Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Movie must be rendered beofre exporting...

Movie must be rendered beofre exporting...
siegzdad
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2002, 05:30 PM

OK, this is probably old hat for someone out there, but maybe someone can give me an answer...

I captured some media with iMovie on my Pismo which I then transfered over to my QuickSilver for editing in Final Cut Pro. After importing the media, I had to re-render the clips because the audio was captured at 48.0015 KHz. I edited it togather and rendered all my transitions, effects, titles, etc.

When I try to output the movie to MPEG2, it erros out saying something along the lines of "Movie must be rendered before exporting." What am I doing wrong? I suspect that it has to do with the fact that I captured in iMovie and not FCP (my Pismo has never been able to capture in FCP without dropping frames). Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should fix this? Should I choose Export -> QuickTime->DV->recompress all frames?

If I need to go this route, will there be a lot of compression artifacts?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Here is the output of the log file from teh MPEG2 codec:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1"face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre><font size=1 face=courier>
START: current date : <font color = blue>4</font>/<font color = blue>1</font>/<font color = blue>02</font> current time: <font color = blue>7</font>:<font color = blue>02</font>:<font color = blue>02</font> AM
Message: current file: Sequence <font color = blue>1.</font>m2v
Message: size of sourcemovie: <font color = blue>720</font> x <font color = blue>480</font>
System: NTSC
Aspect Ratio: <font color = blue>4</font>:<font color = blue>3</font>
Audio: yes
Bitrate: <font color = blue>5400000</font>

available space on target volume: <font color = blue>23.1</font> GB estimated filesize video: <font color = blue>2.0</font> GB
estimated filesize audio: <font color = blue>604.4</font> MB

User settings for field order: auto
Used field order: lower
Field order detected by DV
Video -&gt; movie has invalid video format
Message: The movie is not rendered. Please render movie before export.\rstatus:
</font>[/code]

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: siegzdad ]
iMac therefor iAm

Forum Links
Forum Rules