Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Got a Canon PowerShot today..

Got a Canon PowerShot today..
IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 10, 2004, 03:31 AM

PowerShot A75 / 3.2MP / 3x Optical yada yada

Picked it up for $198 at the local WalMart (hush) yesterday. I'm enjoying it quite a bit I think. while I've enjoyed using friend's digitals for years, this is the first to be mine. The price was right, people generally say nice things about these little canons, so wth.

i'm even more digital now.

ice

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2004, 05:08 AM

Great. I was nevera fan of Canon but I really like their low and mid-end digital compact cameras. They give you really great pictures and VERY good quality in low light and with long exposures.

im_noahselby
Senior User
Nov 10, 2004, 08:16 AM

Congrats! It's hard to go wrong with a canon

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2004, 09:48 AM

I picked up a Powershot A95 monday (11-8-04)! I'm quite pleased with it so far. Congrats on your camera purchase. A number of folks here recommend Canon.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

DarwinX
Nov 10, 2004, 10:16 AM

Have an A80, love it

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2004, 04:11 PM

I want a S500

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2004, 07:12 PM

I want a 20D

"I start fires!"

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2004, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by MaxPower2k3:
I want a 20D

Friend got a 20D two weeks ago. Hadn't even taken a single shot until this past weekend because he wanted to read the manual first. Wow.

Great camera with a mediocre lens (18-55mm kit). Couldn't afford to upgrade the glass after spending nearly $2000 after tax and warranty. I truly think this was overkill for him, but he is patient and willing to learn the ins and outs.
I, ASIMO.

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2004, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by ASIMO:
Friend got a 20D two weeks ago. Hadn't even taken a single shot until this past weekend because he wanted to read the manual first. Wow.

Great camera with a mediocre lens (18-55mm kit). Couldn't afford to upgrade the glass after spending nearly $2000 after tax and warranty. I truly think this was overkill for him, but he is patient and willing to learn the ins and outs.
Nice. I've also heard some mixed reviews of that lens. It's the same one that comes with the digital rebel. It is cheap, though. I think i'd probably get the 20D with the 17-85mm EF-S lens, if any, for $2000. I think that's the same kit Eug got. Either that or a D70, and save a few ($700) bucks, but I'm a Canon fan.

"I start fires!"

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2004, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by MaxPower2k3:
Nice. I've also heard some mixed reviews of that lens. It's the same one that comes with the digital rebel. It is cheap, though. I think i'd probably get the 20D with the 17-85mm EF-S lens, if any, for $2000. I think that's the same kit Eug got. Either that or a D70, and save a few ($700) bucks, but I'm a Canon fan.

Do that. I would shoot for the better lens with the 20D, alright. I have had the D70 with the 18-70mm kit lens (there is apparently a rebate on the D70/kit) for a few months, and have been rather satisfied with the system. The Nikon's UI and overall ergonomics is what sold me. Next glass for me is probably the 12-24mm. The lusty VR zooms will have to wait...for a long while.

Canon or Nikon, you cannot go wrong.
I, ASIMO.

Forum Links
Forum Rules