Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.2.1 performance

OS 9.2.1 performance
OverclockedHomoSapien
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2001, 10:38 PM

I wanted to start a thread that contains observations of any changes in performance in going from 9.1 to 9.2.1.

I installed 9.2.1 without a hitch, on a PMG4 400 running 9.1. My initial impression is that apps launch much faster in the new OS. Difficult to say for sure, but I'll post any other changes as I notice them.

Thanks Apple!

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: OverclockedHomoSapien ]
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.[/FONT]

OverclockedHomoSapien  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2001, 04:17 PM

<bump>

I'm not a leper...and I don't bite.
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.[/FONT]

KidRed
Professional Poster
Aug 22, 2001, 04:30 PM

Oh, you're noy? Well, then it's ok then, I guess.

Yea, 9 rocks for me, both botted and as classic. I was hoping that more classic bugs wouldv'e been fixed. Classic loads a lot faster, classic apps launch faster but there's still a copy/paste issue bug. The drag and drop issues seemed to be fixed.

I was really hoping this release would fix the scroll whell probs but maybe 10.1 will
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

Forum Links
Forum Rules