Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Wannabe Gays?

Wannabe Gays?
Salty
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2005, 12:43 AM

Just talking to someone, about my first room mate who for the record was selfishness incarnate. Anyway, he was one of those "open minded" people. I say that because he wasn't really open minded, he just didn't know what he believed. He just liked to argue with people and try and disprove things that other people actually did believe for fun. Anyway he was also that type of person that wanted to be different in ever way possible. Anti social, actually on a campus where like almost everyone is friends, he made himself into a social outcast by simply refusing to try to get to know anyone, simply so that he could be different from everyone else on campus. (Or so I figure).
Anyway, I'm also pretty sure that he wanted to be gay. And by that I mean, he wished he was, because that would make him different. Least that was the vibe I got from him some times... which was kinda creepy. But anyway, you guys ever met any other guys that are straight but wished they were gay?

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2005, 12:47 AM

How's that blog going?
"That's okay, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."

slowspeed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2005, 12:55 AM

not really like you are describing...

only that years ago in high school there were some guys, who are were actually not bad people, but got kind of a rough time from some low-lifes for being very into drama and acting etc, and I don't think any of them actually were gay but certainly played that possibility up to explain their less than stereo-typical interests, and unpoularity with the unruly mob.

I hear what you are saying though, I think some ppl who have and odd sense of belonging/not belonging play up greater quirks in their personas than may really be there, just to give them a sense of control over what the mob thinks is being a wierdo.

kinda like, "you think I'm different/strange/odd because I choose to be this way, therfore I choose you to think this of me - I am in control"

does that fit in with your impression of the person you referred to?
Slow Speed
"I put the moron in oxymoron"

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2005, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Scandalous Ion Cannon
How's that blog going?
Not really well...

Tesseract
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2005, 12:59 AM

I haven't met anyone who wished they were gay.
I have met people who've done strange things in an attempt to differentiate themselves from 'the crowd'. Usually they just end up going along with a new 'crowd'. Deciding to wear black clothes, say, does not so much differentiate you from the people who don't do it (what the black-clothing-wearers say their goal is) as associate you with others who do.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2005, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by slowspeed
not really like you are describing...

only that years ago in high school there were some guys, who are were actually not bad people, but got kind of a rough time from some low-lifes for being very into drama and acting etc, and I don't think any of them actually were gay but certainly played that possibility up to explain their less than stereo-typical interests, and unpoularity with the unruly mob.

I hear what you are saying though, I think some ppl who have and odd sense of belonging/not belonging play up greater quirks in their personas than may really be there, just to give them a sense of control over what the mob thinks is being a wierdo.

kinda like, "you think I'm different/strange/odd because I choose to be this way, therfore I choose you to think this of me - I am in control"

does that fit in with your impression of the person you referred to?
Kind of, but for him I think it was more a disassociation. IE you've rejected me, or so I think, therefore I reject everything about you. Instead of you rejecting me, I choose to not belong.

Psychonaut
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2005, 01:24 AM

Yes, many. In fact, us gays are forming reparative therapy support groups for them.
DBGFHRGL!

Warung
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2005, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
But anyway, you guys ever met any other guys that are straight but wished they were gay?
Yes, you.

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2005, 02:49 AM

Damn, I was 6 lines into this before realizing who the thread-starter was.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2005, 03:11 AM

Is Salty finally admitting he's on the other side of metrosexuality?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2005, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Warung
Yes, you.

How much longer can this outing take!!!
"That's okay, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."

Ratm
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2005, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Scandalous Ion Cannon
How's that blog going?
Too subtle. More direct next time.

And you can hear a bit of jealousy in Salty. I wonder what really happened that caused you to post this and made up some ******** to cover.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2005, 04:56 AM

Fags are ****ing stupid idiots, they screw every one and I mean that in more then one way. They spread diseases, are untrustworthy cheating lying bastards. I have yet to meet one that’s not like that. Why would any one want to be a wannabe.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2005, 05:23 AM

Athens, you switch more than Apple's chips.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2005, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Randman
Athens, you switch more than Apple's chips.
I learned a lesson this week, you cant trust any one, and gay man are all the same reguardless of what they tell u. When a chip is fualty or has no future you switch chips. Well I've switched chips and trying to decide if I should throw out the defective chip.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2005, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Athens
I learned a lesson this week, you cant trust any one, and gay man are all the same reguardless of what they tell u. When a chip is fualty or has no future you switch chips. Well I've switched chips and trying to decide if I should throw out the defective chip.

awww, does that mean no more bumsex for you?

P.S. there are some good gays out there. I've yet to fine one, but they do exist. I know because I used to be one, that is until the gay lifestyle shattered my hopes and ambitions.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2005, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by kmkkid

P.S. there are some good gays out there. I've yet to fine one, but they do exist. I know because I used to be one, that is until the gay lifestyle shattered my hopes and ambitions.
was never into the bumsex, always thought it to dangerous. A coworker this week just tested positive for HIV and my long time BF has a real good chance at having it too from one really stupid mistake he made start of this year. So im glad I was never into it.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2005, 07:56 AM

Not really well...
That's because nobody can remember the address and you don't link it from your signature.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 27, 2005, 08:13 AM

Salty you are a glutton for punishment.

dav
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2005, 08:28 AM

... you guys ever met any other guys that are straight but wished they were gay?
no.
one post closer to five stars

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2005, 08:30 AM

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2005, 08:33 AM

Anyway, I'm also pretty sure that he wanted to be gay. And by that I mean, he wished he was, because that would make him different. Least that was the vibe I got from him some times... which was kinda creepy. But anyway, you guys ever met any other guys that are straight but wished they were gay?
Why are you even thinking about this? Shouldn't you be thinking about engines and tools and breasts and beer and consumer electronics?

Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Warung
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2005, 09:46 AM

there are some good gays out there. I've yet to fine one, but they do exist.
Are you a member of the fashion police?

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2005, 09:50 AM

Not really well...
No wonder. You waste all your material here...

-t

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2005, 03:12 AM

Well let me know if you ever find one. Because what I've seen there is no such thing.

brapper
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2005, 03:34 AM

This thread bores and confuses me. Maybe each reaction is linked, but I'd much prefer a thread about boobs.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2005, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Warung
Are you a member of the fashion police?
Indeed I am.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2005, 11:57 AM

Well let me know if you ever find one. Because what I've seen there is no such thing.
Your best chance is with a closet case. Unfortunatly, they're the hard ones to find.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2005, 12:03 PM

Your best chance is with a closet case. Unfortunatly, they're the hard ones to find.
Ahem

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Randman

LOL. He's definately not my type.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2005, 12:11 PM

LOL. He's definately not my type.
I would think the Jesus connection is something to build on ...

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2005, 12:23 PM

Fags are ****ing stupid idiots, they screw every one and I mean that in more then one way. They spread diseases, are untrustworthy cheating lying bastards. I have yet to meet one that’s not like that. Why would any one want to be a wannabe.
Dude, aren't you like 23?

Sounds to me like your first "true love" just ripped out your heart and stomped all over it.
Guess what, it happens to all of us at some point. Accept the pain for what it is--a natural
sense of betrayal--work through it, and move on with your life. But stop with all this "All fags
are crap" stuff. Your betrayal has everything to do with human nature--people frequently
betray the ones they are closest--and not anything to do with being gay or straight. How
much self-loathing have you got in you, anyway?
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Albert Pujols
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2005, 12:27 PM

Is it ok to tell an ugly chick that you're gay when she starts hitting on you?

Thats when I wanna be gay.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2005, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Albert Pujols
Is it ok to tell an ugly chick that you're gay when she starts hitting on you?

Thats when I wanna be gay.
I use that line with ugly gays(cept I tell um I'm straight), so sure, use it.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2005, 12:43 PM

Double post. Damn the database is really screwed lately.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2005, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy

Sounds to me like your first "true love" just ripped out your heart and stomped all over it.
Guess what, it happens to all of us at some point. Accept the pain for what it is--a natural
sense of betrayal--work through it, and move on with your life. But stop with all this "All fags
are crap" stuff. Your betrayal has everything to do with human nature--people frequently
betray the ones they are closest--and not anything to do with being gay or straight. How
My thoughts, exactly. I wonder how old several of the people here are.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2005, 02:52 PM

Actually on topic, there was a big controversy at my college when the president of the GLBA (gay, lesbian, bisexual alliance) was outed as being straight. He rose to power claiming to be gay and in a committed relationship back home, and then when he moneyed around with chicks, said he was bi, and then fessed up to the fact that he was not gay or bi at all.

It was pretty surreal. People were very angry.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2005, 03:01 AM

you ****ing joking! Ive just spent the last 2 years with a closet case, they are the absolute worse kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something I am NEVER EVER DOING EVER AGAIN!

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2005, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy

My true love ****ed up, and cought something that is slowly killing him. Ive been stabbed in the heart on more then one front and now I get to watch him die. Lots of self loathing left. And im 25

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2005, 03:30 AM

My true love ****ed up, and cought something that is slowly killing him. Ive been stabbed in the heart on more then one front and now I get to watch him die. Lots of self loathing left. And im 25
Sounds to me like your true love did you favor. If he is one to mess around on you then he is NOT your true love. I just hope whatever he caught--HIV?!?--didn't get transmitted to you so you can go on with your life and learn from this lesson: Don't f*** around on the people you love.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2005, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500
Actually on topic, there was a big controversy at my college when the president of the GLBA (gay, lesbian, bisexual alliance) was outed as being straight. He rose to power claiming to be gay and in a committed relationship back home, and then when he moneyed around with chicks, said he was bi, and then fessed up to the fact that he was not gay or bi at all.

It was pretty surreal. People were very angry.
Now that's funny.

Forum Links
Forum Rules