Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Software Update Troubles...

Software Update Troubles...
jokell82
Professional Poster
Aug 17, 2001, 09:15 PM

Ok, I've been having some problems with Software Update. I run it, and it will show me a few things that I can update. So I click on update, and then it gets all screwy. It immediately disconnects me from Compuserve, then attempts to find the server for the updates. I've tried to do it about a thousand times now, and I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2001, 02:36 AM

software update quits all running apps, there is no way i know to avoid it. use teh standred apple update site, or versiontracker.com

jokell82  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2001, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by oscar:
<STRONG>software update quits all running apps, there is no way i know to avoid it. use teh standred apple update site, or versiontracker.com</STRONG>
Thanks. I'll have to hook my laptop up to my cable modem to do the updates. I wish we had an airport network set up here. =)

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules