Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT: Custom PC / iPod 60GB / PS2 for Macbook

WTT: Custom PC / iPod 60GB / PS2 for Macbook
iStudent
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2007, 03:08 AM

MacNNers,

Contrary to my original marketplace thread, I have decided an iBook/Powerbook will not cut it for what I want to do, mainly because my job(s) require a Windows environment and I will need Boot Camp/Parallels for that, but I want to keep a functionality of an OSX environment as well for other things I do on the road.

Anyway, basically now I'm searching for a 13" MacBook that can handle these tasks for me. The setup I am most looking for is similar to the stock offering for the mid-level MacBook (2.0 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80GB HDD, Superdrive). I would expect a used version of that to be ~$1,000 (I need no additional software, as I have an extra OSX license sitting around... I will be wiping whatever machine I get and using that license).

Now, as perfect as that machine would complement my 2' iMac, I don't quite have the $1,000 right now since I'm a typical broke college student. But, I do have three other interesting packages that I would like to possibly offer up for trades for this Macbook or would just like to sell for cash on MacNN if anyone is interested.

Custom-Built PC and 15" LCD Monitor
This computer has served me well over the past year, especially in the areas of office productivity, multimedia editing, and gaming. It is currently running Windows XP Pro (not included, HDD will be wiped before sale) perfectly and it is quite fast! With my transition to the Apple world though, sadly, it has become an outcast on my desk. Here are my specs for this machine:
--AMD Athlon64 3200+: Newcastle core, Socket 754, 2.2GHz, 512K cache
--Asus K8V-SE: Via K8T800 chipset, 1 AGP, 5 PCI, on-board audio, on-board GbE, 8 USB, 2 IEEE1394
--Corsair XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 400 PC 3200
--nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB AGP
--WD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA150
--NEC DVD, Read: CD 48x/DVD 16x, Write: CD-R 48x/CD-RW 32x/DVD-R 16x/DVD-RW 6x/DVD+R 16x/DVD+RW 8x
--Lite-On LTR-48125W CD-RW
--Creative SB Live!
--Hauppage WinTV PVR 350 TV/FM Tuner (software and IR remote included)
--Rosewill 15" Black LCD Monitor (speakers built in monitor)
I am pricing this package in the ballpark of $800.

So, if anyone can help me out and take a few of these items off of my hands in my quest for a MacBook, I would appreciate it. Don't hesitate to contact me, I'm open to all suggestions/requests/comments.

Thanks,
Chester [iStudent]
( Last edited by iStudent; Mar 31, 2007 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Price changes)

iStudent  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2007, 02:54 AM

...anyone? Would like to acquire a MacBook before the start of May so I can take it with me on my travels over the summer for research. Please PM me or reply to my thread if you are interested in any of this (whether you have a MacBook or not... I will clearly sell you these items for cash money too).

Thanks,
Chester [iStudent]

tsvb
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2007, 01:00 PM

You are looking to trade all of that for a macbook?

iStudent  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2007, 02:01 PM

Well, I am looking to purchase a MacBook, but I do not have the cash right now to purchase one on my own. I do have three electronic items I need to sell, so I figured if someone had a MacBook, perhaps they would be interested in taking some of these off my hands. I don't think any combination of my items for a MacBook would be a fair trade straight up, so there would be some amount of cash involved. Or, I am willing to sell these individually, so I can eventually turn around with my cash I made on those sales to acquire a MacBook. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Chester [iStudent]

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2007, 05:31 PM

1200 for the custom built pc with 15" monitor? Try lowering the price dude see if anybody bites. i THINK IS PRICED TOO HIGH
just my opinion not bashing at all.

Try lowering your prices they are too high-now a days we can find a 80gb ipod with accesories for around the price your asking for your 60gb
Good luck on the sales
( Last edited by Javizun; Mar 25, 2007 at 08:17 PM. )
A.I.R (ART IS RESISTANCE)

xfiftyfour
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2007, 06:01 PM

I agree with Jazivun.. to be honest, all of your prices seem too high. Custom built PCs don't go for anywhere near what you're hoping - take a look at eBay prices.

The 60GB iPods go for around $200 - $250 on eBay, as well.. throwing in a used Roadtrip ($54 brand new from Amazon) and iSkin ($23 brand new from Amazon) does not bump that price up to $400. I think you're looking at less than $300 total.. probably closer to around $250.

Oh, and I just sold my PS2 + 17 games + 2 controllers + 2 extenders + a memory card on eBay and got $115, if that gives you any idea how much your package is worth, as well.

Sorry man.

iStudent  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 27, 2007, 02:29 AM

I have updated my prices as such, to see if I can get any other interest from the MacNN forums.
--Chester [iStudent]

Veritas&Equitas
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 27, 2007, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Javizun View Post
1200 for the custom built pc with 15" monitor? Try lowering the price dude see if anybody bites. i THINK IS PRICED TOO HIGH
just my opinion not bashing at all.
True, you are never going to get that price for that custom built PC, I mean, you can get a much better one than that from Dell for nearly half the price.

I've got an AMD 3800+, 2 gb Corsair XMS, 6800GT, Asus-SLI Deluxe mobo, 250 gb WD, Sony DVD-RW, X-Navigator case, LED lighting, and an extra 15'' LCD that I could throw in (considering I game on a 37'' Westy)...which is a more killer setup than yours, and I even know that there's no way I'd get anywhere near $1,100 for it.

Quite honestly, you'd be lucky to get $700-750 for that PC, sadly. No one wants custom built PC's; there's no warranty, who knows if you've OC'ed the cards/cpu, no guarantee of any sort. You might be better off parting it out to get ~$700-750 if you're lucky.

iStudent  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2007, 02:00 AM

I'm going to give it another try here on MacNN with one last update of prices (see OP). I don't think these are too unreasonable for some quality hardware. Again, still listening for trades or cash.

Thanks,
Chester [iStudent]

Forum Links
Forum Rules