Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > When are the new powerbooks coming out

When are the new powerbooks coming out
crzdc0l0mbian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2006, 06:09 PM

I have to get a new labtop and was thinking of getting an apple, always had pcs and am tired of the virus and MS. Anyway my gf has a powerbook and its awesome, and now they changed to intel chips and has so many problems. Do u think that they will release a new version of the Macbook Pro before school starts in september or should i just go on ebay and get a powerbook

Helmling
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2006, 06:29 PM

Hmmm, I've got to say that I wouldn't buy a powerbook now--unless the price was really, really low. The problems with the MBP's have, from what I've heard, cleared up a great deal. There may indeed be an incremental upgrade to the MBP line by September, but the line that's out right now is pretty damned good. Also, alternatively, the MacBook is a great little machine. After much soul searching, I've decided on the MacBook over the Pro.

ibook_steve
Jul 13, 2006, 09:51 PM

Just wait until after WWDC at the beginning of August. If the MBP is updated, that's most likely when it will be.

Steve

crzdc0l0mbian  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2006, 09:55 PM

thanks alot guys... yea i was thinking of getting the mac book but the graphics card is very low 64 mb shared... which has me worried, and i dont no if a 13 inch screen will be good enough. My gf has a 15 inch powerbook and i think thats a good size and i really like the lighted keyboard.

Forum Links
Forum Rules