Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Info gathering from ISPs deemed unconstitutional .. another blow to the Patriot Act

Info gathering from ISPs deemed unconstitutional .. another blow to the Patriot Act (Page 2)
itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2004, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by spacefreak:
Huge invasion of privacy? "Dozens" of records requested out of over 200,000,000 internet and phone users (0.0001%) is a "huge" invasion of privacy?

Get real.
I guess it doesn't seem like much until it affects you. After all, Jews were a small minority in Nazi Germany as well.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 1, 2004, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by itai195:
I guess it doesn't seem like much until it affects you. After all, Jews were a small minority in Nazi Germany as well.
Oh man, they're gonna jump all over you for that one.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2004, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Oh man, they're gonna jump all over you for that one.
Good thing I brought along my flame retardant suit

But seriously, it reminded me of that old poster.... what was it? First they came for the Jews, but I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics but I wasn't a Catholic... etc etc... I'm not going to give up an essential liberty just because I'm unlikely to be affected.

Forum Links
Forum Rules