Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.3.6 and Pioneer DVR 108 support?

10.3.6 and Pioneer DVR 108 support?
rocky2
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 26, 2004, 11:16 PM

Would somebody with access to the 10.3.6 developer preview please post whether it has built-in suppot for the recent Pioneer DVR108 dual-layer drive.
I have one but don't want to buy Toast 6.0.7 if native support will soon be released.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 06:45 AM

What 10.3.6 developer preview, exactly?

Anyway, I wouldn't hold out any hopes until at least Tiger.

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2004, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Angus_D:
What 10.3.6 developer preview, exactly?

Anyway, I wouldn't hold out any hopes until at least Tiger.
How else to explain it?? there is a 10.3.6 developer preview floating about. It's no secret. Check AppleInsider where it also happens to mention various changes regarding optical media.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by Grrr:
How else to explain it?? there is a 10.3.6 developer preview floating about. It's no secret. Check AppleInsider where it also happens to mention various changes regarding optical media.
Sorry, I don't read AppleInsider on a regular basis, so I hadn't heard of it. I'd also point out that nobody with legal access to any developer preview release would be allowed to discuss it.

normang
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2004, 05:03 PM

Is the DVR-108 supported only by Toast? SO the OS and iDVD will not recognize it?

Oneota
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2004, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by normang:
Is the DVR-108 supported only by Toast? SO the OS and iDVD will not recognize it?
I think the OS recognizes it now, but has no support for the dual-layer-y goodness.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

sghms
Oct 1, 2004, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by rocky2:
Would somebody with access to the 10.3.6 developer preview please post whether it has built-in suppot for the recent Pioneer DVR108 dual-layer drive.
I have one but don't want to buy Toast 6.0.7 if native support will soon be released.
You can use Patchburn II which will allow to use the pioneer 108 with all of Apple's iApps. Only Toast 6.07 for the moment recognises the drive natively and will burn dual layer on it. All other apps for the mo will burn single layers.

You can check out more information over here and here

I have the pioneer and using Patchburn, I can use it as normal

Hope that helps
2 Ghz Stealthbook
2Gb RAM
OS X.4.x

OzarkMtn
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2004, 10:45 PM

I don't think his question has been answered correctly.

His question was:

Originally posted by rocky2:
...whether it has built-in suppot for the recent Pioneer DVR108 dual-layer drive.
Cheers,

Just say "NO" to PLASTIC SPEAKERS!!

Oneota
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2004, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by OzarkMtn:
I don't think his question has been answered correctly.
Well, the majority of us don't have access to 10.3.6, so we're offering what information we have. Since no one with access to 10.3.6 has bothered to reply, what do you expect of the rest of us?
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

Ishan Bhattacharya
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2004, 08:00 PM

No, it doesn't.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2004, 11:47 PM

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

normang
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2004, 07:03 PM

If someone else has a DVR-108 and using Patchburn 3, I am having an issue where burning -RW discs with the the Pioneer DVR-108 works, and it verifies, but when the Apple DVD Player tries to play it after the burn, it complains about an unreadable file. If I open the VIDEO_TS folder from the source, it works fine. The other strange thing, is that it will play in my Sony DVD Player. however if this is a drive problem, I want to return it before the 30 day return expires in a couple weeks. If someone can try burning a -RW and see if you get the same symptoms. that may indicate that its a Patchburn problem of some sort.. Other -R media works fine thanks

leperkuhn
Senior User
Oct 12, 2004, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by Angus_D:
Sorry, I don't read AppleInsider on a regular basis, so I hadn't heard of it. I'd also point out that nobody with legal access to any developer preview release would be allowed to discuss it.
Wow, it's like having a discussion with my mom.

Forum Links
Forum Rules