The new xbox seems to be canceling out the Slim's previous effect.

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Maybe its me but the hype for the game seems missing. It'll probably still out sell all but marquee games this fall but I'm not sure it will be raved about.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Yeah, I'm just not sure about the game. I'm going to wait on reviews/community to even think about buying it.

Meh. Looked like same ol' NFS to me.

360 Avatars Being Redesigned

The close release gets, the more ****ed I think Kinect is.
Correct.

Also, if Avatars become more realistically proportioned, that means they might wind up looking more like Playstation home avatars, which is to say "incredibly boring."

That's how I've been feeling about Kinect from day one. Waving a Wii remote or Move controller around is one thing, but seeing people flail about without controllers, looking like idiots...doesn't sound like any hardcore game is going to be incorporating that crap. Ever.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2010, 12:15 PM

Killzone 3 Multipayer...lookin' good.

Killzone 3's Multiplayer Looks Like This

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2010, 02:08 PM

Kicking it with Kinect Sports Soccer

ut first, I had to get calibrated.

At six feet, six inches tall, most people have no problem seeing me. Kinect is not most people. I ended up having to stand pretty far back from the unit before it fully registered my form, though the crowd of folks milling about behind me certainly didn't help.
Okay, so this means in my very small house, I would have to move my couch out of the way, and stand somewhere in my kitchen for this to be able to register me from head to toe.

The Kinect really, really sounds like it sucks, and it's a shame that Microsoft is investing so much of its resources into it.
OR I'm a Sony fanboy and I'm actually giggly over their stupidity.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 18, 2010, 02:23 PM

Kicking it with Kinect Sports Soccer
Okay, so this means in my very small house, I would have to move my couch out of the way, and stand somewhere in my kitchen for this to be able to register me from head to toe.
So its like the Wii, only worse.

I also find the same problem with a four man Rock Band set-up.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2010, 04:19 PM

So its like the Wii, only worse.

I also find the same problem with a four man Rock Band set-up.
Exactly.

I guess with the economy doing so well, we just don't know how to fill up all the empty space in our massive houses.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 20, 2010, 10:21 AM

Would You Like Some More Gran Turismo 5 Screens?
I guess it really is going to release this fall, the PR machine seems to be spinning up to full speed.

Video Game Tracks How Long You Stare At Playboy Centerfolds
Busted.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2010, 01:43 PM

Would You Like Some More Gran Turismo 5 Screens?
I guess it really is going to release this fall, the PR machine seems to be spinning up to full speed.
If the kart racing aspect actually turns out to be a blast, I might wind up eating my words about GT5.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 20, 2010, 01:46 PM

I always thought the Rally was fun (though unrealistic). But it'd still be niche, right?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 20, 2010, 03:36 PM

Halo: Reach snagged early from Microsoft's servers | Joystiq
Continuing in the sad tradition of Halo 2 and 3 before it, Halo: Reach has apparently been leaked. Modders at Game-Tut.com found a way to trick Microsoft's servers, which are currently hosting the full game download. The download is intended for select media and only accessible with a code -- well, until Game-Tut apparently cracked that security measure. The site has yet to openly leak the files to the general public.
Impressive. Also, we'll see if this sets back the digital download movement.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 20, 2010, 04:32 PM

Ha ha. Love the pic in the Joystiq article.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2010, 10:39 PM

I always thought the Rally was fun (though unrealistic). But it'd still be niche, right?
I had more fun with Rally than the rest of the game.

Also, I'm sure Sony is happy about Gamescon: Gran Turismo 5 takes top GamesCom 2010 Award

GamesCom 2010 Awards are in and the Best Console Game is Gran Turismo 5. Best PC Game goes to Crysis 2 while Guild Wars 2 takes Best Online Game. Super Scribblenauts takes home the prize for Best Mobile Game, while Kirby's Epic yarn is walking away with Best of Family Entertainment. And the Hardware Accessories goes to...

...the PlayStation Move. That's right, not the Kinect.
Infamous 2, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Gran Turismo 5, Mass Effect 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, the Move actually works decently, and the PSP 2 prototype was apparently shown backdoors and is something different. The foreseeable future is looking bright for us PS3 fans.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2010, 05:09 AM

Portal 2 delayed until February 2011
Yeah it sucks but at least now I don't have to choose between this and Halo Reach. Did anyone else notice that the voice of the little orb robot is different in this video? I like the old one better.

A small clip of Portal 2 Co-Op
Those robots remind me of Mike & Sulley from Monsters Inc.

"The Sacrifice" - New DLC announced for Left 4 Dead
The expansion is designed to work with both Left 4 Dead games, so if you've only got one of them, it doesn't matter, you'll be able to download and play this.
( Last edited by Stogieman; Aug 21, 2010 at 05:29 AM. )

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2010, 12:58 PM

Nice! Now I can pretend Bill never died in L4D. He was my fav character!

Forum Links
Forum Rules