Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > which meal do you skip the most often? why?

which meal do you skip the most often? why?
ankle_brains
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2004, 10:58 AM

of breakfast, lunch, or dinner...which meal do you skip the most and why?

i skip breakfast because i like to sleep in and can wait for lunch.

what about you?

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2004, 11:04 AM

Chicken.

iWrite
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2004, 11:04 AM

Welcome back, ankle_brains...we missed you.

I skip breakfast if I'm going to "skip."

I have coffee and I'm good to go. But, this morning I had fresh sauteed mushrooms and scrambled eggs and good sourdough bread lightly toasted...with fresh orange juice and coffee.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 13, 2004, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by iWrite:
Welcome back, ankle_brains...we missed you.
Wanna make a poll on that?

Turias
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2004, 11:17 AM

And I was just starting to feel like the Lounge actually had some worthwhile threads in it...

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2004, 01:12 PM

None of them.

soul searching
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2004, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by ankle_brains:

what about you?
I don't skip any. I actually add meals to my day . I eat about 5-6 small meals a day.

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 13, 2004, 01:36 PM

I usually don't eat breakfast. I tend to get up with just enough time to shower and get where I'm going.

But if I wake up with enough time, I'll eat something. I tend to only eat twice a day no matter what, which is apparently not good for me... I think soul searching's method is technically the right way to eat.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 13, 2004, 02:53 PM

I don't usually eat breakfast. I developed the habbit of not eating it back in high school. Every single day, my school served the most worthless crap food for breakfast: donuts, chocholate milk, funky pastries, etc... All sugar. It made me sick to load up on sugar that early, so I just stopped eating breakfast all together.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

RooneyX
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2004, 03:30 PM

I only eat one light meal a day.

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2004, 03:49 PM

Wait.

Change that "chicken" to "Fish".

Yup.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 13, 2004, 04:27 PM

I normally eat breakfast. Got acid reflux, and it's been proven that breakfast gets the digestive system working a bit better during the day. And it does help keep things under control.

Normally I skip lunch 1-2 times a week. It's my weight loss program. Seems to be working. Eat a larger dinner those days.

Normally I invert lunch and dinner. Eat a big lunch, and visit the deli for dinner. Much better on the tummy. No big meal sitting there.

An interesting note is that inverting lunch/dinner helped me loose some weight:

Breakfast. Eat it every morning, not really hungry. Feel good after.

Lunch. Not to hungry, since I had breakfast, but eat a good meal (not to big), and all foodgroups. Leave feeling good/satisfied.

Dinner. Get a nice deli sandwich. Since I had a big lunch, I'm not to hungry. Feel good after.

Snack maybe a little later.

So I only eat 1 really "bad" meal. Breakfast I'll just go pretty light, and dinner isn't anything fancy. Just lunch. And because I'm full, I naturally control my dinner habits, and snacking.

By not letting myself get hungry. I stopped eating so much.

Strange... but it seriously works.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 13, 2004, 05:29 PM

I don't skip any meal...

ryju
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2004, 07:18 PM

I usually skip breakfast, no time, and I'm not always funny RIGHT when I wake up.

jonn804
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2004, 10:22 PM

Dinner.... I eat breakfast as I need food when I get to work, lunch with my boss.. full at dinner time + I like beer at night.

cacarr1
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2004, 10:53 PM

I skip my 'last' meal every day. I do this because I live under the assumption that I will be alive tomorrow. I'm sure this will change someday in the future. Or if I'm ever on death row...
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

KP*
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2004, 01:28 AM

I never have breakfast. Half the time because I'm asleep and if I'm not, then to save money.

Cipher13
Feb 14, 2004, 01:34 AM

Never have breakfast, often don't have lunch.

Silencer
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2004, 05:11 AM

Breakfast and Lunch, I very rarely have breakfast maybe just a glass of juice on occasion, and I almost never ever have lunch, I'm usually out and when I am i'd rather spend my money on a new CD than a meal, even at home I usually don't eat lunch just out of habit.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Feb 14, 2004, 06:09 AM

I only have breakfast about once or twice a week. I always eat lunch and dinner. Normally I sleep in and I can barely make it to my class in time. But when I do have breakfast it's worth it - I have everything the dorm cafeteria has to offer. Not great, but they sure have a good variety! Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, mini omelettes, pancakes or waffles, fried potatoes, a big glass of orange juice, and I usually put some of the stuff on an English muffin or bagel just for good measure. I never go hungry if I can drag myself out of bed early enough!

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

gadster
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2004, 09:36 AM

Breakfast. Why? Because, I have neither the time nor the inclination to do any more than pour myself a schooner (or two) of Coola cordial at such an ungodly hour ( 8.45am).

So it's not often, it's always.

Breakfast? Breakfast is for wimps. Except for the weekends, where breakfast is lunch.

btw, anklebrains, you do work for a market research company, right? Shouldn't we be getting paid for this?
e-gads

Cubeoid
Baninated
Feb 14, 2004, 09:46 AM

lunch..usually on the way to work or working...that and I'm poor, so I don't want to buy food out.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2004, 11:05 AM

Breakfast. Don't (or can't) wake up early enough to spend time eating and get to work on time.
Pretty pathetic, since I've got about a 5 minute drive to work!

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2004, 02:58 AM

Breakfast

Late
-original iMac, TiPB 400, Cube, Macbook (black), iMac 24¨, plus the original iPod and a black nano 4GB-

soul searching
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2004, 05:11 AM

Originally posted by gadster:
...Breakfast is for wimps. ...
I think you mean pimps. Breakfast is for PIMPS. Actually, I just like breakfast food, especially in the evening .

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

ghotirking
Feb 15, 2004, 07:48 AM

I usually skip breakfast, with the exception of a cup of coffee and maybe a venti latte if my Starbuck's card is full up.
I have a terrible habit of sleeping as long as possible before I have to leave for work (that may also be directly related to my habit of staying UP as late as possible the night before).
I know all the 'traffic windows', how long it would take to get to work 3 different ways, etc.
I get up in just enough time to sh!t, shower and shave, then go to work.
Though, I did work at a call center once that had an awesome cook in the kitchen...he made corned beef hash and eggs that had people lining up around the corner to buy. I made sure to have $$ for breakfast on the days that was on the menu.

spiky_dog
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2004, 02:56 PM

back in school i used to skip breakfast regularly. now, in the working world, i skip lunch much more often.

why: in the school days i was on a meal plan, but needed sleep badly. now i'd rather go a bit hungry than pay $8 or $10 for lunch, since food is a significant money sink in my personal budget.

brapper
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2004, 02:23 AM

bump.
(i missed seeing 'topic starter: ankle_brains' whenever i came into the lounge...now to reload and feel that warm feeling inside again...)

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2004, 03:17 AM

I skip supper mostly, because I work at a prison and the food is...

Forum Links
Forum Rules