Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.2.1 and Language kits

9.2.1 and Language kits
trash80
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2001, 05:17 AM

i use language kits with 9.1, does this mean i have to get a 9.2 CD and can't use this 80Meg file i am half-way downloading?

the readme is slightly vague, it says "Versions of Apple language kits prior to Mac OS 9.1 (Language Kits 1.1) are not compatible with Mac OS 9.2. " so does that mean 9.1's language kit works fine with 9.2 or not?

sorry if this is crystal clear to everyone else, but i am dumb!

Moonray
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2001, 06:25 AM

I read it as "Language Kits are included in the update" and they refer in their text to the upgrade procedure from CD rather than the downloadable version, so it shouldn't make a difference... but it's not that crystal clear to me either.

-

trash80  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2001, 03:28 PM

to answer my own question it worked fine

thats upgrading from 9.1 though so i guess from older MacOS you'd need the CD to get
language kits up to date. i tried installing on my older iMac first, the install crashed
but on reboot came up 9.2 no probs. it may have crashed coz the OSX partition on that
Mac is corrupted.

Forum Links
Forum Rules