Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > dell 2005F monitor image problem

dell 2005F monitor image problem
holderlin
Mar 25, 2005, 09:42 PM

I've hooked up the new dell monitor but the image size is small (typeface, etc.). I don't think it's an illusion. I'm using a G5 1.8 ghz cpu, so I'm not sure why I don't get my usual image size. I don't like the absence of a manual with the monitor -- It definitely is not packaged for Macs - and I haven't had much luck finding an answer to my problem on their website.

Thanks for any help.

bob

Mithras
Professional Poster
Mar 26, 2005, 01:49 AM

What resolution is the screen set to? (Check either the Displays menu item in the top-right of the menubar, or the Displays prefpane). You should be set to 1680x1050.

It's a fairly high density screen (~ 100dpi), so it may just take getting used to if you've previously had, for example, a 19" screen at 1280x1024.

holderlin  (op)
Mar 26, 2005, 08:19 AM

The resolution is set to 1680x1050. Perhaps you're right about it taking a while to adjust. However, when I open iTunes (among others) the entry list seems a whole lot smaller typeface as do the icons in the dock.

Bob

U n i o n 0015
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2005, 04:04 PM

In iTunes, you can set whether you want your music to be displayed in large or small text. With the dock, you can always increase the size and magnification levels.

If the monitor is set at its native resolution, you're probably just having trouble adjusting. I had some trouble coming from a 17" CRT running at 1024 x 768 to a 15" PowerBook screen running at 1280 x 854. If it's roughly 100ppi, I think you'll find it quite easy on the eyes once you adjust.
12" 1.5GHz Aluminum PowerBook G4
15" 1GHz Titanium PowerBook G4

Forum Links
Forum Rules