Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Suggest Me Some Monitors For Photo Editing

Suggest Me Some Monitors For Photo Editing
tokiyokeller12
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2020, 09:14 PM

I am looking for some monitor suggestions for photo editing professionals. My Budget is around 500 US dollars, Please suggest me some good monitors that have good colors corrections
Tokiyo Keller

reader50
Administrator
May 14, 2020, 01:13 PM

In your business, color accuracy is critical. Skin tones have to be exactly right. Discerning viewers insist on it during close-ups of the action. You should consider upping your monitor budget - don't skimp on essential editing tools. Ad networks being as skittish as they are, your videos have to help sell themselves.

Might I suggest a RaCie WideEye Studio monitor. They're pricey, but have excellent colors in the midrange.

Mattben7
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2020, 10:36 AM

You have a decent budget I think. But you didn't share which size do you prefer. But for editing, you need a big monitor at least 24 to 30 inches. Here are some of the brands you can try: Dell S2418H, Acer G277HL, LG 32MA70HY-P, Samsung Space Monitor.

reader50
Administrator
May 15, 2020, 12:54 PM

Mattben7, are you serious? Your Samsung 32" starts at $600, beyond his budget. The other three are 1920x1080, inadequate for good photo work today. Much less the OP's mature video production. Your Dell monitor is discontinued.

andi*pandi
May 15, 2020, 01:56 PM

We recently got 4k monitors for the office, at about $800 per. I have to say no one really likes them. The creative apps (adobe) are not set up for 4k and doing art for websites or print it's much harder to judge proportions.

Apple cinema FTW.

Thorzdad
May 15, 2020, 02:07 PM

Yeah, 4k is ridiculous overkill for any web or print work. Color accuracy is probably the most important thing to consider, especially if you're dealing with acres and acres of fleshtones like the OP.

Forum Links
Forum Rules