Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mail program

Mail program
mooechili
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2002, 11:23 PM

I have a yahoo mail address and have several mail accounts forwarded to that. Have been using my os x mail program and yesterday I could no longer send outgoing mail due to an authentication problem with smtp server. I can go to yahoo and send mail but os x program is better IMO. Reading help shows that yahoo works well with Eudora, Outlook Express, Netscape (?) and one other mail program..others may have a problem sending mail.
My question is..which mail program is best for os x? I think Eudora has a beta for os x. Does Outlook Express work with os x? I can switch my outgoing server to my recently aquired cable server..just not sure if this is a temporary problem or a change yahoo has made.
The os x mail program works good enough for me, but considering the problem guess I will add another mail program. Your suggestions for the best mail program? Also, if I do add another program do I need to do anything to the os x program to disable it? Thanks if advance..

mooechili  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2002, 11:41 PM

Sorry, but I should have qualified that last question a bit more. I don't send/receive large amounts of mail, but I do send lots of pictures. I really like the drag and drop ease of os x mail program over say a yahoo. Guess I should have also asked which other mail programs support drag and drop. Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules