Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Police discrimination, misconduct, Ferguson, MO, the Roman Legion, and now math???

Police discrimination, misconduct, Ferguson, MO, the Roman Legion, and now math??? (Page 26)
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 11, 2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
A cop that dives onto the hood of a car and unloads into the driver through the windshield? And then claims that he "feared for his life"? Sounds eerily familiar to the infamous "Jack and the Box" case here in STL where Bob McCulloch failed to indict those two officers. And then was busted lying to the public about the nature of the grand jury testimony.

OAW
Barely related: Staten Island DA Didn't Ask Garner Grand Jury to Consider Reckless Endangerment Charge: Source | NBC New York
Staten Island's top prosecutor did not ask grand jurors to consider a reckless endangerment charge in the chokehold death of Eric Garner, a source familiar with the case told NBC 4 New York.

District Attorney Daniel Donovan only asked grand jurors to consider manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide charges against NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo, the cop seen on widely-watched amateur video wrapping his arm around Garner's neck as the heavyset, asthmatic 43-year-old yelled, "I can't breathe!" nearly a dozen times during the July 17 confrontation, the source said.
Assuming this is true (and reminiscent of the Zimmerman trial), purposely setting the bar high knowing it can't be cleared?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2014, 04:16 PM

I thought I posted a similar article earlier? Maybe not. In any event, that's exactly what the DA is doing. How is using a chokehold that is BANNED by the NYPD for this very reason not AT LEAST "reckless endangerment"?

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2014, 04:41 PM

Congressional staffers plan to walk off their jobs Thursday afternoon to show their support for the families of Michael Brown and Eric Garner in the wake of the decision by two grand juries not to indict the police officers responsible for their deaths, according to three staffers who plan to participate in the event.

The planned walkout comes after days of protests across the country, including in Washington, D.C., where demonstrators have marched through downtown, blocking roads and bridges on an almost nightly basis since last Wednesday's decision by a grand jury in Staten Island not to indict Officer Daniel Pantaleo in the chokehold death of Garner.

"We're proud to have this moment of solidarity with the families of Michael Brown and Eric Garner and the thousands of peaceful protesters around the country who are telling this country that black lives matter," said one staffer who was helping to plan the event.

The Congressional Asian Pacific American Staff Association and the Congressional Hispanic Staff Association joined black staffers and the Congressional Black Associates in planning the event, which is set to take place at 3:30 p.m., and is expected to draw at least 50 people. A staffer who planned to attend the protest said it was important to show support across racial lines.

"I believe it's important, because what affects one community really affects the entire country," the staffer told CNN. "It's not just one group of minorities that's affected. How one group is treated affects Asians, Hispanics, women. It's important that we show our solidarity and come together and really speak out about the injustices that are being done."

The group will gather in front of the Capitol and plan to take a photo at 3:45 p.m. U.S. Senate Chaplain Barry Black is expected to pray for the grieving families and to pray for peace.

"We're not trying to cause any type of controversy," one staffer told CNN. "We're just trying to highlight this issue, to show solidarity with people who have been affected."

Chaplain Black has drawn attention before for his topical prayers. Last year during the budget battle that shut down the government for 16 days, he opened each session with a prayer appealing the lawmakers to end the impasse.

"Obviously, there are probably some people who feel that my prayers should not have been as pointed as they were," Black told CNN's Anderson Cooper after the shutdown had ended. "My prayers simply reflect the reality of the environment that I am in."

Black could not be reached immediately reached for comment ahead of the event.
Minority congressional staffers plan walkout - CNN.com

UPDATE:

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2014, 05:24 PM

Another example of a cop being "wound too tightly" ...

A 36-year-old Baltimore woman claims she was tased by police and arrested while filming the arrest of a man with her mobile phone, according to a lawsuit to be served on the Baltimore City Police Department as early as Thursday.

Video of the March 30 melee surfaced online this week. Police erased the 135-second recording from the woman's phone, but it was recovered from her cloud account, according to the Circuit Court for Baltimore City lawsuit (PDF), which seeks $7 million.

Kianga Mwamba was driving home from a family gathering in March. Stopped in traffic, she began filming the nearby arrest of a man who she says was kicked by police.

"You telling me I can't record," the woman says on the video as police tell her to move on.

"I'll park. I'll park. I'll park," the woman is heard saying in her own recording.

All of a sudden an officer says, "Out of the car. Out of the car."

She was yanked out. "He burning me. He burning me," the woman is heard screaming.

The lawsuit comes as at least one state, Illinois, moves to ban the recording of the police amid calls across the nation for cops to be equipped with body cameras to help prevent future police scuffles resulting in deaths. President Barack Obama has also weighed in on the issue, announcing last week that the administration would provide $75 million in funding to police departments to purchase body cameras. Even before Obama's announcement, local police departments were gobbling them up as fast as they could in the aftermath of the Ferguson, Missouri death of Michael Brown.

Mwamba was arrested on charges of assault for allegedly trying to run over two officers. Charges were dropped, and she suffered cuts and bruises.

At the end of the tape, an officer says, "You a dumb bitch, you know that?"

"What did I do?" she asks.

"You just tried to run over an officer," the officer responds.

While in custody, she gave her phone to an officer to show the video that she didn't try to run over anybody. The video was allegedly erased from the phone in what her attorney, Joshua Insley, described in a telephone interview as a "coverup."

The police department said in a statement that the language the officer used was "both offensive and unacceptable."

"The video does not capture enough information to draw definitive conclusions about what transpired before, during, and after the arrest," the department said. "What is clear is that the language used is unacceptable and will not be tolerated."

The suit, filed last week, said the police "attacked" the woman, "dragged" her from her vehicle, and "threw her onto the street, handcuffed her, tasered her, called her a 'dumb bitch,' and kept her restrained."

The suit says the officers arrested Mwamba and "threw her face-down on the street" to "prevent the disclosure of the video taken of them beating a handcuffed man."

That handcuffed man was 27-year-old Cordell Bruce, who faces assault charges on allegations of striking an officer outside a nightclub—charges Bruce denies. The video does not capture him being beaten by police.

Cops use taser on woman while she recorded arrest of another man | ARS Technica.com

And this is how crooked ass cops roll! This lady stops in traffic to film the cops beating a handcuffed man. When they notice her several cops approach and tell her to park and get out of the street. Key sequence right here ...

Male Cop: You need to pull your car over.

Lady: I'm getting ready to pull over.

Female Cop: Pull your car over right here.

Male Cop: Ok. Pull your car over right now ma'am!!

Lady: How can I pull my car over right here and the police are right here?

Lady: Why would you do that???!!!!!!!! ::::: you hear them go after her now :::::::::

Male Cop: Give me your f*cking hands! Out of the car! Out of the car!
And then they turn around and claim she tried to run over the other cops! Shady any way you slice it.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Dec 11, 2014 at 05:43 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2014, 06:22 PM

Agent provocateurs? Had a lot of that going down in Ferguson too when the looting and violence jumped off.

Bolton, though, said the men were not Oakland police officers. Frank Bonifacio, an Oakland police spokesman, said the department responded to “a request for assistance made by an outside agency near Bay and Harrison Streets in Oakland.”

“We have received a number of questions about the incident,” Bonifacio said in an e-mail Thursday. “We are referring all inquiries regarding this incident to the California Highway Patrol.”

CHP officials did not return calls for comment.

Short said the undercover officers were wearing sweats and had their faces covered. After the shorter officer tackled the person who attacked him, he pulled out a set of handcuffs. The taller man then radioed for help, Short said.

Prior to the encounter, vandals marching with the group had smashed the windows of a T-Mobile store in Oakland’s Chinatown neighborhood and made off with some of the store’s merchandise, Short said. A nearby Wells Fargo ATM was also smashed.

Several protesters took to Twitter to say that the undercover officers had instigated acts of vandalism, and were banging on windows alongside others.
Undercover cops outed, attacked at Oakland protest — 1 pulls gun - SFGate

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2014, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I think it depends where. I think you'd agree.
I don't believe it does. Sensitive, trusting, decent people don't generally want to become metro cops, and crappy pay doing a dangerous job is crappy pay doing a dangerous job.

Right, so at least we could start punishing them when they misbehave as a start.
You're still going to run out of cops. Then what? You can't make someone join the police.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

pooka
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2014, 09:39 PM

Ok, Fox News...
Photographer captures stunning moment when undercover cop pulls gun on Oakland protesters

Slightly different angle. This reminds me of the protest kiss photo.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2014, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
You're still going to run out of cops. Then what? You can't make someone join the police.
Maybe I'm misreading you here, or maybe you're getting caught up in DA BS, but for a man who said we should fire a couple of real world incidents a page ago, now you're saying we can't do that because we'll run out of cops. The logic of that statement is lost on me.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2014, 11:06 AM

Agent provocateurs?
I'll wait til more comes out on this, but hahaha.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 12, 2014, 12:23 PM

Maybe I'm misreading you here, or maybe you're getting caught up in DA BS, but for a man who said we should fire a couple of real world incidents a page ago, now you're saying we can't do that because we'll run out of cops. The logic of that statement is lost on me.
You can't fire/prosecute every cop who's done anything questionable, people make mistakes, but a high profile example wouldn't be a bad idea if a precinct is getting out of hand. Beating a bound woman is inexcusable, as is abusing someone with Down syndrome (akin to beating up a 5 y/o).

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 12, 2014, 12:42 PM

I think sometimes police develop a "Pack Mentality" and go overboard because of it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
You can't fire/prosecute every cop who's done anything questionable, people make mistakes, but a high profile example wouldn't be a bad idea if a precinct is getting out of hand. Beating a bound woman is inexcusable, as is abusing someone with Down syndrome (akin to beating up a 5 y/o).
I really don't feel we're that far apart here. I don't think I've alluded to wanting a lot of cops fired for even minor infractions, what I'm looking to see is more accountability to instill better discipline and that requires doling out some actual punishment. And doing so without the need for being shamed into doing so by the media or protests.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 12, 2014, 01:01 PM

But on the other side......

Facebook Video Shows Teens Slapping, Taunting Older Man On CTA Train « CBS Chicago

Good case for a butt kicking. 3 cowards obviously.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2014, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
But on the other side......
This has literally nothing to do with cops or this thread. What the ****, man?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 12, 2014, 02:12 PM

This has literally nothing to do with cops or this thread. What the ****, man?
The BEHAVIOR of the black community is the reason for the response from the police. Ignoring the immature, violent behavior of them is not actually addressing the problem. Did you forget the number of "Knock-Out" incidents where gangs of young black men attacked and knocked out elderly or smaller white people? What kid of response do you want against people like that? A pardon? Free parting gifts?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2014, 02:36 PM

We just had this conversation. You never responded.

Live by the sword, DIE by the sword. By your standards we should just let criminals go do whatever....
Oh please, elucidate for me where that was inferred.
What kid of response do you want against people like that? A pardon? Free parting gifts?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2014, 02:39 PM

The BEHAVIOR of the black community is the reason for the response from the police.
You're using racism to excuse and justify police misconduct.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 12, 2014, 03:56 PM

Agent provocateurs?
OAW
Whoa, are you saying it was a false flag plot? That's venturing into Alex Jones territory
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 12, 2014, 07:01 PM

I'm saying that the news reports are saying that Oakland protestors WITNESSED these guys in the crowds instigating people to violence. When the protestors peeped game and outed them as undercover PD some in the crowd started to surround them. That's when the situation got out of hand.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2014, 07:49 AM

45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2014, 08:07 AM

You're using racism to excuse and justify police misconduct.
NO. It wouldn't matter what race.. BEHAVIOR is the key. Nobody wants to air the black communities problems or try to find ways to improve and help them get past it. The Democrats and race baiters have used the AA community as a tool of intimidation for decades. Until THEY see this what can be done?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2014, 11:48 AM

NO. It wouldn't matter what race.. BEHAVIOR is the key. Nobody wants to air the black communities problems or try to find ways to improve and help them get past it. The Democrats and race baiters have used the AA community as a tool of intimidation for decades. Until THEY see this what can be done?
This NOLO Saints player tried to sugggest a solution, but his feed was suddenly "lost."

Uninerrupted interview with Watson.

45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 13, 2014, 12:50 PM

It is not the black community's problems, it is America's problems.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 14, 2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Really? What other groups other than the easily fooled and low IQ types riot, burn down businesses, intimidate others and Protest about "black lives have value" while black communities suffer very high rates of black-on-black violence that continues? If they REALLY believed this the killings and violence should stop, or at least slow down. Obama didn't get the results he wanted by fanning the flames over the Zimmerman case, so now its this, with Rev. Al, Obama, Holder and the rest of the race baiting creeps fanning the flames now. That Obama is even listening to Al Tawana Sharpton, like he listened to Rev. Wright for 20 years makes this whole deal suspect.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2014, 11:14 AM

[tinfoilhat]Obama needs massive unrest to nationalize local and state police into his "national civilian security force" he mentioned in the 2008 camapign. [/tinfoilhat]
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2014, 12:46 PM

Really? What other groups other than the easily fooled and low IQ types riot, burn down businesses, intimidate others and Protest about "black lives have value" while black communities suffer very high rates of black-on-black violence that continues? If they REALLY believed this the killings and violence should stop, or at least slow down. Obama didn't get the results he wanted by fanning the flames over the Zimmerman case, so now its this, with Rev. Al, Obama, Holder and the rest of the race baiting creeps fanning the flames now. That Obama is even listening to Al Tawana Sharpton, like he listened to Rev. Wright for 20 years makes this whole deal suspect.

There is nothing inherent in skin color that brings about violence, it is the environment, social class/stratification, culture/history, etc.

You can't look at the AA community, poor people, welfare recipients, muslim population, liberals, or whatever population you may not particularly care for and just try to separate them. They are a part of America, therefore this is an American problem.
( Last edited by besson3c; Dec 14, 2014 at 01:42 PM. )

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2014, 04:22 PM

In a "nutshell", Ben Watson is saying "No Jesus, no peace, Know Jesus, know peace"
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2014, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
In a "nutshell", Ben Watson is saying "No Jesus, no peace, Know Jesus, know peace"

And, as we've covered, there are a very large number of black Christians.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2014, 10:28 PM

And, as we've covered, there are a very large number of black Christians.
and as you said:
Going to Church on Sunday is one thing, living it during the rest of the week is another.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2014, 10:45 PM

Going to Church on Sunday is one thing, living it during the rest of the week is another.

Maybe the problem is too much Jesus then, or "Jesus" if you think that their Jesus isn't the right kind of Jesus.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2014, 11:05 PM

You can never have too much Jesus.
Matthew 7
A Tree and Its Fruit
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. 18 A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will know them by their fruits.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2014, 11:12 PM

You can never have too much Jesus.
Matthew 7

I suppose you feel the same way about guns?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2014, 11:29 PM

I suppose you feel the same way about guns?
And knives, machetes, hammers, and especially shovels.

45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 06:55 AM

Maybe the problem is too much Jesus then, or "Jesus" if you think that their Jesus isn't the right kind of Jesus.
I don't know very many people who live Christian lives, there are far more who proclaim Christianity without bearing the fruit of it. The ones who do, however, are some of the finest human beings I know, right up there with the most devout Taoists.

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 15, 2014, 09:46 AM

My mother's family is like this. These are hardcore, orthodox Catholics. They had an alter built into the house.

Nicest ****ing people you ever did meet... not counting my mom.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2014, 10:28 AM

There is nothing inherent in skin color that brings about violence, it is the environment, social class/stratification, culture/history, etc.

You can't look at the AA community, poor people, welfare recipients, muslim population, liberals, or whatever population you may not particularly care for and just try to separate them. They are a part of America, therefore this is an American problem.
Sorry Besson, but you are confusing race with CULTURE. I know you can't help it.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 10:51 AM

Sorry Besson, but you are confusing race with CULTURE. I know you can't help it.
It doesn't help when kids grow up listen to "Gansta Rap" like this:

This was used as the opening for "Do the Right Thing"

Chuck D calls the "I have a dream" march "nonesense"
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2014, 12:27 PM

What a nice bunch of people...all full of love.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 15, 2014, 12:30 PM

Huh? Here is what you wrote:

The black race, culture, community, all of it is part of America. You can't just put up a drawbridge and moat. My point stands.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2014, 01:05 PM

by your 'logic' then any group may riot, set things on fire etc? Proof? Its not ALL of America that throws tantrums. They are being used by others for social intimidation.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 01:44 PM

What a nice bunch of people...all full of love.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8
Sick bastards.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 15, 2014, 01:57 PM

by your 'logic' then any group may riot, set things on fire etc? Proof? Its not ALL of America that throws tantrums. They are being used by others for social intimidation.
You're missing the point. However, I don't think this is worth either of our time knowing how you think about politics (my team vs. theirs).
( Last edited by besson3c; Dec 15, 2014 at 02:19 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 02:12 PM

There will be no disparaging of Public Enemy around here without a response from me. We are talking about one of the greatest and most influential Hip Hop groups of all time. And for good reason. To even remotely associate them with "gangsta rap" is completely disingenuous.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 02:35 PM

There will be no disparaging of Public Enemy around here without a response from me. We are talking about one of the greatest and most influential Hip Hop groups of all time. And for good reason. To even remotely associate them with "gangsta rap" is completely disingenuous.

OAW
Chuck D called MLK's March "nonesense" in the intro to the "Fight the Power" video.

BTW, I saw PE here in Phoenix during the Fear of a Black Planet tour. It's the only show I've been to that I was was checked for a gun and there were armed guards on stage. (the Nation of Islam's FOI)
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 15, 2014, 03:06 PM

Chuck D called MLK's March "nonesense" in the intro to the "Fight the Power" video.
We really need to figure this stuff out.

Guns are just tools like shovels? The more Jesus the better? Free speech is okay so long as it doesn't damage the culture? What about those that feel that maximizing the amount of guns in circulation and spreading religion damages our culture too? There are lots of confusing and conflicting sentiments here.

At the end of the day, America is comprised of gun nuts, anti-gun nuts, every fathomable race, culture, belief system, religion, attitude, poor and rich people, parenting approach, etc. We shouldn't accept every belief system (e.g. the KKK), but we can't continue to say "oh them black people, that's THEIR fault. They need to get their shit together". At some point we are all in this together, and need to figure out how to make things work as a country.

I think this Republican-fed myth of us all being independent and free has been harming us. We are not free, you turn off the electricity grid, cut off food production, or shut down the government and people die. We are all dependent on each other, and therefore the struggles of the poor, black people, muslims, whatever have an impact on all of us morally, financially, and culturally. And yes, we need a working government.

What is at the root of the struggles of the AA community seems pretty obvious to me, and would challenge any community regardless of their race, skin color, etc. Yes, it is frustrating when we are manipulated by guilt, but it is even more frustrating when we see people giving these communities a giant middle finger. It is also frustrating to me to see a devout catholic do this, when it doesn't take a religious scholar to know that Jesus (and other religious leaders) were all about caring for and loving the poor and needy, not giving them the finger. This whole "they gotta get their shit together" is a giant middle finger.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2014, 03:59 PM

You're missing the point. However, I don't think this is worth either of our time knowing how you think about politics (my team vs. theirs).
you still think you can read minds?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2014, 04:03 PM

We really need to figure this stuff out.

Guns are just tools like shovels? The more Jesus the better? Free speech is okay so long as it doesn't damage the culture? What about those that feel that maximizing the amount of guns in circulation and spreading religion damages our culture too? There are lots of confusing and conflicting sentiments here.

At the end of the day, America is comprised of gun nuts, anti-gun nuts, every fathomable race, culture, belief system, religion, attitude, poor and rich people, parenting approach, etc. We shouldn't accept every belief system (e.g. the KKK), but we can't continue to say "oh them black people, that's THEIR fault. They need to get their shit together". At some point we are all in this together, and need to figure out how to make things work as a country.

I think this Republican-fed myth of us all being independent and free has been harming us. We are not free, you turn off the electricity grid, cut off food production, or shut down the government and people die. We are all dependent on each other, and therefore the struggles of the poor, black people, muslims, whatever have an impact on all of us morally, financially, and culturally. And yes, we need a working government.

What is at the root of the struggles of the AA community seems pretty obvious to me, and would challenge any community regardless of their race, skin color, etc. Yes, it is frustrating when we are manipulated by guilt, but it is even more frustrating when we see people giving these communities a giant middle finger. It is also frustrating to me to see a devout catholic do this, when it doesn't take a religious scholar to know that Jesus (and other religious leaders) were all about caring for and loving the poor and needy, not giving them the finger. This whole "they gotta get their shit together" is a giant middle finger.
Typical liberal mindset that you don't have ANY personal responsibility for your actions. Sounds like a broken record at this point.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 05:20 PM

Pope Leo XIII addressed many of the issues plaguing society today, 121 years ago, in his encyclical "Rerum Novarum" This was at the time when Marxism was rearing its ugly head.

Rerum Novarum
Rights and Duties of Capital and Labor
By Pope Leo XIII Paragraph by paragraph summary. By Omar F. A. Gutiérrez, MA

INTRODUCTION
1. The spirit of revolution in the field of capital and labor is on everyone’s mind.
2. As We have discussed other topics, “truth and justice” demand that We address these topics of rights and duties so that further revolution can be avoided.
3. What is absolutely clear is that
a. something must be done for the workers who are suffering
b. guilds, which have disappeared, cannot protect the worker
c. states and “public institutions” have rejected the faith
d. wealth is in the hands of the few, which creates a new kind of slavery.
You can read the entire summary here:
http://www.archomaha.org/files/7513/...um_novarum.pdf
Or the entire encyclical here:
Leo XIII - Rerum Novarum

Guns, knives, machetes, hammers, and especially shovels are all tools. It all depends on what one does with them.
Burglary victims catch suspects, hold them for authorities
Arizona woman to be sentenced in hammer killing - FOX 10 News | fox10phoenix.com
Man guilty of arranging estranged wife's machete murder | UK news | The Guardian
Girl in #Shovel video: ‘I still have a concussion' | HLNtv.com
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 05:40 PM

BTW, I saw PE here in Phoenix during the Fear of a Black Planet tour. It's the only show I've been to that I was was checked for a gun and there were armed guards on stage. (the Nation of Islam's FOI)
The "armed guards" on stage are called the Security of the 1st World ... aka the S1W's. Though some of them are members of the Nation of Islam they are definitely NOT the Fruit of Islam (FOI). They are part of the act and perform militaristic step routines whereas other hip hop acts might use background dancers. And BTW ... the Uzis they carry on stage at times are most definitely plastic replicas. I'm going to have to ask you to at least try to get a basic level of accurate information before speaking on the topic. Seriously.

OAW

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2014, 06:02 PM

Gee, thugs with guns to prevent violence from other Thugs with guns. See the pattern?

Forum Links
Forum Rules