Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > USB Hubs

USB Hubs
jmault
Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 04:58 PM

I was looking to purcahse a USB hub with in the next week or so but I wanted to get some thoughts on which brands were reccomended and also where I could purchse a nice hub?

SSharon
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2006, 05:57 PM

get a powered hub. I haven't had any problems with the many random brands I have puchased in the past.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2006, 06:28 PM

This should really be posted in Peripherals since it's not specific to PowerBooks/MacBooks.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2006, 06:29 PM

Belkin makes great USB hubs. Basically any brand should be fine, but I have had great luck with Belkin. Plus some come with a 1 year warranty.

ael719
Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 07:37 PM

I bought a cheapo off of eBay... it works fine and comes with a power plug usb and a power/data usb. I used the power plug usb when I plugged in my Seagate External HD and it didn't work. One big issue I noticed is that my usb hub feels light and cheap. I could probably break it by carrying it in my backpack for a couple days.
Retired: Dell Dimension 8200
Current: MacBook Black
Future: iMac or MacPro

Forum Links
Forum Rules