Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OSX, DSL and local network ??!!

OSX, DSL and local network ??!!
marknyc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2001, 02:45 AM

Okay after reading every article about OSX and DSL � with no success � this is my final attempt to solve my problem � so please HELP!

My Cube G4, iMac and G3 Power Book (all on 9.1) used to �share� my Virizon DSL Internet connection. (Sometimes I even allow an IBM Laptop to join them) All computers are connected via a hub that uplinks to a Westel Modem. Each machine uses a PPPoE client to connect to the Internet.
The TCP/IP settings of each computer is: IP 192.0.0.X (Cube=2, iMac=3, BP=4, IBM=5) submask is set to 255.255.255.0 and Router address to 192.0.0.1. I also have Name server address set on each computer. As I said under 9.1 this odd set up worked perfectly.

Recently I switched my Power Book to OSX and ever since I can�t get it connected to the Internet. Iam using the same TCP/IP settings as before and configured the internal OSX PPPoE client as the standalone clients on the other machines. But whatever I try its not getting a connection.

What is wrong here? Please help,
Best
Markus

Forum Links
Forum Rules